Login

russian armor

smoke canisters

6 Dec 2019, 22:42 PM

The instant smoke cannisters on vehicles is just stupid (except okw flak truck). It easily is a free get out of jail free card for most vehicles. I would suggest having a wind up time of 2-5 sec before the vehicle gets enveloped in smoke.
6 Dec 2019, 22:55 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

This has been discussed many times before and as I recall many people liked the idea of the delayed smoke canister. I'm not sure why it hasn't had more traction.
7 Dec 2019, 03:52 AM

If this including panzer tactican then sure.
7 Dec 2019, 14:48 PM

ye basically all smoke that can be popped instantly, this would affect puma panzer tactitian and aec (not okw flak truck)
7 Dec 2019, 15:00 PM

I absolutly agree that all vehicles should have wind up time, but not for Panzer Tactician, since you basically pick a doc for that shit
7 Dec 2019, 16:46 PM

I absolutly agree that all vehicles should have wind up time, but not for Panzer Tactician, since you basically pick a doc for that shit

If not for panzer tactican then this will be more a non issues since most instant smoke only belong to light vehicle
7 Dec 2019, 16:54 PM

Panzer tactician is a doctrinal ability, it has no business being the same as stock usf smoke.

Both pale in comparison to the offensive Cromwell smoke and Comet WP smoke shells.
7 Dec 2019, 17:01 PM

Permanently Banned
Don't change panzer tactician. The vehicles can keep the instasmoke for all I care.
7 Dec 2019, 19:30 PM

Panzer tactician is a doctrinal ability, it has no business being the same as stock usf smoke.

Both pale in comparison to the offensive Cromwell smoke and Comet WP smoke shells.

The point of op is that instant smoke is too much of "get out of the jail". Sherman smoke pot and Cromwell smoke shell both have a delay before effect.
7 Dec 2019, 19:34 PM

The point of op is that instant smoke is too much of "get out of the jail". Sherman smoke pot and Cromwell smoke shell both have a delay before effect.

Well Allies have 60Td which virtually pen all stock units, so you have "Ez pea-shooters" vs doctrine smoke.

I think it is nonsense to remove another Axis ability of doctrine smoke. Like 60Td aint enough to hard counter Axis tanks these days?

7 Dec 2019, 19:38 PM

Panzer tactician is on multiple very good commanders. The idea that you're "choosing" a doctrine for just panzer tact is absurd
7 Dec 2019, 19:39 PM

Smoke shell is used offensively, which is much better.
7 Dec 2019, 19:44 PM

Panzer tactician is on multiple very good commanders. The idea that you're "choosing" a doctrine for just panzer tact is absurd

But you dont even need to "choose" 60Td.

I like how some are trying to paint Axis tanks are so good, that a doctrine smoke makes them somehow Op?

So doctrine smoke, needs cp, waste muni, has cool down, and doesnt save you if you got snared, or somehow your 60td dont chase, dont attack ground?

Panzer tactician is no different than a skill shot. Hardly a "Free" get out of jail card. Let stop killing uniqueness and trying to nerf Axis to further 14ft to the ground
7 Dec 2019, 19:46 PM

Smoke shell is used offensively, which is much better.

Unless you need a defensive ability. It's almost like they fill different roles...
7 Dec 2019, 19:52 PM

Panzer tactician is no different than a skill shot.

Uhh, what?
7 Dec 2019, 19:56 PM

Uhh, what?

You need to time the smoke, select the best path to retreat. And it last what, 3-4sec only?

In fact something like churchill smoke is much cheesier since it is like cloak of invisibility.
7 Dec 2019, 20:04 PM

You need to time the smoke, select the best path to retreat. And it last what, 3-4sec only?

In fact something like churchill smoke is much cheesier since it is like cloak of invisibility.

I think you need to learn a thing about observation bias
7 Dec 2019, 20:13 PM

Unless you need a defensive ability. It's almost like they fill different roles...

Panzer tactician can only be used defensively. Smoke shell can be used both offensively and defensively on allies.

Smoke shell isn’t just different, it’s better. You can’t nerf panzer tactician and pretend all is good.
7 Dec 2019, 20:21 PM

Panzer tactician can only be used defensively. Smoke shell can be used both offensively and defensively on allies.

Smoke shell isn’t just different, it’s better. You can’t nerf panzer tactician and pretend all is good.

Shooting the smoke shells requires far more micro and time. The thing about ptac is its an wz panic escape. It is undeniably better as an escape ability. Which, when combined with high armour values and blitz makes it even more potent.

But seeing as you would like an offensive ability, something discussed last time ptac was talked about was the smoke shooting ahead of the tank instead of on the tank. Naturally you would support this entirely because then it could be used offensively and would thus be better right?
7 Dec 2019, 20:26 PM

But the Soviet tanks are definitely not enough smoke. T-34-76 must receive a smoke shell and T-34-85 receive smoke bombs that are already in the model; they work like Churchill smoke only without slowing down the speed.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★