Login

russian armor

Patch for OST?

27 Jan 2020, 14:03 PM

I know I've already asked but why is there no patch for OST? What are they waiting for?
Won't they want to leave her like this?
27 Jan 2020, 14:44 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2020, 14:03 PMSunTzu
I know I've already asked but why is there no patch for OST? What are they waiting for?
Won't they want to leave her like this?
Others and I already asked about a short confirmation for Ost changes in the other thread. To no avail. So there currently aren't any plans. Which is quite rubbish.
27 Jan 2020, 14:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2020, 14:44 PMButcher
Others and I already asked about a short confirmation for Ost changes in the other thread. To no avail. So there currently aren't any plans. Which is quite rubbish.

Confirms the fact that the mod team is allied+okw biased.
27 Jan 2020, 14:55 PM

Confirms the fact that the mod team is allied+okw biased.

Yeah that Tiger and Falls nerf is sooooo pro OKW

lmao
27 Jan 2020, 15:13 PM

Yeah that Tiger and Falls nerf is sooooo pro OKW

lmao

Ohhh.. Don't worry they'll manage to make OKW even more OPW.
27 Jan 2020, 15:24 PM

I wonder though. What could people want for ost anyway??? any buff even a small one would make em super OP.
27 Jan 2020, 15:28 PM

any buff even a small one would make em super OP.

Lmao
27 Jan 2020, 15:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2020, 14:44 PMButcher

OST Press F
27 Jan 2020, 15:41 PM

Lmao

Considering When I suggested giving grens the ability to put down sandbags everyone acted like it's the coming of the apocalypse, what else can i make out of it???
27 Jan 2020, 19:05 PM

Considering When I suggested giving grens the ability to put down sandbags everyone acted like it's the coming of the apocalypse, what else can i make out of it???

Very same when i suggest snare for infantry sections, LOL
27 Jan 2020, 19:10 PM

I wonder though. What could people want for ost anyway??? any buff even a small one would make em super OP.
There are many people who suggested T4 buffs, such as Brummbär getting more armor or more range (it was hit by a double nerf), Panther getting more accuracy on the move and some adjustments for the Werfer (though that was suggested by a minority).

Considering that Allies got lategame buffs through the bank and considering Ost is the lategame faction by design (small squads, no light tank) this wouldn't make them OP but is the very minimum I expect for Ostheer.
27 Jan 2020, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2020, 19:10 PMButcher
There are many people who suggested T4 buffs, such as Brummbär getting more armor or more range (it was hit by a double nerf), Panther getting more accuracy on the move and some adjustments for the Werfer (though that was suggested by a minority).

Considering that Allies got lategame buffs through the bank and considering Ost is the lategame faction by design (small squads, no light tank) this wouldn't make them OP but is the very minimum I expect for Ostheer.

Best buff is free medkits for pioneers and Grens once T4 is up, as well as a 250mp Hauptmann officer squad with 5 men with Kar98s, supervising armour repairs to boost repair speed on an individual vehicle, air recon and call in artillery.
27 Jan 2020, 19:38 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jan 2020, 19:10 PMButcher

Yes, but they do nothing. Do we want to see what they do for OST, what feedback do we give?
27 Jan 2020, 20:06 PM

It's mostly late-game scaling stuff as well as making T4 more viable (somehow).

OST simply doesn't scale well into late-game right now. Early/mid game grens are pretty good, but once late games units/vet start showing up, their high reinforcement cost makes them incredibly hard to use.

Units like the pak-howie and the scott are essentially tailor-made counters, since their main "weakness" is against moving units, but Grens with their most common upgrade (LMG42) need to stay still to be effective. Similarly, OST relies more heavily on team weapons than any other faction, which again, need to stay still to be useful. Since there seems to be an extreme resistance to nerfing those indirect-fire units, buffing OST's survivability to them (or lowering reinforce costs) would be good changes.

As for OST T4, it simply isn't viable outside of one-sided 4v4 games. There just aren't many situations where the cheaper and earlier T3 units or waiting slightly longer for call-ins aren't better choices than T4.

Need AT? Get a STUG, Pak, Schreks, P4, Ele or Tiger instead of a Panther.
Need armored AI? Get an Ostwind, P4 or Tiger instead of a brummbar.
Need arty? Get an LeFH, mortars or mortar HT instead of a PWerfer. Or use off-map.

The trouble is, i'm not sure how T4 could be 'fixed'. Buffing the panther isn't a choice, since when it does show up, it's quite powerful. Buffing the brummbar is possible, but the micro-tax (attack ground) makes it a very tedious unit to use, and the buffs required for it not to be tedious would make it OP. The Pwerfer, meanwhile, is incredibly situational; and I don't think buffs would change that.

Maybe remove BP3, and have BP2 unlock both T3 and T4 buildings? Or, as it's been suggested before, put a "bolster" clone into BP3+T4, meaning that two problems are fixed at the same time.

/edit

In my "impossible dream world", I'd rather just keep OST as it is now, and nerf everything else down to their level. The initial design (years ago) had OST as "The Benchmark", but with WFA and UKF, that 'benchmark' seems to have moved to either OKW or USF. Unfortunately, the amount of work required to make OST the benchmark again is far too high for the current level of support CoH2 is getting. It would take months of full-time work by the balance team to get it working.
27 Jan 2020, 21:15 PM

Permanently Banned
Is there seriously no Ost buffs for T4???
27 Jan 2020, 21:37 PM

Is there seriously no Ost buffs for T4???

Well, considering there's basically no OST changes in the test-patch, and any OST questions have been ignored in both this thread and the test-patch thread, I'm guessing the answer is "no".

It seems really strange to me; I'd almost guess that OST is somehow 'out of scope' this time, but that's just speculation.
27 Jan 2020, 21:58 PM

Well, considering there's basically no OST changes in the test-patch, and any OST questions have been ignored in both this thread and the test-patch thread, I'm guessing the answer is "no".

There are some changes being cooked up, but nothing definitive yet so not much to comment on right now. There aren't many straightforward buffs because of how strong Ostheer currently is in teamgames, so progress is slow because every change has to be very well thought out.
27 Jan 2020, 21:59 PM

Have you guys been around for literally any of the balance previews before this one? There are always huge changes that aren't even hinted at in the first version of the preview, which we only got 4 days ago...

For example, the Riflemen buff that many of our axis fanboys wine about. That was a huge change that was in the 2nd version of a preview and it wasn't even hinted at in the first version... Take a chill pill, we literally have unpaid volunteers working on this

We could try being grateful that they haven't given up yet...
27 Jan 2020, 22:08 PM

There are some changes being cooked up, but nothing definitive yet so not much to comment on right now.

Maus in T4 confirmed.
27 Jan 2020, 22:29 PM

There aren't many straightforward buffs because of how strong Ostheer currently is in teamgames, so progress is slow because every change has to be very well thought out.
Are we playing the same game?

You straight up buffed Soviets to the moon. But buffs for Ostheer are not intended because it could make them actually perform. The faction that is supposed to have quality lategame. This is quite frustrating.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★