Login

russian armor

Stats from the WCS 2019 2.0 - Siphon X version

21 Dec 2019, 19:44 PM

I disagree I think it's interesting to look at and talk about. But jumping right in and using it to support your balance claim is not at all what it's for imo

This is one single 1v1 tournament that didn't include all maps in a game that can go up to 4 players per side and has different maps for each game-mode. I really don't see how you can take that and apply it to the entire game

1) That is why I used the term indication and not proof
2) This how science works, one looks at the stats one has and comes up with theories then chooses the one that fits the stats better.

Unless someone comes up with better theory about why PF where not used that much when they where available I am keeping mine.
21 Dec 2019, 20:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Dec 2019, 19:44 PMVipper

1) That is why I used the term indication and not proof
2) This how science works, one looks at the stats one has and comes up with theories then chooses the one that fits the stats better.

Unless someone comes up with better theory about why PF where not used that much when they where available I am keeping mine.

Science also tells us the importance of sample size

I would say they were built less just because they aren't as good early on and OKWs opening "recently" received several nerfs
22 Dec 2019, 09:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 20:00 PMButcher
Well, when my Ost win rate magically halfs since the last patch (and I used to be 2v2 top 10 every now and then) and I see a win rate of roughly a third of the Ost games played in the tournament it prooves enough for me.

Problem is simply that Soviet heavies and large weapon crews can not be countered by German T4. The artillery is inadequate and the tanks are mediocre. Brummbär was nerfed too hard because it isn't allowed to coutner AT guns (while KV-8s, ISUs etc. are allowed to). The infantry is worse since it's 4 men. So you have the short stick in almost every relevant regard with Ostheer.

Same thing happened to me.
Low level player here.
But my 2v2 ranks definitely see a drop from, within top 1000 to outside 1000.

Wehr is definitely having a short end stick for all bands of players.

Despite i have studyed more top level replays and competitions.

My 4v4 games are much better though thanks to the studies
22 Dec 2019, 10:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Dec 2019, 20:00 PMButcher
Well, when my Ost win rate magically halfs since the last patch (and I used to be 2v2 top 10 every now and then) and I see a win rate of roughly a third of the Ost games played in the tournament it prooves enough for me.

And my Ostheer rank went from 8 to 3 and I still have a steady 77% win ratio since the last patch. Subjective experiences or incredibly low sample sizes mean nothing.

If there would be automatch stats showing a significant drop or gap in WR over (tens of) thousands of games, then we'd have actual proof that something's up with Ostheer. But barely 56 tournament games and some peoples' personal ranks do not prove anything. Those "stats" are highly unreliable.
22 Dec 2019, 10:25 AM

And my Ostheer rank went from 8 to 3 and I still have a steady 77% win ratio since the last patch. Subjective experiences or incredibly low sample sizes mean nothing.

Though as IIRC you were a 3v3 player where OST T4 panther delay is doable.
22 Dec 2019, 18:19 PM

4v4 resoruces, encourage me to take more risk.

In 2v2, besides costly teching to T4, i try not to stay too long when chasing in with panther.

In 4v4, i can wait for 2 shots off the panther, and my team mates support to follow up. Double micro panthers, 4 shots, bam 640Hp gone. Working as intended for their costs and the added micro required.

It is why my 2v2, killing 60TD is not as easy as by looking at their plain stats.

A double teamed 60TD meanwhile, with their range advantage works as much for 2v2 as well as 4v4. Being more oppressive at 2v2 from smaller resources and map sizes. 4 concentrated snipe shots from 60Tds, bam 640Hp gone.

And this is at vet0.
At higher vet, 60Td gap widens in greater values
22 Dec 2019, 18:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2019, 10:25 AMJilet

Though as IIRC you were a 3v3 player where OST T4 panther delay is doable.

All of which has nothing to do with his point that the there isn't any conclusions that can be made from the tournament data. Most of the comments on this thread have been from people who have their preconceived ideas, grab a piece of data and then claim the piece of data proves their theory. If I felt like trolling, I'd point out that the four finalists won 86% of their games as OST, and since 86%>>50%, OST needs immediate nerfs.
22 Dec 2019, 18:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2019, 18:22 PMGrumpy

All of which has nothing to do with his point that the there isn't any conclusions that can be made from the tournament data. Most of the comments on this thread have been from people who have their preconceived ideas, grab a piece of data and then claim the piece of data proves their theory. If I felt like trolling, I'd point out that the four finalists won 86% of their games as OST, and since 86%>>50%, OST needs immediate nerfs.

My god...talk about tucking at strings...
22 Dec 2019, 19:49 PM

If there would be automatch stats showing a significant drop or gap in WR over (tens of) thousands of games, then we'd have actual proof that something's up with Ostheer. But barely 56 tournament games and some peoples' personal ranks do not prove anything. Those "stats" are highly unreliable.

Respectfully, but your argument is the one that is unreliable. What is true in 3v3 and 4v4 is not true in 1v1 and 2v2.

22 Dec 2019, 23:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Dec 2019, 19:49 PMFarlion

Respectfully, but your argument is the one that is unreliable. What is true in 3v3 and 4v4 is not true in 1v1 and 2v2.

You missed his point. The point was that you cannot conclude too much from a single tournament, because factors like personal play style and unit preference of the top players scew this data so much that the actual meta might be hidden. The first part was a mock example of that since people here argue from their own personal stats

By the way: if you rank down with a faction, which was used as an srgument here, you play worse than before compared to other players playing the same faction since your rank is tracked for each faction individually. So this type of argument is absolute bullshit.

Look at VonIvans games for example:if he survived for longer in the tourney we could have seen that there is a strange double dodge truck meta on USF because so many of them were build. What it does mot tell you is that there was only one player using this strat, and even now this part looks weird in the analysis.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★