Login

russian armor

PTAB vs IL-2 Rocket Run

23 Nov 2019, 20:15 PM

I just tested it and under perfect conditions the PTAB AT bombs do around 1/4 to 1/3 HP damage on an Elefant or KT. What you say is just factually wrong. I think what happened in your test is that you used the regular IL2 bombing run instead of the PTAB one.

Idk what your "perfect conditions" are, but I think you just dont know how to use the ability. This test did so much damage it passed the threshold required for the main gun crit dice roll

You want to call it in at a slight angle, not perfectly parallel which is what I assume you were doing

This ability is absolutely phenomenal, and apparently it is one of the most underrated abilities in the game. Idk how this many people think it sucks. I mean the above test is over 900 damage AND a stun-lock AND a vision blind crit. What else do you want from an AT ability?
23 Nov 2019, 20:38 PM

How is anyone supposed to know that you need to use the ability in a 30° angle? Me and anyone else would use it parallel to the tank, that's the intuitive way to use the ability. And used that way it does very little damage for some reason. I don't know why it would matter to do it in a 30° angle when the ability is supposed to be a carpet-bombing run of small AT bombs. If it does then it's just a bugged ability and needs fixing.
23 Nov 2019, 20:48 PM

How is anyone supposed to know that you need to use the ability in a 30° angle? Me and anyone else would use it parallel to the tank, that's the intuitive way to use the ability. And used that way it does very little damage for some reason. I don't know why it would matter to do it in a 30° angle when the ability is supposed to be a carpet-bombing run of small AT bombs. If it does then it's just a bugged ability and needs fixing.

By actually trying to use the ability more than once? And you dont need a 30 angle. Parallel works just fine too actually, as long as the tank isnt in the direct center:

It's not that counter-intuitive. The bombs cover a HUGE area, if you call it directly in the center, a lot of them are just falling on either side of it. This makes the ability easier to use in-game btw, if you needed it to be in perfect center to get good damage it would be more difficult....

Thats why the il2 rockets are so easy to miss with, as I said on the previous page
23 Nov 2019, 21:19 PM

I still have seen no evidence that it's been nerfed, and it's still a very good ability....

You just reading right over the part where I say it can leave an elefant below 1/4 health?? That's very good damage (800+), idk what you mean by "where it is now". Go in cheatmods yourself and test it

I don't care how often you call me a liar for claiming that this ability changed. Your idea of "proof" is the idiotic claim that every change made it into the patch notes, which everyone that has played this game from the beginning knows is not true.

I also ignored it because you are lying about the damage. I've tested it many times and never got over half damage on a KT or JT. Most of the time I got the same results as blvckdream (1/3-1/4 health). I tried every variation of targeting, direction, etc. Evidently, nobody except you knows how to use this ability. /sarcasm

For everyone else, here is the replay with a lot of tests. It was made in a normal game instead of cheat mode. Make up your own mind how incredible it is.
23 Nov 2019, 23:12 PM

i still believe they spaghetti coded it, it used to deal minimal damage to infantry, and lock at that it has the same damage as frag bomb MP

it was probably something like this before :

damage

max 40

min 40

target table

if tank x 3 damage

24 Nov 2019, 00:34 AM

i still believe they spaghetti coded it, it used to deal minimal damage to infantry, and lock at that it has the same damage as frag bomb MP

it was probably something like this before :

damage

max 40

min 40

target table

if tank x 3 damage

They might have. It's possible they went to give it a slight nerf against infantry and inadvertently wiped out the target table.
24 Nov 2019, 00:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 21:19 PMGrumpy

I don't care how often you call me a liar for claiming that this ability changed. Your idea of "proof" is the idiotic claim that every change made it into the patch notes, which everyone that has played this game from the beginning knows is not true.

That's not my proof and I have literally never said that there aren't changes that don't appear in the notes. I have only said that THIS specific ability has not been changed. Of course there are ninja changes in the game, I am only saying I believe this ability hasn't been changed

I called you a liar because you first said the ability costed 250 Muni. It doesn't and never did. Then you said it's arrival time was some ridiculous # of seconds, and that number was so wrong that you eventually corrected yourself... But go ahead, keep calling me an idiot, definitely helps your case

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Nov 2019, 21:19 PMGrumpy

I also ignored it because you are lying about the damage. I've tested it many times and never got over half damage on a KT or JT. Most of the time I got the same results as blvckdream (1/3-1/4 health). I tried every variation of targeting, direction, etc. Evidently, nobody except you knows how to use this ability.

You have got to be fucking kidding me. You're suggesting I actually went to the effort of faking those screenshots? I have literally given you proof, and your response is "I ignored it because you're lying..." Why the fuck would I do that?

You aren't worth that amount of effort dude. It's easier to just post the actual results, which is what I did. You're welcome to dislike me all you want, but you have completely lost your mind if you think I'd fake the tests just to fight people on the forum... Unbelievable
24 Nov 2019, 21:07 PM

ok im on pc checking now

edit: ok bois found the PTAB ability but can't find damage or target value anyone has any idea ?

EDIT 2: ok boys found it, it has same damage value of the frag bomb run but it lack the old target table bonus vs tank, thank u spaghetti code (for example the AT stuka run have a damage multiplayer of 6 for tanks)

btw checking more it seems the frag bombing run is using the Single player profile and not the MP profile

Can a commander ability act differently in cheat mod versus regular play?
24 Nov 2019, 21:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 21:07 PMGrumpy

I don't know
24 Nov 2019, 22:30 PM

I don't know

Cheat mode is an actual game :snfCHVGame: with a mod that lets you pick commander abilities

Its only gonna be different if you pick the wrong ability in the menu when there are multiple versions or units
24 Nov 2019, 22:59 PM

Cheat mode is an actual game :snfCHVGame: with a mod that lets you pick commander abilities

Its only gonna be different if you pick the wrong ability in the menu when there are multiple versions or units

There are 2 versions of cheat mode and Cheat mode units and building some times have different properties when acquired via "instant" built weather it is building or a unit. I had happen to me a couple of times when I was trying to test something.
25 Nov 2019, 01:25 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 21:07 PMGrumpy

Glad you've opened your mind wider than "the person I disagree with is lying."

But it still works that well for me in-game too. I wouldn't be confident in my argument and back it up with tests if it didn't...
25 Nov 2019, 01:52 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 22:59 PMVipper

There are 2 versions of cheat mode and Cheat mode units and building some times have different properties when acquired via "instant" built weather it is building or a unit. I had happen to me a couple of times when I was trying to test something.

The reason why I asked the question was that I got wildly varying results from checking, but in general the damage seemed more when I used Cheat mod. I used the latest version of Cheat mod when I checked it again. I just "created" the units to test the bombing run. I didn't go as far as tracking the results in a spreadsheet or anything like that so it could just be an impression.

When I checked by playing the game using two different steam accounts with COH2 running on them, I typically got the same results as Blvckdream. Using Cheat Mod II, it sometimes took over half health from a Elefant, particularly if attacked at an angle and from the rear.

It did worse against PIV's, PV's, Brumbars, etc because of their size, often dealing 1/4 to 1/3 health damage against them. Attacking from behind and at an angle helped a little, but not that much and, in general, the damage was inferior to the general purpose bombing run, which doesn't require a protractor to use. I'm starting to think that the people who are saying it is bugged are correct. I don't think any other ability in the game varies so widely in results.

25 Nov 2019, 02:44 AM

It's entirely possible that its bugged....

What's not possible is that the ability is bad. With whatever bugs it might have, it can still potentially deal 900+ damage to elefant, while also stunning and blinding it

There's plenty of times in-game where I miss or it does far less damage. That's usually because fewer bombs hit, but that still gives you the stun+blind crits. Often use that to follow up with flank/snare
25 Nov 2019, 02:44 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Nov 2019, 22:59 PMVipper

What properties might be different in that scenario?
25 Nov 2019, 09:08 AM

What properties might be different in that scenario?

When cheat modes is asked to instantly produce a unit (at least version 1) it bring up a unit from game files but some times not the correct one. If I remember correctly some emplacement did not have the correct HP and some infatry where different, but I have to check to because I don't remember now. When ?I want to test something I usually produce/call-in it normally with that the instant production on.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★