Login

russian armor

wehrmacht buff opinions

12 Dec 2019, 21:21 PM

-221 reintroduced as a sniper/light car counter (M3, Dodge, UC) and the upgrade to 222 been a mp + fuel based one instead of munition.
222 upgrade reduces AI (Puma levels) and gives it AT capabilities to soft counter light tanks. HP increased to 400.

A unit which you can transition to when you don't want to get steamrolled with light vehicles. It will never counter them 1v1 but you certainly can't ignore if you get fausted or if 2 of them are in the vicinity.

-Stug/PV veterancy buff/adjustments.

Stug:
-Swap vet 3 with vet 2
-As long as it requires a forced reload, increase TWP damage to 160
-Give it a 10% acc buff at vet 2 and 18% at vet3 to mimic all other TDs which gain 30% acc on vet.
-Optional: remove 10% reload at vet 3 and make the defensive buff increase HP to 640 from 560. It will still die to 4 shots from most sources and will only increase survivability against 200dmg sources (FF and AP Jackson).

PV:
-Give it a 10% acc buff at vet2 and 18% at vet3 to mimic all other TDs which gain 30% acc on vet.
don't forget to fix faust bug, it still happens a lot and it costs games
12 Dec 2019, 21:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

don't forget to fix faust bug, it still happens a lot and it costs games

Balance changes =/= Bugfixes =/= QOL

Specially the last point, it would be great if people understood the differences.
12 Dec 2019, 21:52 PM

yes but when a bug is so impact full it becomes almost the same as a buff when fixed , right now we got faust bug even in tournament leading to missed kill or multiple wipes , and this bug it's old too
12 Dec 2019, 21:59 PM

Replace most Germany Panzer Vet2 armor buff to less armor and less HP.....
Ost are fine,but rework some commander ability make more commander can be use in 1v1
And NERF Soviet 7 men Consript.....
13 Dec 2019, 00:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 20:24 PMCresc

What you seem to not understand or ignore,...

And what you do not seem to understand or ignore is that it does not matter how many times the stat of unit has changed. A unit can still remain UP or OP regardless of the time it has been changed.

Can we skip the personal comment now?

Stug buffs are debatable, but the panzer 4 is not on par with the rest of the other medium tanks, that work as intended, if you think the other med tanks need to be toned down, can you clarify which ones and what needs to be nerfed?

Read more carefully

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 15:51 PMVipper

No, TD simply need to be less effective (accurate/ROF) at max range
13 Dec 2019, 01:44 AM

60td easily tilt 2v2 late games into allies favour.
Very frustrating when double teamed 60td snipe wipe a p4 in a volley.

1click super sight sense kill from su85 or the 1click jackson scud ap missles.
13 Dec 2019, 02:58 AM

Permanently Banned
I'm gonna say that Ost struggles most late game due to a underpowered T4. I made a post a few months back about the Brum being overnerfed. And from seeing the build popularity of the Brum go down the toilet, I'd say that I'm completely right. Some people cried that Brum killed a single unsupported AT gun (not using vet 1 barrage) and said At gUnS aRe sUppOSeD tO cOunTEr aRmOR. Meanwhile there are many videos of KV8 burning 2 at gun crews with ease. Partially revert the nerfs to the Brum. Werfer needs a shorter cooldown. It's inferior to the katy since u need to do a minimum range barrage to be effective. Otherwise at max range, katy is far superior.
13 Dec 2019, 03:12 AM

Further more i believe katy can be rushed out earlier. Im ok with pwafer current performance, but it comes too late as wehr also lacks arty to clear allies weapon teams. Very bad in 2v2 especially against usf. Pwafer is no where superior than katy to deserve it higher cost.

Brumbar range nerf is unjustified. Period.

And people wonder why top games go straight to tiger. Because it does AI + AT cheaper than t4 and more durable than t3 against op 60td
13 Dec 2019, 05:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 03:12 AMmrgame2
Further more i believe katy can be rushed out earlier. Im ok with pwafer current performance, but it comes too late as wehr also lacks arty to clear allies weapon teams. Very bad in 2v2 especially against usf. Pwafer is no where superior than katy to deserve it higher cost.

Brumbar range nerf is unjustified. Period.

And people wonder why top games go straight to tiger. Because it does AI + AT cheaper than t4 and more durable than t3 against op 60td

Axis have plenty arty to wipe team weapons. Mortar leig stuka zu fub pwerfer. Doc mortar halftrack. But hey pretend they dont excist.

Also look at the armour gap from 160 for allies and 260/300 for axis in the stock roster, it warrants current td,s for allies. The okw with non doc superheavy is soley to blame for current td,s.

I agree with incindiary rounds that brum should defenitly be a threat to a single at gun. But not from long range.
Katy being better i dont not agree with. It wipes jack when fired at long range. Its spread is huge then. Just like pwerfer its needs to be closer to do anything.
13 Dec 2019, 07:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Dec 2019, 11:52 AMVipper

The ostheer do not need buffs, the other factions need nerfs.

But if every faction is OP maybe we can all stop crying.
13 Dec 2019, 07:48 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 01:44 AMmrgame2

If you don't have enough skill to deal with them, build ele.
13 Dec 2019, 11:38 AM

What you seem to not understand or ignore, you and many others, is that the LVs you see right now ARE ALREADY TONED DOWN, and these nerfs have hit them through several patches, not just one, except for the t70, that only had its recon ability nerfed after they already adjusted it's firepower.

And people still complain, again and again.
Ostheer used to dominate the LVs game once, that's why today it doesn't have anything that used to be abused in every match you saw.
The infamous puma+flametrack for instance has been rendered unviable for a reason, despite the countless complaints about puma being useless(although true).

You tone down the other LVs until what? Why not just remove them entirely? If that's a good option I'm all for it, but knowing Relic I doubt they will agree to remove any units for the sake of variety as they love to say in patch notes.

Stug buffs are debatable, but the panzer 4 is not on par with the rest of the other medium tanks, that work as intended, if you think the other med tanks need to be toned down, can you clarify which ones and what needs to be nerfed?
Don't you think it would be easier to simply make the panzer 4 a good equivalent instead of creating another balance mess by toning down every other tank?

Also, last patch had nothing but buffs for ostheer that's all the irony.

It's not only one thread, these discussions are everywhere, the balance team is aware of Ostheer struggles.
Most feedbacks are too biased or plain wrong though, the problem is that since the average player heard a few professionals say that ostheer might be the weakest, they keep blaming every loss on the faction and point out stuff that don't need to be adjusted.

I agree, but it is enough to play a couple of games with the Soviets to understand that they are slightly stronger than the OST. I am not an expert on the game, but I sincerely hope that a little buff will do it very soon.
13 Dec 2019, 11:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 11:38 AMSunTzu

I agree, but it is enough to play a couple of games with the Soviets to understand that they are slightly stronger than the OST. I am not an expert on the game, but I sincerely hope that a little buff will do it very soon.

Or we can make sure just charging into units in heavy cover don't work. Too many cqc squads in this game can charge long range infantry in green cover and win (even from long range with full vision). They don't often even need vet to this too. This hurts Ost a lot cus not only they have core infantry that at late game can't do anything to these cqc squads + all mg's are useless when vet is involvet + ost core infantry is only 4 men so easy wipe. Vet3 ass grens(0.6 RA), Shocks(1.5 Armor + 0.833 RA), rangers(0.545 RA) are way to tanky late game but allied core (riflemen/section/con/penal) and okw core(volks and pfusil) have enough models to escape and not get wiped (unless you get flanked but that's good play on the opponents part). So stopping this would be the best(and arguably most balanced) buff to Ostheer.
13 Dec 2019, 12:29 PM

Or we can make sure just charging into units in heavy cover don't work...

As I have explain in other thread I would try something else.

