Login

russian armor

Could armor used as green cover?

30 Dec 2019, 06:53 AM

I found, that when USF crew abandon their vehicle, it give green cover. But could the same trick work with live vehicle too? It will be good if you could use your vehicle as cover for your troops or for blocking sight for MG.
30 Dec 2019, 08:53 AM

It can be done - while alive, tanks do give green cover for infanrty, even on the move. But you should use handbreak almost all time to ensure their stability.
However, tanks are too fast for a regular footman to keep up, so there not much about it.
30 Dec 2019, 09:20 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

As RollingStone said: they already guve green cover.
But the game is rather fast paced, so it usually makes no sense to park you tank somewhere in front of the enemy only to give one squad cover, so it is never used.
30 Dec 2019, 09:54 AM

Tanks already give green cover and it could theoretically be useful to use it but the problem is you don't want an infantry squad clumped up next to a tank due to the chance of getting wiped from things shooting at the tank and accidantally hitting your infantry too.
30 Dec 2019, 11:51 AM

Vehicles act as green cover. It's very clumsy though. I only remember using it a grand total of once in automatch. It was useful. But usually it isn't, because you won't have vehicles stationary long enough for infantry to use them as cover. And the slightest movement makes all the models of the squad run around.

It would've been great if vehicles could block enemy small arms fire and create an entire mobile cover "aura" behind them for infantry to stay in during assaults, but I guess that's something for a CoH3 if there ever is one.
30 Dec 2019, 12:02 PM

It would've been great if vehicles could block enemy small arms fire and create an entire mobile cover "aura" behind them for infantry to stay in during assaults, but I guess that's something for a CoH3 if there ever is one.

With how terribly attack ground handles map elevation, I think making small arms collide with objects would lead to huge issues. Definitely CoH 3 if it's to ever happen.
30 Dec 2019, 12:25 PM

Vehicles act as green cover. It's very clumsy though. I only remember using it a grand total of once in automatch. It was useful. But usually it isn't, because you won't have vehicles stationary long enough for infantry to use them as cover. And the slightest movement makes all the models of the squad run around.

An equivalent is rather easy and I have suggested many times for the Churchill smoke.

Churchill has little reason to have defensive smoke but lot of reason to have smoke that provides bonuses to infatry. Now if one replaced the smoke with one commandos grenade gets Churchill could act as infatry support tank.
30 Dec 2019, 14:44 PM

The sides of the vehicles can be used for cover very efficiently. But for some reason the cover works really bad when it comes to the rear ends of tanks.

It would really bring the tactical flavour of combined arms to next level if it were to be fixed.
30 Dec 2019, 15:26 PM

Using vehicles as cover in a game as fast paced as this one would be pointless.

If there are vehicles in the field, AT units are available, and AT guns splash damage can kill models if close to a vehicle.

Also, tanks are really valuable. They can't just sit around to act as cover for infantry while their counter units just rush to position.

The defensive aura already exists in the form of the command panzer.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 69
Germany 18

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment