Login

russian armor

wehrmacht buff opinions

13 Dec 2019, 20:26 PM

Another idea I was thinking to counter Allies LV is to give Puma as a non-doctrinal unit to Wher. I know one commander will need to change but this will greatly help with 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 games as well where T-70 is rampant!
I rather have the ostwinds cost be lowered to 90 fuel again. It gives good axis early game plays a chance to punish light vehicles but still be vunerable mediums. The problem was the osrwind rush to OP 15min Tiger Ace witch isn't a thing now.
13 Dec 2019, 20:34 PM

A crazy idea, if the balance team decides to change the werfer, is to make it like the CoH1 nebelwerfer in terms of rate of fire and damage, so that it can keep barraging continuously but slowly.

No idea if it would work, but if thy change the panzerwerfer this could be a possible avenue.
13 Dec 2019, 21:00 PM

A crazy idea, if the balance team decides to change the werfer, is to make it like the CoH1 nebelwerfer in terms of rate of fire and damage, so that it can keep barraging continuously but slowly.

No idea if it would work, but if thy change the panzerwerfer this could be a possible avenue.

That, or call it something like "saturation barrage" and make it a vet 2 ability, similar to OKW's vet 4 flame-barrage on the W-stuka.
13 Dec 2019, 21:16 PM

For early game OST is definently fine. Late game problems occur once TDs overpower the OST T3 (which is the obvious choice since T4 is suicidal other than team games) and once vet up allied infantry start overpowering and overrunning the HMG42.

I am actually thinking like Vipper on that one (OST doesn't need buffs but others need nerfs) but since that is not looking like it will be done IMO Grens could see some more love DPS or survivability (regarding late game only) and a much needed anti TD something.
13 Dec 2019, 23:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

thanks again. I guess just because someone talks like he knows something does not make it true ;-)

TBH, that's common knowledge for 95% of the playerbase as this was the mantra which was repeated for 5 years.

I've just tested it out a couple of months before.
14 Dec 2019, 07:09 AM

maybe its because I am currently playing brits but I don't think ost needs a buff perhaps soviets and OKW need some nerfs ?
14 Dec 2019, 09:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Dec 2019, 07:09 AMkafrion
maybe its because I am currently playing brits but I don't think ost needs a buff perhaps soviets and OKW need some nerfs ?

OKW certainly dont need any more nerfs (ok, Fallls should lose faust) because the faction was nerfed hard enough in the last years while Soviets never got the same treatment like the other factions. If some soviet units would be toned down than wehr doesnt need major buffs although t4 certainly needs some love.
14 Dec 2019, 11:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 21:16 PMJilet
For early game OST is definently fine. Late game problems occur once TDs overpower the OST T3 (which is the obvious choice since T4 is suicidal other than team games) and once vet up allied infantry start overpowering and overrunning the HMG42.

I am actually thinking like Vipper on that one (OST doesn't need buffs but others need nerfs) but since that is not looking like it will be done IMO Grens could see some more love DPS or survivability (regarding late game only) and a much needed anti TD something.

The puma could be added in T3.
Reduce fuel costs for phase 2 and for T3 & T4.
Improve the Brummbar and Panzerwerfer 42.
Move the veteran from 3 to 2 for the grenadiers.
Reduce the costs of the Panzergrenadiers (300).
15 Dec 2019, 13:09 PM

Smaller changes, I would think would make Ost a little bit smoother.

x means no changes; ** changes

T0:
-x mp Pios
-**210mp HMG34 instead of HMG42 (becomes a T2 weapon)
-x mp Grenadiere (T2tech) **non-doc stun-grenade

T1:
- x mp Grenadiere
- x mp Scharfschütze
- x mp Mörser

T2:
- x mp x fuel 222
- x mp x fuel 251
- x mp PaK40
-**StuG E (T3tech) complete overwork, maingun like Commando-P4 (range down to 45) bunkerburst (80range 6shots with quick refresh) with T4 heat-rounds (no AI but Pen of Bazooka)

T3:
- x mp x fuel StuG G (**ability to become staionary, 60range)
- x mp x fuel Panzer 4
- x mp x fuel Ostwind (AA-mode, gets range like in hull-down)

T4:
- x mp x fuel Panther
- x mp x fuel Brummbär
- x mp x fuel Panzerwerfer (maybe slower fire rate, but more AT)

Fraction changes:
- Kommandopanzer 4 becomes a long-barrel, arrives with scirts. Aura removed, becomes an ability like OKW-Kommandotiger.
- Hull-down removed, replaces with trenches.
- StuG E no-doc, replaced with leIG18 or a fire-grenade for normal moratrs.
- Stun-Grenades replaces with smoke-grenade or OKW smoke.

Some commander abilities also need some overwork.
15 Dec 2019, 19:24 PM

Another idea I was thinking to counter Allies LV is to give Puma as a non-doctrinal unit to Wher. I know one commander will need to change but this will greatly help with 3 v 3 and 4 v 4 games as well where T-70 is rampant!

This probably would've increased the number of players playing OST in the last tournament. The problem is what tier, because I'll bet that a lot of the Axis players would want it in Tier 2 which seems too early.

Also, if the balance team was going to do something like this, they ought to consider how they would give UKF more stock units, and maybe eliminating some of the either/or choices.
15 Dec 2019, 20:46 PM

Move most of the cost of Battle phase 2 to battle phase 3
Make Panzer 4 and Ostwind require battle phase 3
Make T4 cost 50 fuel

Add short P4 to T3. More of the same units in different factions isn’t interesting.

Idk this is what I’d do
15 Dec 2019, 20:55 PM

Just let sweeper Pioneers upgrade to a single Panzershrek for 60 munitions.
15 Dec 2019, 20:57 PM

Once more nerf okw/Soviets and allied TDs and things will become allot better.
15 Dec 2019, 21:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Dec 2019, 20:57 PMVipper
Once more nerf okw/Soviets and allied TDs and things will become allot better.

I'd rather see some buffs to the Axis mobile elements like the Panter so they can't go Ez Mode frontal assault with tigers every single game.
16 Dec 2019, 15:35 PM

I'd rather see some buffs to the Axis mobile elements like the Panter so they can't go Ez Mode frontal assault with tigers every single game.

The problem are the tank-hunters of other fraction making the overkill to Ostheer. No buff to Panther really needed. Only Jackson and Firefly need some nerf, I could even see some AT-gun nerfes here and there. (less reload or acc.) Or some more health for P4, so it can be hit 5 times.
17 Dec 2019, 04:30 AM

Maybe StuG range increase to 55 also cost increased to 100 fuel. (i hate seeing 100, 90 ,120 it'll all symmetrical then)
17 Dec 2019, 10:48 AM

The problem are the tank-hunters of other fraction making the overkill to Ostheer. No buff to Panther really needed. Only Jackson and Firefly need some nerf, I could even see some AT-gun nerfes here and there. (less reload or acc.) Or some more health for P4, so it can be hit 5 times.

T34\85????
17 Dec 2019, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Dec 2019, 10:48 AMSunTzu

T34\85????

Why t34/85?
17 Dec 2019, 18:49 PM

Permanently Banned
I agree with the earlier suggestion of a spread out shot for werfer vet1, perhaps something along the lines of creeping barrage? It's useless on the katy but werfer would love something like that. Counterbarrage is literally useless on the werfer, it's decent on the LeFH and just barely useable on the mortar.

And it's good to see that nearly everyone agrees with my post a few months back that Brum is overnerfed. When I claimed Brum overnerfed a few mths back, some members like Justin XV got so triggered they wanted me banned. Now everyone has voted with their build orders for a few months to exclude the Brum to prove that I WWWWWAS RRRRIGHT!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★