The durability of QCQ could come from a timed ability so that Rangers/Shock troops could actually charge thru open ground but limited times.
13 Dec 2019, 12:40 PM

This hurts Ost a lot cus not only they have core infantry that at late game can't do anything to these cqc squads + all mg's are useless when vet is involvet + ost core infantry is only 4 men so easy wipe. Vet3 ass grens(0.6 RA), Shocks(1.5 Armor + 0.833 RA), rangers(0.545 RA) are way to tanky late game but allied core (riflemen/section/con/penal) and okw core(volks and pfusil) have enough models to escape and not get wiped (unless you get flanked but that's good play on the opponents part). So stopping this would be the best(and arguably most balanced) buff to Ostheer.

I don't know how you could pass through HMG...you will be surpress and pinned. Don't forget, in-late game team weapons have vet too, not only infantry. Incendiary rounds will stop any infantry, even in green cover. Only shocks (and pgrens in-doc) have better chances due smoke grenade. If you use smoke to cover your frontal attack - it's good move too. You even could use halftruck with troops inside to pass through enemy HMG zone. It's called - good play. Bad play - death blob with long range weapon, but it need other tools for deny.

13 Dec 2019, 12:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 12:40 PMMaret

I don't know how you could pass through HMG...you will be surpress and pinned. Don't forget, in-late game team weapons have vet too, not only infantry. Incendiary rounds will stop any infantry, even in green cover. Only shocks (and pgrens in-doc) have better chances due smoke grenade. If you use smoke to cover your frontal attack - it's good move too. You even could use halftruck with troops inside to pass through enemy HMG zone. It's called - good play. Bad play - death blob with long range weapon, but it need other tools for deny.

In my opinion and on my own observations:
Mgs (Doenst matter which faction) gets weaker the longer the game goes. Increased yellow cover / RA vet buffs for opponents / increased indirect fire is the source of that, imp.
13 Dec 2019, 12:51 PM

Mgs (Doenst matter which faction) gets weaker the longer the game goes. Increased yellow cover / RA vet buffs for opponents / increased indirect fire is the source of that, imp.

Yea it's problem. In late-game you always need build green cover for your HMG, to make it less vulnerable.
13 Dec 2019, 13:09 PM

RA doesn't matter at suppressing squads directly shot at.
13 Dec 2019, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 12:40 PMMaret

It's not that a single squad can overcome an mg but the time it takes for relatively spaced units to be suppressed compared to how much time it takes to cross the arc is too much. It takes too long to suppress 1 squad let alone 2 more + these squads have nades too. many time i had squads charge up to me with full vision and land a nade.
13 Dec 2019, 13:34 PM

At the same time, you can go from having 1 MG in the early game to having 3 MGs later on.

It's not that a single squad can overcome an mg but the time it takes for relatively spaced units to be suppressed compared to how much time it takes to cross the arc is too much. It takes too long to suppress 1 squad let alone 2 more + these squads have nades too. many time i had squads charge up to me with full vision and land a nade.

Ideally your MGs support your infantry, so they’re never alone. Aka you push with Panzergrenadiers for instance and you aggressively set up your MG42s to suppress any defending squads or kill MGs/AT guns with incendiary rounds.

I'm gonna say that Ost struggles most late game due to a underpowered T4. I made a post a few months back about the Brum being overnerfed. And from seeing the build popularity of the Brum go down the toilet, I'd say that I'm completely right. Some people cried that Brum killed a single unsupported AT gun (not using vet 1 barrage) and said At gUnS aRe sUppOSeD tO cOunTEr aRmOR. Meanwhile there are many videos of KV8 burning 2 at gun crews with ease. Partially revert the nerfs to the Brum. Werfer needs a shorter cooldown. It's inferior to the katy since u need to do a minimum range barrage to be effective. Otherwise at max range, katy is far superior.

Werfer aside, I fully agree.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Dec 2019, 01:44 AMmrgame2

That’s more of a map issue in corridor 2v2 maps. 60 range is needed when you deal with more lethal and heavier armoured tanks. You need to outrange them. I understand the complain and agree with it, but imo it’s more of a symptom of tanks reversing at the same speed as they go forward.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight