Login

russian armor

Upcoming updates?

4 Jan 2020, 11:45 AM

When will they release the next updates? What changes do you think will make the factions (UFK, OST)?
4 Jan 2020, 11:51 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

None of this information is known yet. Balance team is not Relic, they do this during their free time so updates etc can often take a while.

From my experience balance team often takes a look at the forums to see what the current hot topics of the community are. So have a look around, often you'll find some of the discussed units in the next patch.
4 Jan 2020, 11:56 AM

It's pretty simple what is going to happen next. More USF buffs.

#USFneverOP
4 Jan 2020, 12:12 PM

I am wondering since years, why you don't make betas for simply balancing things. And when relic comes you have stuff...

I was also helping for some patches and I have to say, I am no fan of the work lol
4 Jan 2020, 13:28 PM

I am wondering since years, why you don't make betas for simply balancing things. And when relic comes you have stuff...

I was also helping for some patches and I have to say, I am no fan of the work lol

are 4-digit rank one-faction heroes ever a fan of any balance changes though? Unless the "own" faction gets buffed to Jupiter ofc
4 Jan 2020, 13:41 PM

are 4-digit rank one-faction heroes ever a fan of any balance changes though? Unless the "own" faction gets buffed to Jupiter ofc

I am no fan of many things, mainly the line-ups etc. what they did with commanders, that wasn't balancing, simply make things worse (since release... not only the community-team, so <444>3). The balancing is more or less ok, if you like bad fraction design. But ohh... the fraction design... and for such things they can make betas, let the community deside and testing things. Let's make CoH2-vanilla beautiful and logical again and the commander-system shouldn't be the winning-key.

There are so many modders out there and most lost interests in vanilla because of such things.
->
What I was able to see how the team works, it is more than inefficient. And the feeling is frustrating.

aerafield: Also ruhig sein, wenn man es nicht besser kann und keine Ahnung davon hat welch Potential verschwendet wird. Ich schreibe hier nur, weil ich noch Hoffnung sehe und schon viel für CoH2 gemoddet hab (auch Dinge, welche in Patches released wurden).
4 Jan 2020, 14:00 PM

I am no fan of many things, mainly the line-ups etc. what they did with commanders, that wasn't balancing, simply make things worse (since release... not only the community-team, so <444>3). The balancing is more or less ok, if you like bad fraction design. But ohh... the fraction design... and for such things they can make betas, let the community deside and testing things. Let's make CoH2-vanilla beautiful and logical again and the commander-system shouldn't be the winning-key.

There are so many modders out there and most lost interests in vanilla because of such things.
->
What I was able to see how the team works, it is more than inefficient. And the feeling is frustrating.

You aren't going to find many people agreeing with you on this, unless its the people of ranks so low, the balance never even started to matter for them.
4 Jan 2020, 15:11 PM

What about the lategame faction getting a lategame? Ost T4 buff is pretty inevitable.
4 Jan 2020, 17:28 PM

You aren't going to find many people agreeing with you on this, unless its the people of ranks so low, the balance never even started to matter for them.

Balancing team was trieing to make best of the broken fraction-designs, sometimes with more radical changes (like OKW and US). By last changes for Ost it was a loud shout for change.

It all starded with the stupid idea to move HMG42 into t0 instead of buffing grens.
4 Jan 2020, 18:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Balancing team was trieing to make best of the broken fraction-designs, sometimes with more radical changes (like OKW and US). By last changes for Ost it was a loud shout for change.

It all starded with the stupid idea to move HMG42 into t0 instead of buffing grens.

It all started when they released USF and OKW. OH was not prepared to deal with Rifles with only Grens and Grens were fine against Cons early on. Post rework Volks were not fine against anything and the same could be said about UKF release with IS.

Buffing grens would had achieved nothing and instead cutting down on way more strategies and viability of units. If we see Assault Grens, Pios and PGs been used is because the MG42 tied them all together.
4 Jan 2020, 19:11 PM

It all started when they released USF and OKW. OH was not prepared to deal with Rifles with only Grens and Grens were fine against Cons early on. Post rework Volks were not fine against anything and the same could be said about UKF release with IS.

Buffing grens would had achieved nothing and instead cutting down on way more strategies and viability of units. If we see Assault Grens, Pios and PGs been used is because the MG42 tied them all together.

Uf... the long story of Assaultgrens. I remember a time Pios were more cost-effective and were good in combat. :P

But yes, I see the glue of HMG42, but I think it was a fail to desigh it that way.
4 Jan 2020, 19:34 PM

The only faction broken design-wise is UKF as its a faction that's crippled by default and extremely reliant on OP gimmicks and now that all of these gimmicks were removed, you just have a cripple on the floor.

Ost for example, 251 was buffed through the roof, providing everything you need, LOS, reinforcement, healing to never have to go off the field with infantry, unless its panic retreat after nade/mortar hit, yet I see only top players using it somewhat often - why so many ost players think gren blob is viable? Because of hardcoded noobism.

All other factions except UKF at this point, its hard L2P issue.
4 Jan 2020, 21:10 PM

The only faction broken design-wise is UKF as its a faction that's crippled by default and extremely reliant on OP gimmicks and now that all of these gimmicks were removed, you just have a cripple on the floor.

Ost for example, 251 was buffed through the roof, providing everything you need, LOS, reinforcement, healing to never have to go off the field with infantry, unless its panic retreat after nade/mortar hit, yet I see only top players using it somewhat often - why so many ost players think gren blob is viable? Because of hardcoded noobism.

All other factions except UKF at this point, its hard L2P issue.

That is true, the 251 is now a very useful vehicle, that was a very good change. And yes, Gren blobbs are a thing, but not an elegant and way not as potential as other no-brainer.

But still, the fraction is so fixed on their support weapons which often can't deal with the map-design, and most new maps are horror for PaKs. Here the problem of no early tank comes in.

I am looking for something like non-doc StuG E, making tech fluent and fill a missing unit to give some resistance versus mortars. Something also be easy to be counterd.

One of my main critics are the line-up and the commander-system, mainly of Ostheer. Because I think if some commander-abilities would become non-doc it would become more fluent while beeing balanced.

And there are some abilies would better be non-doc or some mechanics extra.

- shock-nade non-doc for Grens (and Stormtroupes) improving them on urban maps and gives option to protect support weapons while not beeing to potential. Let them be Grenadiers.
- remove the german scope as ability, instead give 222 a timed view ability instead of inf-detection.
- kind of siege-mode for StuG G to get 60 range, slow rotation (in hulldown will be deacitvaed and stet so standard)
- overworking Osttruppen, but that is a big thing... ^^

And I would like to make the passive-unlocking system of Ostheer be more clear. e.g. Faust is locked behind T1 building. I would like to see more like that. That would open a more felxible tech.
9 Jan 2020, 12:09 PM

None of this information is known yet. Balance team is not Relic, they do this during their free time so updates etc can often take a while.

From my experience balance team often takes a look at the forums to see what the current hot topics of the community are. So have a look around, often you'll find some of the discussed units in the next patch.

will anything come out for January?can you link me some discussion that talks about the possible balances? thank you
9 Jan 2020, 14:08 PM

Japanese faction
9 Jan 2020, 14:16 PM

Japanese faction

I'm not sure if at this point its just delusions or trolling.
9 Jan 2020, 14:59 PM

It's pretty simple what is going to happen next. More USF buffs.

#USFneverOP
Correction USF and OKW buffs.
10 Jan 2020, 18:33 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2020, 12:09 PMSunTzu

will anything come out for January?can you link me some discussion that talks about the possible balances? thank you

Unfortunately I don't know, so I can not tell you something. Sander93 might be able to give more insight, I often miss some stuff as well.
One thing that is more or less confirmed is a rebalance of heavy tank timing which got a bit messed up after the last patch and caused the "heavy only" meta that we currently have.

Otherwise I can only send you to the forums. OST T4 was a pretty hot discussion topic where people agreed that something should be done about it. There's a vivid Panzerwerfer discussion, Ranger vs Paratrooper, SOV field HQ... It's not obvious what will be taken into account by balance team, they also have to fit their scope and be able to do it in their free time. Also Relic does not allow drastic changes anymore, so most things will be stat changes, abilities and/or upgrades etc.
10 Jan 2020, 20:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post9 Jan 2020, 12:09 PMSunTzu

[...]rebalance of heavy tank timing

[...]OST T4 was a pretty hot discussion topic [...]There's a vivid Panzerwerfer discussion, Ranger vs Paratrooper, SOV field HQ...

[...]Also Relic does not allow drastic changes anymore, so most things will be stat changes, abilities and/or upgrades etc.

Yea, in general, just look for the large discussion topics (that actual have discussion/debate, not just "L2P OP"). I'd guess that, in order of probability, we'll get:

• Heavy tank call-in re-balance
  • OST T4 buffs
  • Sov 7-man Cons nerfs
  • LV adjustments (probably T70 down, AEC/222 up)
  • Commander adjustments (OKW GO nerfs, especially)
  • UKF adjustments (no idea on specifics)
  • Minor +/- 10% tweaks to units

As for "Relic does not allow drastic changes anymore", that might be for the best. Long-term support for CoH2 isn't exactly guaranteed, so I don't think anyone wants the possibility on leaving the game on an unfinished "rework patch". That, and at least IMO, the "drastic change" patches (i.e. 5+ nerfs/buffs to individual units in one patch) have been very 'hit-or-miss', requiring several hot-fixes. I'd much rather they make minor, but heavily calculated and considered changes in the hopes of gradually fixing issues; that approach reduces the possibility of 'massively OP/UP' units from appearing.
10 Jan 2020, 22:09 PM

broken fraction-designs

I'm sorry to go off topic but the word you seek is 'faction'. Easy mistake to make.

On topic: I'd like to see them focus on the UKF for the next patch, at present they are just so boring to play as.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★