Login

russian armor

Sniper Tweaks

18 Nov 2019, 17:07 PM

Honestly, at this poing i feel the best we can do is buff their direct counters (Kubels, Carriers) by increasing their bonus accuracy further, or giving them larger detection radius for cloaked units
Or maybe just increase their target size even more.
18 Nov 2019, 17:35 PM

> Everyone agrees (including Sander93) that snipers are better off as JLI style squads
> Lago makes a thread about costs and accuracy
> 10/10

I'd love that. I just don't believe Relic would do it, so I'm offering suggestions that might happen.
18 Nov 2019, 17:53 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I think it would help a lot if snipers were just a bit slower than normal infantry. I'm not sure if this can be implemented though. No more kiting and running away indefinitely before the chasing squad gets drawn into another fight.
18 Nov 2019, 17:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Nov 2019, 17:35 PMLago

I'd love that. I just don't believe Relic would do it, so I'm offering suggestions that might happen.

I’m not blaming you, I just find it hilarious.
18 Nov 2019, 19:22 PM

I think it would help a lot if snipers were just a bot slower than normal infantry. I'm not sure if this can be implemented though. No mpre kiting and running away indefinetely before the chasing swuad gets drawn into another fight.

This could be a quite effective change.

And not as clumsy as my 79 damage idea. :p
18 Nov 2019, 20:20 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

This could be a quite effective change.

And not as clumsy as my 79 damage idea. :p

Ffs I just had to fix the spelling of my post. That's what happens if you hastily type on mobile.

Anyway:
I think this idea has a lot of merits to it if it could be implemented.
The general role would not change, it would probably not cause any major balance issues. It would achieve what most of the community wants (i.e. that you should need a squad in front of your sniper at all times and not be able to roam with it). Rebalancing could also be done by a slight buff in aim time or reload if necessary. And early retreats are still rewarded and would work the same.
18 Nov 2019, 22:54 PM

I think it would help a lot if snipers were just a bit slower than normal infantry. I'm not sure if this can be implemented though. No more kiting and running away indefinitely before the chasing squad gets drawn into another fight.
. That would be devistating for the Soviet who don't have mgs available when snipers are available (without shelling out again at least. And that would end up being nearly 900mp for just an mg and a sniper if we include tech costs)
19 Nov 2019, 00:13 AM

You don't necessarily need to be leading them into an MG.
19 Nov 2019, 00:48 AM

Not necessarily but it would greatly improve the survival of the sniper.
But outside that sprint would be OP vs snipers as well (oorah as well) if you have no means to stop infantry movement.

I'm not sure reduced movement is the best way to go
19 Nov 2019, 01:04 AM

I personally like the speed suggestion. It means that there would now be that much thinner of a line in which you can reasonably keep your sniper in an engagement, and you'd have to pay better attention to their positioning. I have no issue with sprints and the like forcing a retreat, they should be doing that anyways.
MMX
19 Nov 2019, 04:26 AM

honestly i think snipers add a lot more tactical variety to the game as people like to admit... sure, they can be annoying to play against, but they impose a high micro tax on the player using them that you can usually exploit elsewhere (unlike, say, brit emplacements). the main issue, as others pointed out already, is that counters are not as readily available / effective for certain factions, leaving you kind of helpless in some matchups. maybe reducing the RA bonus on retreat a tad bit could help to offset this, so a successful flank / intercept gets more rewarding.
19 Nov 2019, 08:13 AM

Sniper is fine with me, but if there is necessary a change, I'd add an overall change to camouflage detection.

When unit is stationary, the camouflage unit have a detected range of 10 (so a normal unit has to be very close to them to find them).
When unit is moving, the detected range is increased by 10 (20 for moving sniper)
When unit is in combat, the detected range is further increased by 10 (to 30 for moving and shooting sniper).

This means player must put the sniper at highest risk when they try using them to shoot-and-run other unit.

(FYI, the detected range is based on the camouflage unit, it does not overlap with detection range of scout)
19 Nov 2019, 08:36 AM

Increase the range, make them 2 man squads and make them like a support weapon with a narrow arc and setup time and increase sight range make them a very valuable recon unit. I think this would be more interesting to say the least.
19 Nov 2019, 22:54 PM

Permanently Banned
Snipers need a buff indeed.
Totally overpriced and pop eater. It\s infantry not a tank.
This unit was overnerfed to complete uselessness.

Reduce sniper pop and price! And make it more accurate!
19 Nov 2019, 22:58 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2019, 22:54 PMRitter
Snipers need a buff indeed.
Totally overpriced and pop eater. It\s infantry not a tank.
This unit was overnerfed to complete uselessness.

Reduce sniper pop and price! And make it more accurate!

:loco:
19 Nov 2019, 23:41 PM

Permanently Banned
I also agree with the 2 sniper squad. 1 sniper is ridiculous and too much micro. its too easy to lose this unit. One mortar shot and u lost a 360 unit.
20 Nov 2019, 03:26 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Nov 2019, 23:41 PMRitter
I also agree with the 2 sniper squad. 1 sniper is ridiculous and too much micro. its too easy to lose this unit. One mortar shot and u lost a 360 unit.

It's impossible to lose a sniper to a single mortar round.
20 Nov 2019, 05:04 AM

I think that's pretty obvious he's trolling.

Imo a speed nerf sounds interesting, but I like Lagos approach, cheaper less cheesy units, a part of the army tool instead of one man squad idea.
20 Nov 2019, 18:11 PM

Permanently Banned
someone tell me whats better a T34 for 10 pop or a sniper that costs almost the same?
20 Nov 2019, 18:58 PM

Permanently Banned
something else thrown in here: I highly expect the Zis' barrage has auto aim.
Like when u let it barrage an area and that target moves the next shot it will aim where the unit moves. I have seen that so many times that i am certain it has some aimbot ability. Does anyone know about it?
the video part where u can see it clearl
https://youtu.be/1KbRukvxexk?t=1939

and this phenomena i hvae see dozens of times not just in videos but experienced in games.
Not saying it is bad or that it should been changed, I like if it is that way, just want to be sure if I am right about it or not
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★