Login

russian armor

Some change for UKF

24 Nov 2019, 12:18 PM

Tournament results show that the UKF has been in a tough time since the last patch

Tommy's nerf was right, but there's no alternative

The problem with the UKF,

1. Lack of options due to small unit pool

2. Tactical upgrades aren't so effective

So should we increase the unit pool in the UKF?

No, thats not

The characteristics of UKF are defensive, Selection and concentration through hammer and anvil tactics

Therefore, the change to upgrade the existing units to play a variety of roles will be the most appropriate change

So I propose to reorganize the effect of hammer tactics and anvil tactics

Global

Add Brace penalty : Fuel income decreases by -10% during the "Brace structure",

Effects are nested based on the number of emplacement using "Braces structure"

Royal engineer
cost 210 MP -> 220 MP
buff sten gun accuracy 46%/23%/11.5% -> 52%/26%/11.5%

vet Change
vet 2 : add received accuracy bonus(-10%)
vet 3 : decrease received accuracy bonus(-34% -> -24%)

17 pounder emplacement
cost : 400/75 -> 300/40, Add "Emplacement reinforcement work" upgrade
Unit type : building -> weapon team
piercing shot cost 90 muni-> 60 muni

Emplacement reinforcement work : 100 mp/25 fuel, change the unit type to building
unlock "Brace structure" and can be garrison(Maximum 2 squad, not weapon team)
Add garrison bonus : 1 squad(reload time -0.5s), 2 squad(reload time -0.8s, piercing shot time 30s->38s)

Comet
increase HP +80

Churchill
Population 19->17

Commando
390 Mp -> 370 MP

1. Hammer tactic

Add)Tommy is no longer affected by cover penalties

Add)Top mounted MG is now available for UKF tanks
Not available at the same time as the commander upgrade

Add)Royal engineer now can upgrade "combat engineer"

Combat engineer : 70 Mp+30 muni, equip 1 thompson gun and smoke nade, sten accuracy + 20%
Royal Engineer's Cover Combat bonus(sight+10, reload time -50%, cooldown -70%) will always apply even if he is not in cover
But repair will be reduce -0.4/s(vet0 1.6/s -> 1.2/s)

Buff)Emergency war speed now dont need Royal engineer's touch anymore

2. Anvil tactic

Add) Royal engineer now get +15% accuracy bonus while he is garrisoning the building, emplacement, trench

Add) Tommy now get additional cover bonus(-10% received accuracy, only Tommy)

Add) If Heavy engineer is garrisoning in the emplacement, empalcement will be repair automatically(1.4/s)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
New

Bolster upgrade
Tommy's problem was that he was able to have a bolster upgrade too soon
So I put a bolster upgrade in the company command post to slow down the timing
-now can upgrade in the company command post
-Bolster upgraded tommy have 1 special model(5th, I want officer modeling to be used, but I don't care if it doesn't change)
-This model have scoped lee-enfield(It also has its own stats, accuracy +15%, not other tommies's gun)

Trench
-600 HP -> 400 HP
-received accuracy +20% -> +30%

Tommy
Tommy wasn't strong, but the problem was the fast bolster upgrade and the Tommy in the Trench was too strong
-Revert to previous version

Royal engineer's cover combat bonus
-delete sight+10 bonus when he has "combat engineer" upgrade

Hammer&Anvil tactic
-now can upgrade in the HQ
-cost is 120/35
-company command post now get 2 additional upgrade(Comet/churchille, cost is 100/15, Not available at the same time)

24 Nov 2019, 13:29 PM

Some nice ideas you have there, but put all in hammer/anvil specialization is a bit too late for those upgrades. It will be nicer if some can be split into T2 through Bofors/AEC tech, basically hammer/anvil from platoon cp.
24 Nov 2019, 16:16 PM

I don't like them, cqc RE is a bad solution to close range fights. If hammer/anvil is available at t0 it should only affect tommies, other buffs are just OP. Anvil early bonuses are OP if we consider that churchills will enter the battlefield after. Bolster sjould be locked after anvil upgrade too
24 Nov 2019, 16:40 PM

Some nice ideas you have there, but put all in hammer/anvil specialization is a bit too late for those upgrades. It will be nicer if some can be split into T2 through Bofors/AEC tech, basically hammer/anvil from platoon cp.

+1

I don't like them, cqc RE is a bad solution to close range fights. If hammer/anvil is available at t0 it should only affect tommies, other buffs are just OP. Anvil early bonuses are OP if we consider that churchills will enter the battlefield after. Bolster sjould be locked after anvil upgrade too

Should be available at platoon CP (with AEC/bofors tech) instead of T0 then. Also, I kinda think tommies should be the ones with the thompson upgrade as well.

Bolster should not be dependent on anvil now that tommies are shittier, cheaper to reinforce grenadiers with less utility. They're objectively way worse without bolster and they need to keep that as an option all the time IMO.
24 Nov 2019, 18:40 PM

Neat ideas. Not a fan of the fuel decrease for brace, I'd rather it be MP as it then simulates bleed via taking loses. The others I like or have no strong opinion on. Nice work
24 Nov 2019, 19:09 PM

Ukf is defensive, what make them defensive ?
- Mortar pit is a hindrance more than anything. sitting duck waiting for anything to shred it. having to keep your whole army close to it when you have to move to the other side of the map to help your weakass teammate.
- Bofors, like mortar pit ain't worth sh!t. other factions get low cost smaller position to lock backward points. this one ain't doing any better. worse , it need a tech, cost more and lock AEC, a much better unit.
- 17lber share the same problems. buttr0ped by arty or anything (elephant included, eventho you did build it to counter tank). either to backward to do anything or too foward to stay alive more than 2min.

thus there is no stock arty (flare is a joke as you have to run up to throw it, with a unit getting debuff out of cover). this mean you cannot be defensive at all because you lose arty war by default. you are forced to ATTACK.

attack with what tho ? you got debuff out off cover tommies plus static bren, no stock choc troops to flank, no arty to mess up with pak/mg walls, low firerate snipe/firefly,...

You do have spint atgun, cromwell, comet and emergency warspeed locked behind hammer. too bad yer tank will be kept at bay by untouchable paks.

Basically you cannot defend and you cannot attack by designe. There is just not enough for you to bite or hold.

I don't bring up doctrinals as doctrinals are there to add flavor and new edge. they aren't meant to cover hole (and none do anyway).

I'am not saying existing units are bad. the faction simply do not have the tools to stick to any play style. for it to be competitive you need op af unit (like in the past) or redesigne the faction by adding new options (units or abilities). the biggest problem (if not the only one) is the lack of arty.

mortar pit changed for a special trench to be manned with up to 2 mortars (implies stock mortars) is the best anwsere to me (ressource are already in the game). If you don't want to add some kind of real stock arty (mortar/ htmorat/scot like vehicule or anything not barrage dependant) then change the base howies mechanic to make up for the lack of arty. increase the forward assembly flare range to make it actually usable for exemple. remove the cost (ammo) on base howie as your sole arty cannot be locked behind a paywall. it would both make a use for the FA and the base howie. it would still not be equal to genuine arty but dat would be something. TBH i would remove base howie entirely but if you absolutely want to keep it then just make it work smh.

It's not hard to keep faction flavor without crippling the faction. adding any kind of real arty would save the faction. want ukf to have positions or base howie ? make them work or delet them.

not essential change but it would make sense: If you do not want to add a choc troops (not commando which are more than just a choc troop to me) or a shoting on the move weap at least make the tommies assault package non doctrinal. it's not good but atleast it's something.
24 Nov 2019, 22:46 PM

PLS no more Thompson the weapon was designed with an abnormal OP profile because it used by elite units. It should not become available to every unit out there.
25 Nov 2019, 01:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 22:46 PMVipper
PLS no more Thompson the weapon was designed with an abnormal OP profile because it used by elite units. It should not become available to every unit out there.

Do you have a better solution than that? UKF needs something legitimately good for close quarters or mobile combat.

Also, pgren stgs have a weird really powerful profile as well, and they're nondoc on the faction most similar to UKF but also objectively better at almost everything now.
25 Nov 2019, 02:00 AM

Do you have a better solution than that? UKF needs something legitimately good for close quarters or mobile combat.

Also, pgren stgs have a weird really powerful profile as well, and they're nondoc on the faction most similar to UKF but also objectively better at almost everything now.

There is the Sten.
25 Nov 2019, 02:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Nov 2019, 02:00 AMFarlion

There is the Sten.

Stens (even the current assault section profile stens) wouldn't really cut it coming at AEC tech timing though, especially on 4-man squads. It's not like the current assault section upgrade in lend-lease is incredibly OP or anything.
25 Nov 2019, 02:45 AM

For thompson upgrade, I think a passive upgrade along with hammer, that all sapper squad receive one thompson should be sufficent.

Along with out of cover penalty remove, the sappers would trade well as close range combatants.

This would also be opposite with static lmg and armor bonus in anvil choice.
25 Nov 2019, 02:52 AM

Not a fan of the fuel decrease for brace, I'd rather it be MP as it then simulates bleed via taking loses.

+1 I like this a lot
25 Nov 2019, 03:38 AM

I'm ok with brace reducing mp income, but if made so, brace should be toggle ability instead of time ability. There will be a cooldown between turn on or off brace, but once activated, brace will last as until turned off. I think by this way, brace will be easier to use anh have it own trade off, i can brace as long as i want but will pay for it and brace multiple emplacements at the same time will cost seriously lot to be considered.
25 Nov 2019, 05:23 AM

I've already said what I wanted on Brits before.

New point I wanted to bring to this post is that Brits also have some very inefficient manpower call ins.

Commandos are nice and all but the call in costs are insane. The Vanguard options call in is also insanely ineffecient.

Tank hunters infantry section also didn't get a 10 manpower decrease to reflect the recent changes.

To get access to the Vickers machinegun in specialweapons, you need almost 45 fuel and a meh halftrack.

25 Nov 2019, 05:27 AM

I find pretty funny that some people imagine that because we are talking about Ukf they can simply stack up buffs petitions like a kid in a candy shop. Seriously guys that's not how balance works
25 Nov 2019, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 19:09 PMHven
Ukf is defensive, what make them defensive ?
- Mortar pit is a hindrance more than anything. sitting duck waiting for anything to shred it. having to keep your whole army close to it when you have to move to the other side of the map to help your weakass teammate.
- Bofors, like mortar pit ain't worth sh!t. other factions get low cost smaller position to lock backward points. this one ain't doing any better. worse , it need a tech, cost more and lock AEC, a much better unit.
- 17lber share the same problems. buttr0ped by arty or anything (elephant included, eventho you did build it to counter tank). either to backward to do anything or too foward to stay alive more than 2min.

thus there is no stock arty (flare is a joke as you have to run up to throw it, with a unit getting debuff out of cover). this mean you cannot be defensive at all because you lose arty war by default. you are forced to ATTACK.

attack with what tho ? you got debuff out off cover tommies plus static bren, no stock choc troops to flank, no arty to mess up with pak/mg walls, low firerate snipe/firefly,...

You do have spint atgun, cromwell, comet and emergency warspeed locked behind hammer. too bad yer tank will be kept at bay by untouchable paks.

Basically you cannot defend and you cannot attack by designe. There is just not enough for you to bite or hold.

I don't bring up doctrinals as doctrinals are there to add flavor and new edge. they aren't meant to cover hole (and none do anyway).

I'am not saying existing units are bad. the faction simply do not have the tools to stick to any play style. for it to be competitive you need op af unit (like in the past) or redesigne the faction by adding new options (units or abilities). the biggest problem (if not the only one) is the lack of arty.

mortar pit changed for a special trench to be manned with up to 2 mortars (implies stock mortars) is the best anwsere to me (ressource are already in the game). If you don't want to add some kind of real stock arty (mortar/ htmorat/scot like vehicule or anything not barrage dependant) then change the base howies mechanic to make up for the lack of arty. increase the forward assembly flare range to make it actually usable for exemple. remove the cost (ammo) on base howie as your sole arty cannot be locked behind a paywall. it would both make a use for the FA and the base howie. it would still not be equal to genuine arty but dat would be something. TBH i would remove base howie entirely but if you absolutely want to keep it then just make it work smh.

It's not hard to keep faction flavor without crippling the faction. adding any kind of real arty would save the faction. want ukf to have positions or base howie ? make them work or delet them.

not essential change but it would make sense: If you do not want to add a choc troops (not commando which are more than just a choc troop to me) or a shoting on the move weap at least make the tommies assault package non doctrinal. it's not good but atleast it's something.
+
25 Nov 2019, 07:16 AM

I find pretty funny that some people imagine that because we are talking about Ukf they can simply stack up buffs petitions like a kid in a candy shop. Seriously guys that's not how balance works
u mean like u in evry axis thread ?
25 Nov 2019, 09:13 AM

Thomposn are SMG and STG are assault rifles, they are weapons with different profiles and they should not be compared.

My suggestion was to make create different tech paths for UKF and have bren work similar to bar and Vickers K similar to LMG42

But one could improve the sten instead of messing with the Thompson which is a problematic weapon.
25 Nov 2019, 13:29 PM

u mean like u in evry axis thread ?

U mean like for every five or so allied Up threads there is a single axis thread. So we get 2 conclusions, 1st allied players cry 5 times more. 2nd forums are 5 times more biased towards allied.

Your argument?

25 Nov 2019, 14:46 PM

U mean like for every five or so allied Up threads there is a single axis thread. So we get 2 conclusions, 1st allied players cry 5 times more. 2nd forums are 5 times more biased towards allied.

Your argument?

Dude, I like you and all, but mrgame2 alone makes like 5 axis UP threads in a week. The Panther alone gets about as much attention as UKF does as a whole.

Examples from past three pages of thread topics sorted in terms of which side benefits balance wise. Subjects that are open questions to community or affect both factions equally I do not count towards either side with some exceptions made for sake of argument.

Page 1 Allies 5, Axis 6
Some change for UKF - Allied
What if ostruppen could merge... - Axis
Poll: Stationary PANTHER - Poll - Axis
UKF absent from tourney play again - Allied
Jagdtiger is horrible - Axis
Poll: Faction Rankings in 1v1 - Question
Racketen spam in the team games... - Allied
On losing streak with Wehr 2v2! - Axis
PTAB vs IL-2 Rocket Run - Allied
Stationary PANTHER - Axis
Guards assault infantry - Allied
Redesigning OKW Spec ops - Axis

Page 2 Allies 4, Axis 6
Wehrm GRENS - Axis
Garrisoned Vehicle Capping - QOL
6 changes to improve Wehrmacht commanders - Axis
Poll: Give Ober 20% damage reduction like... - Axis
Heavy Tank CP - Both
Greyhound at 4cp - Allied
Buff overnerfed Sniper - Both, but we can say Allies since it's Ritter
About HMG42 gunner and formation... - Axis
Sniper Tweaks - Both
About IS - Allied
reduce pop for soviet tanks and infantry - Allied
"For Mother Russia" (sprinting while in combat) - Question
What's the next patch targeted objectives? - Question
reworking TD and giving them a role - Axis
Time to reduce 60TD to 55TD? - Axis

Page 3 Allies 6, Axis 5
Is Tiger/Ace an AI or AT tank? - Axis
Withdraw - Question
Allied and Axis Doctrinal Heavy Units - Open question but we will count as Allies since CODGUY
NO BAN system for DROPPERS - Both
Is a nerf coming to the M2 .50 cal? - Allied
Turret Lock for the Firefly - Allied
Mortar Pit Split - Allied
Poll: [DBP] Tank Hunter feedback thread - 2017 poll necroed by Ritter, count as Allies
when will we see a new update? - Question
Poll: Guard Rifle QOL Improvement - Allied
Matchmaker is completely rekt lately - Both
Having spotting scopes work while rotating - Axis
Lets cap range of tanks to 60 - Axis
Poll: What is StuG TWP supposed to do? - Axis
1000 IQ USF fix - Axis

As you can see it comes out more or less even but with more axis-leaning topics overall.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★