Login

russian armor

wehrmacht buff opinions

12 Dec 2019, 11:40 AM

Hi in the old post I realized that OST needs a buff and many agree (just play the Soviets to understand).
In your opinion, what are the main problems of OST?
What are the buffs that OST needs?
12 Dec 2019, 11:47 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 11:40 AMSunTzu

4 digit rank players who can't even name all the stock units with micro extend of a-move complaining about balance.
12 Dec 2019, 11:52 AM

The ostheer do not need buffs, the other factions need nerfs.
12 Dec 2019, 12:06 PM
Donator 11

Reduce pio cost. , pio reinforce cost and build time to give a slight manpower and repair boost to the faction
12 Dec 2019, 12:19 PM

Ostheer’s main weakness is the LV phase. I think some kind of AT package for Pioneers would be a very positive change, something locked out by flamethrowers but not mine sweepers. Perhaps they could carry nerfed (with lower accuracy, pen, damage) panzeshreks or stolen PTRS rifles.
12 Dec 2019, 12:25 PM

Ostheer’s main weakness is the LV phase. I think some kind of AT package for Pioneers would be a very positive change, something locked out by flamethrowers but not mine sweepers. Perhaps they could carry nerfed (with lower accuracy, pen, damage) panzeshreks or stolen PTRS rifles.

Just 1 PTRS would do (the 1 the PanzerGrenz use in the ToW missions)?
1 Panzershreck would look alot like the Sturmpio upgrade and that upgrade locks out the sweeper and repair boost.
12 Dec 2019, 12:47 PM

I would rather have the 221 back as a soft counter to car and 222 of higher power level.
12 Dec 2019, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 12:47 PMVipper

I would rather have the 221 back as a soft counter to car and 222 of higher power level.

The 222 has the same gun as the Luchs, so there’s no way they’ll make it a LV counter.
12 Dec 2019, 12:57 PM

The 222 has the same gun as the Luchs, so there’s no way they’ll make it a LV counter.

The 222 uses a completely different gun than Luch in game, with completely different properties and mechanisms.

And increase the power level of the 222 should focus more on the durability of the vehicle and not its DPS. It should serve as a very soft counter not a hard counter.

The idea is to make ostheer less vulnerable to LVs not to make them dominate LV play.

12 Dec 2019, 14:11 PM

fix tier 4 , fix Faust bugs , maybe change the 222 back to 221 and make the upgrade have more AT power and hp
12 Dec 2019, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 11:47 AMKatitof

4 digit rank players who can't even name all the stock units with micro extend of a-move complaining about balance.

People who don't play the game but still post about balance.
12 Dec 2019, 15:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 15:00 PMFarlion

People who don't play the game but still post about balance.

Or people who literally play only one faction but think they can talk about the factions they never played...

Hi in the old post I realized that OST needs a buff and many agree (just play the Soviets to understand).

This has been discussed many times, another thread isn't necessary...
Ostheer needs solid grenadiers, better tools to hold itself during the LVs phase, and an improved panzer 4.
12 Dec 2019, 15:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 15:41 PMCresc
and an improved panzer 4.

Not an improved P4, just a TD with 60 range (maybe the stug3?).
12 Dec 2019, 15:51 PM

Ostheer needs solid grenadiers,

No, other infantries need be toned down

better tools to hold itself during the LVs phase,

No, LV need to have less shock value

and an improved panzer 4.

No, TD simply need to be less effective (accurate/ROF) at max range

Buffing faction after faction needs to stop, units need to nerfed not buffed.
12 Dec 2019, 15:53 PM

Or people who literally play only one faction but think they can talk about the factions they never played...

Ostheer needs solid grenadiers, better tools to hold itself during the LVs phase, and an improved panzer 4.

I agree, but I'm not sure why you quoted me. I'm currently ranked with 3 factions.
12 Dec 2019, 17:29 PM

If you don't mind, can you leave me the link?
12 Dec 2019, 18:10 PM

I say buff in 222 armor.
12 Dec 2019, 19:40 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

-221 reintroduced as a sniper/light car counter (M3, Dodge, UC) and the upgrade to 222 been a mp + fuel based one instead of munition.
222 upgrade reduces AI (Puma levels) and gives it AT capabilities to soft counter light tanks. HP increased to 400.

A unit which you can transition to when you don't want to get steamrolled with light vehicles. It will never counter them 1v1 but you certainly can't ignore if you get fausted or if 2 of them are in the vicinity.

-Stug/PV veterancy buff/adjustments.

Stug:
-Swap vet 3 with vet 2
-As long as it requires a forced reload, increase TWP damage to 160
-Give it a 10% acc buff at vet 2 and 18% at vet3 to mimic all other TDs which gain 30% acc on vet.
-Optional: remove 10% reload at vet 3 and make the defensive buff increase HP to 640 from 560. It will still die to 4 shots from most sources and will only increase survivability against 200dmg sources (FF and AP Jackson).

PV:
-Give it a 10% acc buff at vet2 and 18% at vet3 to mimic all other TDs which gain 30% acc on vet.
12 Dec 2019, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 15:51 PMVipper

No, other infantries need be toned down

No, LV need to have less shock value

No, TD simply need to be less effective (accurate/ROF) at max range

Buffing faction after faction needs to stop, units need to nerfed not buffed.

What you seem to not understand or ignore, you and many others, is that the LVs you see right now ARE ALREADY TONED DOWN, and these nerfs have hit them through several patches, not just one, except for the t70, that only had its recon ability nerfed after they already adjusted it's firepower.

And people still complain, again and again.
Ostheer used to dominate the LVs game once, that's why today it doesn't have anything that used to be abused in every match you saw.
The infamous puma+flametrack for instance has been rendered unviable for a reason, despite the countless complaints about puma being useless(although true).

You tone down the other LVs until what? Why not just remove them entirely? If that's a good option I'm all for it, but knowing Relic I doubt they will agree to remove any units for the sake of variety as they love to say in patch notes.

Stug buffs are debatable, but the panzer 4 is not on par with the rest of the other medium tanks, that work as intended, if you think the other med tanks need to be toned down, can you clarify which ones and what needs to be nerfed?
Don't you think it would be easier to simply make the panzer 4 a good equivalent instead of creating another balance mess by toning down every other tank?

Also, last patch had nothing but buffs for ostheer that's all the irony.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 17:29 PMSunTzu

If you don't mind, can you leave me the link?

It's not only one thread, these discussions are everywhere, the balance team is aware of Ostheer struggles.
Most feedbacks are too biased or plain wrong though, the problem is that since the average player heard a few professionals say that ostheer might be the weakest, they keep blaming every loss on the faction and point out stuff that don't need to be adjusted.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★