Login

russian armor

Withdraw

15 Nov 2019, 22:32 PM

There's an ability in Ardennes Assault on the USF HQ that lets you dimiss units in your base sector. They turn around and walk off the map.

Is this worth adding to the multiplayer HQs? You'd use it to dimiss unwanted units when you're at popcap, meaning you're never punished for unit preservation.
15 Nov 2019, 22:41 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

While it would not hurt, I think that this is probably not worth the effort of implementation. If you don't want a unit anymore, just sacrifice it. Your opponent gets a bit of vet out of it, but that's just the way it is, and better than all the bugs that could be caused.

It's just such a rare issue with other potential "fixes" already available.
15 Nov 2019, 22:42 PM

I think there was a thread about this like a month ago? will lok to see if i can find it

Yes
https://www.coh2.org/topic/101026/dismiss-button/page/1#post_id786245
15 Nov 2019, 22:44 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

While it would not hurt, I think that this is probably not worth the effort of implementation. If you don't want a unit anymore, just sacrifice it. Your opponent gets a bit of vet out of it, but that's just the way it is, and better than all the bugs that could be caused.

popcap abuse is not a "fix" :snfPeter:

As for OP, I swear I saw this thread like maybe a month ago? I don't remember if I replied or not but basically while it wouldn't hurt, I could definitely see some players insta-gg when they accidentally "withdraw" their vet 5 Obers or vet 3 pershing.

EDIT:
I think there was a thread about this like a month ago? will lok to see if i can find it

bah this guy beat me to it by seconds :hansRAGE:
15 Nov 2019, 23:16 PM

In AA its to prevent loss of company strength by suiciding unneeded units.

In MP, it would take away planning element, knowing you can fix your mistakes without offering vet to enemy.
15 Nov 2019, 23:48 PM

I would like to see it implemented, but it has to be implemented the right way. To avoid accidental withdrawals and to avoid ez-exploits, such ability should come from a specific building, Maybe T1/T2 depending of the faction. It should be the most supportive oriented tier.

Some benefit from withdrawal could be added too, i would like some MP refund but ultimately some bonus CP points depending on the unit cost, vet and upgrades.

There was a mod that implemented UKF IS with a UC, after you deploy the IS the UC is automatically withdrawn. This kind of logistics are a good strategical resource
16 Nov 2019, 04:27 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Nov 2019, 23:16 PMKatitof
In AA its to prevent loss of company strength by suiciding unneeded units.

In MP, it would take away planning element, knowing you can fix your mistakes without offering vet to enemy.

You could always offered them to base MG bunkers and that wouldn't give any xp whatsoever.

IF this is implemented it should give nothing in return. Simple as that. It should be there to free up popcap.
16 Nov 2019, 06:59 AM

USF Mechanized Company used to have a withdraw and refit ability. I have no idea if there was anything broken about it since I only really started playing USF once it was removed, but Mechanized Company and USF in general was considered pretty garbage tier at that point (pre tech rework, pre commander rework) so I kind of doubt it was OP.
17 Nov 2019, 17:25 PM

I would like to see it implemented, but it has to be implemented the right way. To avoid accidental withdrawals and to avoid ez-exploits, such ability should come from a specific building, Maybe T1/T2 depending of the faction. It should be the most supportive oriented tier.

Some benefit from withdrawal could be added too, i would like some MP refund but ultimately some bonus CP points depending on the unit cost, vet and upgrades.

There was a mod that implemented UKF IS with a UC, after you deploy the IS the UC is automatically withdrawn. This kind of logistics are a good strategical resource

In Ardennes, it's an ability on the headquarters building. You select the ability, then target the unit you're dimissing.

It's incredibly difficult to do by mistake.
17 Nov 2019, 19:28 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

This idea exist at least for 2 years.
I dont know if someone talked about it, but sometimes in late game i faced with the problem of excess units, whitch already played a role in current game (kubelwagen, M3, sdkfz250, trophy HMGs/mortars/ATguns and etc.). Thats unit spend your manpower all the time and if you have a limit than you need to lost it to the enemy. But we already have a nice ability in Ardennes Assaul campaing whitch recalling unnecessary units from the battlefield.
I think may be a good idea to add same ability to any CoH2 faction. With this you can recall units for fast and without givin exp. for your enemy.

I agreed, that this thing will be good change, which do not affect the balance (since you don‘t get resources you spent on unit, like it was in mechanized doctrine before)
17 Nov 2019, 22:12 PM

Yes, but think of all the Maxims you could withdraw when playing as Ost.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 20
Germany 400

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment