Login

russian armor

USF med truck needs to be replaced

7 Dec 2019, 01:11 AM

Long live the Pizza!

Also if you are complaining about ambulance taking up pop cap I’d like to complain about how engineers take up pop cap in every other faction
7 Dec 2019, 01:12 AM

Ohhhhh, look who I've triggered again.......

LOL you were the one who complained about the thread.....?

You even agreed to change the unit and you still couldn't stop yourself from ranting about allied players
7 Dec 2019, 02:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Dec 2019, 19:05 PMCresc

I'll answer that even though it's painfully obvious, but you're missing the point.
They don't know what you have or not, sometimes they just YOLO their way in to take out the med trucks because everybody in 1v1 knows it's going to be there waiting at the front entrance and that they can kill it with one shot and get away.

So again, if it wasn't a problem why is it that easy and why does everybody do it?

If I want to destroy the ostheer's med bunker do I have to make a commitment and take the risk? Yes, and so I will just do it when I'm certain that I can stay there for the time it takes to destroy it.
The same with OKW.

In 1v1 you will see the USF base getting dived on absolutely 2/3 of the time, there is no risk, it's easy and fast, and that's why they all do it.
It's also pretty dumb to just tell us to move the truck when I see he is coming, you think we don't do that?
If it was this simple it wouldn't be a problem.

The enemy diving into your base because they know you don't have a counter because you have elected to not produce a counter is not a balance issue.
7 Dec 2019, 02:31 AM

The enemy diving into your base because they know you don't have a counter because you have elected to not produce a counter is not a balance issue.

Ok, I think you are trolling, you keep missing the point.
7 Dec 2019, 02:40 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 02:31 AMCresc

Ok, I think you are trolling, you keep missing the point.

If you have a point I am absolutely missing it. If the enemy feels certain enough that they can dive all the way to your base safely that's a you problem not a balance problem. If they are trading their 222 wow the cost you 50mo and lost 15 fuel. That's not a good trade especially with how great 222 vision is later on. It's worth keeping. Try going lieutenant if this is a reoccurring issue as a single zook and a vetted rifle is more than enough to make sure they won't dive. Again, it's not a balance problem the enemy feels safe diving into your base

That said, a pop free base locked Ost healing bunker clone would be acceptable as an easy alternative but just so you know, if you don't build counters they will still dive your base regardless of how you set up your healing.
7 Dec 2019, 09:24 AM

The Truck has a crew inside, consisting out of 3 medics, right?
And no one really uses them, right?
What about the USA player just pays...I dunno, maybe around 150 MP and 5 fuel for the squad of these medics, maybe even with 4 men, that can place themselves in some sort of cover for AURA healing or be moving for healing by coming up close, and THEN, after a player has got a Luit/Captain, he can get the truck itself for like 100-150 MP and 10 Fuel?

Problem solved on both 1v1-2v2 and 3v3-4v4.
7 Dec 2019, 10:03 AM

That said, a pop free base locked Ost healing bunker clone would be acceptable as an easy alternative but just so you know, if you don't build counters they will still dive your base regardless of how you set up your healing

There's still plenty of other ways an ambulance can die that it's a fair change nontheless. Way more vulnerable to basebombing from howies or rocket arty

Medic models can be killed too but they respawn for free

It's slow as fuck and super fragile. 99.9% of the time, taking it out of your base is not worth the risk so it's "mobility" is barely worth a damn already. Needs to be stationary to reinforce, and can only do so in friendly territory
7 Dec 2019, 10:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 00:49 AMCresc

If anything I explain is irrelevant then I can't help you.
Just know that this game is more complex and subtle than "this cost more so this worth more"

Let me explain to you something a trade is trade regardless of anything else and it basically about the cost of the item exchanged. And in your example the cost you have failed to explain why trading a 222 for an ambulance is a good trade.

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Dec 2019, 00:49 AMCresc

It's like the army of wehraboos crybabies who tell you a panzer 4 costs more than a Sherman so it shouldn't kill it...

The fact that you try to insult user with a different opinion than your as "an army of wehraboos crybabies" indicates that you are allied bias or an "insert here a offensive term" yourself. So blaming other for what also do make little sense.

And trading a PzIV to kill a Sherman would again not be a "more than a good trade".
7 Dec 2019, 11:14 AM

Button to deploy it permanently, removing the capability to decrew.
It now gains the same HP as a bunker and removes popcap.

Alternative: USF base could had a little less "stupid" design and more space to put units around.

This is right here.

Alternatively, they can add medic upgrade to the fighting position and make Ambulance optional for people who wants risky mobile AoE healing.
7 Dec 2019, 11:16 AM

It's slow as fuck and super fragile. 99.9% of the time, taking it out of your base is not worth the risk so it's "mobility" is barely worth a damn already

In 1v1s yes, but in 3v3s/4v4s an early forward ambulance to hold one part of the map (with teammates) is incredibly powerful, borderline overpowered even, which is the reason any straight durability buffs were discarded. We looked at the alternative base layout to help protect it, but that was not deemed viable for Relic to implement, and we looked at giving the ambu a lock down mode for main base sectors so it could have increased durability only there, but couldn't find a simple way to do so.
7 Dec 2019, 11:57 AM

The only thing that really needs to be changed is the Major. When you activate the Forward Retreat Ability it can be seen through the Fog of War making it easy for your units/ambulance to get nuked by artillery.
7 Dec 2019, 16:46 PM

In 1v1s yes, but in 3v3s/4v4s an early forward ambulance to hold one part of the map (with teammates) is incredibly powerful, borderline overpowered even, which is the reason any straight durability buffs were discarded. We looked at the alternative base layout to help protect it, but that was not deemed viable for Relic to implement, and we looked at giving the ambu a lock down mode for main base sectors so it could have increased durability only there, but couldn't find a simple way to do so.

It's simply not fit for 1v1 play.
I'm sorry but it happens in every single game I had for the past hours, and one could argue that I or many others are doing something wrong.
But then you watch WCS matches and the same thing happens.

They simply don't care they know they can get in, kill the med truck in or 3 shots (if you use a ostwind for instance) and leave.

It's stupidly easy and unbalanced.

Then you start losing every engagement because USF depends heavily on its infantry.

I'm somewhat relieved to know that the balancce team at least looked onto it, but the problem is still here.

7 Dec 2019, 17:16 PM

Hey guys,

a very simple solution to all this mess and shouting. Yes, there is an alternative!!! :)

Before you start a game, just tick the box "fair and friendly coh2 enable".
This Game Mod Option (aside from 1v1, 2v2 and so...) is often overlooked by newer players.

This Game Mode offers a lot of good solutions to many well-known problems:

In this different game mode coh2 is much friendlier and nicer.
-The soldiers wear bubbleguns and water pistols.
-Medics can´t be killed. They are running over the field and fixing people with candy and sweets.
-The map design in general is also very colourful. There are even little faeries and cute dragons flying around.
-If you dont want to fight your opponent, you can just call for "5 min-tea break". Any player can do this 5 times.
There are no mines, but you can place flower fields and air ballons.
Tanks cant hurt anyone, but are just giant rolling smilies.:)

You guys should really try that. Calms things down a lot:)

Have a good day <444>3

7 Dec 2019, 17:37 PM

I guess one could try to another approach.

When Ambulance i set to heal mode Medic crew disembark the Ambulances and provide aura heal. The Ambulances remain in USF possession.

Then even if the Ambulance died the medic would survive.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 31
South Africa 2
Russian Federation 65
Germany 4

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %