Login

russian armor

COH2 winter balance mod - discussion

PAGES (44)down
21 Feb 2020, 21:44 PM

no changes to pfusis, no changes to bunkers. no changes to panther vet. vetted TDs etc. Maybe fixes 1/12 of the issues with 3v3+ currently

The meta might shift away from heavies depending on how nerfed they are. But fusi blobs will still be there. Bunker spam will still be there. god like 60 range TDs will still be there. Jaegar armor will still be god along with soviet ISU/IL2. You're changing what looks like the bare minimum in regards to teamgames.

Yeah, this patch definitely feels a bit disappointing.
21 Feb 2020, 21:45 PM

??? no change to the Pershing AOE??

i fully get the aoe nerfs on tiger and is2, but tiger also lost its vet 2 scatter as well lol. at least replace it with something else
21 Feb 2020, 21:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2020, 21:45 PMAlphrum
??? no change to the Pershing AOE??

No, it's a USF unit.

Kappa

21 Feb 2020, 21:47 PM

New is2 and tiger AI too……poor,if don't want it one shot one kill,plz reduce close range damage and increase long ranger distance
21 Feb 2020, 21:51 PM

Removing the Tank Commander from the Tiger I is a bad idea. Why should the best unit in Grand Offensive not be able to use a doctrinal ability? I really dont understand it.
If this change stays then you should be consistent and replace Tank commander from Grand Offensive.

I also dont understand why the pak howie - a unit that is clearly overperforming in teamgames- is not touched.

Good change to the Puma, though.
21 Feb 2020, 21:55 PM

Pershing should definitely not be left as is.

As for the Tiger, it’s command Tiger aura is basically useless. Since the unit is getting nerfed I think the ability should be removed and replaced with something useful, like aura buffs to nearby units.
21 Feb 2020, 21:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2020, 21:51 PMSmartie

Removing the Tank Commander from the Tiger I is a bad idea. Why should the best unit in Grand Offensive not be able to use a doctrinal ability? I really dont understand it.
If this change stays then you should be consistent and replace Tank commander from Grand Offensive.

I also dont understand why the pak howie - a unit that is clearly overperforming in teamgames- is not touched.

Good change to the Puma, though.

I understand why it was changed, because it would invalidate AT guns, but yeah I agree. If the tiger cannot use the panzer commander you might as well just replace the ability. That or they could make the arty barrage not super good but cheap and just kinda RNG meh.
21 Feb 2020, 21:57 PM

Pershing should definitely not be left as is.

As for the Tiger, it’s command Tiger aura is basically useless. Since the unit is getting nerfed I think the ability should be removed and replaced with something useful, like aura buffs to nearby units.

Agree. The Tiger aura is a meme. It never gets used.

Also I thought we all agreed tripple or quadruple nerfs are not good?

Why does the Tiger now get tank commander removed + veterancy nerfed + AOE nerfed? I constantly demanded OKW Tiger nerfs but why does it have to be THAT severe?
21 Feb 2020, 22:51 PM

Still no changes to the IR HT despite overwhelming feedback that the 1.0 version is dead on arrival? I worry that the current version will just be lazily released, making 1/3 of Battlegroup tech useless. Or some clunky untested changes will get shoved through on patch release.

SturmTiger and Command Panther still lock out the KT? Remove this limitation already, it's a relic of the call in meta that has already been addressed by tying everything to tech.

An additional quadruple nerf to the Tiger, on top of the CP nerf? What happened to the slow, gradual approach? At least make the aura a useful ability.
22 Feb 2020, 00:00 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2020, 22:51 PMSully
Still no changes to the IR HT despite overwhelming feedback that the 1.0 version is dead on arrival? I worry that the current version will just be lazily released, making 1/3 of Battlegroup tech useless. Or some clunky untested changes will get shoved through on patch release.

SturmTiger and Command Panther still lock out the KT? Remove this limitation already, it's a relic of the call in meta that has already been addressed by tying everything to tech.

An additional quadruple nerf to the Tiger, on top of the CP nerf? What happened to the slow, gradual approach? At least make the aura a useful ability.

10/10

Fully agree
22 Feb 2020, 00:08 AM

Nices changes

Airborne officer tweaks looking nice

Assault Section nerf is obiously nice Hopefully Lend Lease won't be as oppresive now.

M5 to 3 cp is weird but I think where you're going with this. No clown cars allowed.

Heavy tank changes are nice. People would actually need to use P4s for Panzer commander now.

Puma changes is super nice and we might see Mobile Defense again in the doctrine lineup.

Does the British Medic Changes apply to the USF ones as well?

Nice to see that the Croc is being pushed back to 12 cp as well. I've been advocating for this one although I think it's more akin to a Kv-2.

Good stuff :D
22 Feb 2020, 00:13 AM

Nices changes Puma changes is super nice and we might see Mobile Defense again in the doctrine lineup.

Nah, unless the Command P4 becomes a Panzer IV F2, this doctrine isn’t seeing any use. Few people will keep it around just for the Puma, unless the smoke cannisters remain and people do the techless flame HT&Pumas strat again.
22 Feb 2020, 00:23 AM

Personally dont agree with the glider changes.

I think it would be better to keep its initial cost (390mp) and after upgrading to a retreat point should then allow it to be repaired.

This allows people to still use the glider to assault positions while also can become a forward Hq. This could then be implemented into the commando regiment.

Currently this seems to push back commandos timing even further and their window is not as big as other elite infantry. Razing their initial cost for their first build and build time and still have a high reinforcement cost (35mp).

With the assault officer receiving better brens (I can understand why as they dont have ambush), bring more to the table, lower reinforcement cost and arrive far earlier the incentive to build commandos is not there.

Look, I like commandos atm even through I wish their reinforcement cost went down abit. However, out of all elite infantry they require high micro and can be countered by any stealth detecting units.
22 Feb 2020, 00:27 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Feb 2020, 22:51 PMSully

Agree,maybe should make all commander heavy not lock out with KT
22 Feb 2020, 00:41 AM

M5 to 3 cp is weird but I think where you're going with this. No clown cars allowed.

It's only a half CP nerf though, considering Platoon Command now gives half a CP.

It definitely came much earlier than the Soviet and USF M5.
22 Feb 2020, 02:21 AM

Kind of weird that the panzer commander was removed from the tiger. With the aoe nerf it's not like it's going to be chain dropping models as well so the gun can't move. And it's not like you can't get a commander on a KT.

Now we have a command tank that can't get a commander.
22 Feb 2020, 11:14 AM

1.2 BUG report
OKW tiger can't call-in
UKF upgrade HQ give 1/2 CP not work
22 Feb 2020, 11:53 AM

Ukf Officer finally have a nonsilenced sten, good detail there.
22 Feb 2020, 14:36 PM

Those heavy tank nerfs will hit Ostheer harder than the other factions.

You can play Soviets without the IS-2, you can play USA without the Pershing (+ that one isn't even affected), but you cripple yourself as Ost if you don't get the Tiger since it replaces Tier 4 entirely.

That wouldn't be so bad if there were Tier 4 buffs impending but a mere 20 armor on the Brummbär and fiddling with the tech cost isn't going to make Ost lategame viable out of the sudden.

The lategame faction will struggle way more in the upcomign patch in the lategame.

All while Brits get (deserved) straight up buffs. Meanwhile Ost can eat shit.

P. S. does this nerf also affect the Tiger Ace or just the regular Tiger?
22 Feb 2020, 14:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Feb 2020, 14:36 PMButcher
Those heavy tank nerfs will hit Ostheer harder than the other factions.

You can play Soviets without the IS-2, you can play USA without the Pershing (+ that one isn't even affected), but you cripple yourself as Ost if you don't get the Tiger since it replaces Tier 4 entirely.

That wouldn't be so bad if there were Tier 4 buffs impending but a mere 20 armor on the Brummbär and fiddling with the tech cost isn't going to make Ost lategame viable out of the sudden.

The lategame faction will struggle way more in the upcomign patch in the lategame.

All while Brits get (deserved) straight up buffs. Meanwhile Ost can eat shit.

P. S. does this nerf also affect the Tiger Ace or just the regular Tiger?

Considering they use the same gun profile, yes it will.
PAGES (44)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 14
United Kingdom 44
unknown 8
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias