Login

russian armor

Pyro Section Smoke Barrage

20 Oct 2019, 17:28 PM

As UKF slowly gets reworked from the game's worst cheesefest into a normal army, the holes in its roster become more and more apparent.

The biggest one, the lack of snares, was closed a few patches ago and it had a dramatic effect on the UKF faction.

That leaves one major hole in the UKF roster: indirect fire. Without proper indirect, UKF struggles against team weapons.

Giving UKF a mortar would be the best solution, but Relic's ruled that out. So maybe we could do something with the Pyro Section?

Give a second barrage to Pyro Sections: Smoke Barrage. This barrage is free, but it triggers the global howitzer cooldown.

This serves a similar role to the full barrage of forcing a team weapon to reposition, but doesn't do any damage. It's not as effective as smoke grenades because of its slow response time and long cooldown. It'll probably be more in line with the smoke mortars can fire.
20 Oct 2019, 18:33 PM

I agree I have made a the same suggestion earlier.

One could have the first gun fire smoke round and the second one fire HE or air-bust. It cold still have a small cost like 10 mu.

In addition one could further change pyro. It could be rename to scout upgrade giving tommies 2 scoped Enfields but taking up all weapon slot while removing the cover mechanism.
20 Oct 2019, 19:47 PM

20 Oct 2019, 20:06 PM

Pretty simple solution that would help increase variety in Brit gameplay. +1 from me.
20 Oct 2019, 20:35 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Now I don't know about free, but I think a shift in the pyrotechnics upgrade price and a small fee for smoke throwing as well as the shared CD may be good IMO.
20 Oct 2019, 23:12 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Oct 2019, 18:33 PMVipper
I agree I have made a the same suggestion earlier.

One could have the first gun fire smoke round and the second one fire HE or air-bust. It cold still have a small cost like 10 mu.

In addition one could further change pyro. It could be rename to scout upgrade giving tommies 2 scoped Enfields but taking up all weapon slot while removing the cover mechanism.

Do you remember what was the performance of scoped Enfields?

If it's a copycat of the basic Enfield and the scoped version is there to emphasis the upgrade or the extended vision i think a single weapon slot usage should be fine.
20 Oct 2019, 23:32 PM

Do you remember what was the performance of scoped Enfields?

If it's a copycat of the basic Enfield and the scoped version is there to emphasis the upgrade or the extended vision i think a single weapon slot usage should be fine.

I was suggesting redesigned version of a more powerful version of the standard Enfield at long range and weaker close. So that they do not lose to LMG gren badly.

The in game scope ones has currently 130% more DPS close and 114% far. The number I was looking for was more like 80-90% close to 120-130%.

Allowing scoped and bren on 5 men units without the cover mechanism might not be a great idea.

20 Oct 2019, 23:35 PM

Another idea to try for IS would be to adjust the cover bonuses. So they can get smaller bonuses in yellow cover and better bonuses in green/garrison.

That would make late game A-moving blobs weaker while keeping the defensive role of IS.
20 Oct 2019, 23:39 PM

I agree it's a needed change.
As for names (since we're talking about em) id go with forward observer package. It makes sense with the bonus vision as well as the arty strikes

I do like the idea of the sniper Enfield and a rework on it though I'm not sold on the removal of the cover bonus
20 Oct 2019, 23:48 PM

I agree it's a needed change.
As for names (since we're talking about em) id go with forward observer package. It makes sense with the bonus vision as well as the arty strikes

I do like the idea of the sniper Enfield and a rework on it though I'm not sold on the removal of the cover bonus

Maybe I was not clear. I did not say the should not have the cover bonus but they should not the cover mechanism similar to Smg Tommies.

That would allow a stock option for a more mobile infatry at the cost of being able to upgrade with other weapons.
21 Oct 2019, 00:32 AM

What if UKF gets a mortar Halftruck that the usf gets?
21 Oct 2019, 01:31 AM

While they're at it, they could change the Pyrotechnics symbol from the weird one with Lieutenant Diamonds to the unused version with Binoculars.
21 Oct 2019, 02:26 AM

What if UKF gets a mortar Halftruck that the usf gets?

It will be nice in a doc but for stock lineup, the standard mortar squad is more than enough.
21 Oct 2019, 03:34 AM

If it's going to cost munitions, it should be a WP barrage. That would make it more useful.
21 Oct 2019, 03:40 AM

The M21 MHT was not use by the UKF
21 Oct 2019, 03:42 AM

They did try a UC Mortar-carrier but, if you've ever seen pictures of one, you'll know why it didn't see much use.

*Sorry, I was thinking of the 2-pdr version, which looks like a dog's breakfast. The mortar version looks fine.
21 Oct 2019, 04:56 AM

UKF has the best mortar..L2P with it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight