Has anyone noticed, that Falls were high vetted?! I think Falls with 4 FG42 and Vet 5(!) should win exactly this way! If the Sherman had survived it would have made a huge difference.
And by the way: Doesn't USF have MGs? I couldn' see any...
Profile of VonManteuffel
Post History of VonManteuffel
Thread: Fallschirmjäger is very OP!12 Sep 2019, 09:43 AM
In: COH2 Balance
Thread: Possibly drophack12 Aug 2019, 20:48 PM
Yes, we won. It was a rough match but at the time the game crashed, it was 150 vs 25 VPs for us and we had all 3 Victory Points. They had no infantry left and not time, to cap in time.
But why was the game calculated as a loss for us? This is absolutely depressing.
And we do not like to acuse Crossfire or Zodiak for beeing drophackers, but the timing and the oncomming end was more than odd....
Thread: Possibly drophack12 Aug 2019, 20:07 PM
a few hours ago me and my mate ElZocko had a great game vs. ZodiAK and CrossFire. It took about 1 hour and we almost finished them. They had around 25 VPs left but then the game stuck, me and my mate got the message "Defeat" and the game was counted as a loss.
We absolutely do not know, what happened, but it absolutely seemed to be a drophack.
I do not know if it is possible to check this afterwards via replay, but we want to clarify if cheating or bug abusing was the reason.
Thanks in advance!
Thread: Automatch Stats - Factions, Teams and Maps9 Jul 2019, 09:37 AM
Thank you for the great work!
Map winrates seem pretty interesting. I didn't thought Vaux Farmlands beeing an axis fav map
But my question is, can you tell us how the low SOV winrates come about? Is this because high rates of double OKW? Or are SOV also worse vs double OST and OST/OKW? That would be interesting.
Thread: Requesting that the Ost 251 Forward Retreat Point stay.16 Jun 2019, 18:34 PM
Retreat point feels fine and is not unbalanced cause the lack of heal. Yes, you can reinforce your Grens and PGrens at the front, but e.g. new PGrens without medkit struggle without heal. So it feels fine right now.
Maybe its possible to make the camouflage auto disbale when squads are reinforcing?!
Despite of that, main problem of the "Observation Post" is the pretty damn short range of flares. The idea of setting up the 251, camo it and use flares to recon doesnt work right now. You really have to set it up directly at the front to use the flares properly. But thats on high risk...
So please increase flare range and make the retreat point a real thing!
In: COH2 Gameplay
Thread: Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback25 Mar 2019, 19:43 PM
25 Mar 2019, 18:02 PMSmartie
This doctrine has no offmap ability. I kinda like the idea of Radio, but what about something to call in? Maybe the ability which gives PGs satchels and Pios better repair can be added with vehicle detection for PGs or Grens? The same ability Storm Troopers with Shreck get ;-)
So you get some kind of recon but you still have 1 slot free for some arty or support ability.
Thread: Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback25 Mar 2019, 13:04 PM
Sorry, I miscalculated. It's 175 fuel of course.
@Sander93 that's not true. Almsot 80% of OKW players go Med truck in order to get Mechanized asap.
And even if, almost every Wehr player gets 1 Armored Car out for 30 fuel. So we have to add 30 + 175 = 205 fuel.
If OKW decides to got T2, then we have 20 fuel more for building and then maybe a Luchs for 60 (which by the way is much more durable and better than AC). Thats 80 + 175 = 255 fuel. Thats 50 fuel more, which means around 2 mins later. Again, salvaging not calculated.
I wouldn't call this an advantage of Ostheer.
Thread: Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback25 Mar 2019, 12:31 PM
I don't think, that OST P4J gets the same Vet boni as OKW one.
And your argment with long range values doesn't matter, cause long range only affects max range. No allied player engages your P4 at long range... If anything, short range values should be looked at.
And timing isn't a real issue. Just compare costs:
T1: 10 fuel
Battlephase 1: 40 fuel
T2: 20 fuel
Battlephase 2: 90 fuel
T3: 15 fuel
=> 175 fuel.
1st truck: 15 fuel
Battlegroup HQ: 25 fuel
2nd truck: 15 fuel
Schwere HQ: 120 fuel
=> 175 fuel
Ostheer starts with 15 fuel more, but thats not much in my eyes, especially if you get to salvage some wrecks or weapons as OKW.
Thread: Wehrmacht - Strategic Reserves - Feedback25 Mar 2019, 11:18 AM
According to the new Wehrmacht Commander getting OKW P4 with better armor right from the beginning, I made some comparrisons between OST P4 and OKW P4. They both have the same cannon (Penetration values) but different armor values.
All values are from: https://coh2db.com/stats
Used penetration values are for mid range, cause it's the most common range for fighting.
TLTR: Reduce OKW and OST Vet 2 P4's armor a bit and in exchange increase hitpoints to survive a 5th shot and increase fuel from 140 to 150. That would make a difference between those variants and give you a real choice.
So here we go. All percentages show the chance of penetration. E.g. the USF 57mm AT gun penetrates the OKW P4 with 60% chance, OST P4 with 78%. That means, OST P4 survival chance is 18% worse.
1. The higher armor value of OKW P4 doesnt matter when it comes to allied tank destroyers. They almost all penetrate with 100%. Same could be said about AT guns. The differences are marginal. You don't feel a difference ingame. For example the 6 pounder at gun penetrates OKW P4 with 85% chance. That menas you have a chance of 15% to survive, thats not even every 5th shot.
2. Better armor seems a bit stronger vs allied medium tanks. But even there, almost about 1 in 2 shots penetrates your OKW P4 at mid range. Thats not pretty much. And heavy mediums (T34/85 and Sherman E8) also don't care much about better P4 armor. They penetrate with ~65%, which means 2/3 of all shots fired will penetrate.
3. If you turn tables and look at the penetration values of the German Pak 40 vs T34/85 and Sherman E8 you can see similarities between Pak 40 and 6 Pounder:
Pak 40 vs T43/85 (160 armor): 125%
6 Pounder vs OST P4 (180 armor): 111%
=> Both at guns will always penetrate. The higher armor value doesnt matter.
Pak 40 vs Sherman E8 (215 armor): 93%
6 Pounder vs OKW P4 (234 armor): 85%
=> For having 19 armor more you get 8% higher chance of not getting penetrated. Thats neglectable.
T34/85 does nearly cost the same as OST P4 and Sherman E8 nearly costs the same as OKW P4.
BUT both allied heavy mediums do have more hitpoints, so they survive one more shot! And thats much more important in combat, than having a little bit more armor.
Reduce OKW and OST Vet 2 P4's armor from 234 to 215, to bring it in line with Sherman E8, but increase hitpoints from 640 to 720 and increase fuel from 140 to 150. That would make a huge difference and could help P4 to better compete in late game and would also give you a real choice.
Thread: Thoughts on Panzergrenadiers17 Mar 2019, 10:46 AM
I really appreciate this topic, because I also see your concerns Miragefla!
In my opinion the Wehrmacht pioneers are the pivot. Make them worth buying, give them better close combat qualities and you can build 2 Pios + 2 Grens + MG and you are fine teching T2 getting PGs.
Ost Pios are totally useless for combat at the moment. Even with flamethrowers, they die too quick and don't do any damage. They sometimes even lose versus Soviet engineers or Rear Echelons while having MP40 submachineguns... Thats the reason why Wehr needs minimum 3 Grens, bettter 4 of them (and Allies whine about blobbing/spamming). Just compare them with Royal Engineers. They can get a 5th man, are also close combat with Sten guns, but are way better than Pios. If you manage to get your 4-5 men Royal Engis suqad in cc with a Wehr Grenadier, you really grab them by the pussy!
I don't say they have to be a Sturmpios light version. They just have to be capable of fighting Conscripts, GIs and Tommys in the early game at close, very close range. Penals are more expansive but should also be less potent at close range because semi-auto rifles are not the same as full-auto MPs. Therefore Pios should not be able to extinguish penals in CC but should also do some decent damage.
So when you got your 2 Grens at long range and you get your Pios rushing into CC, you should have a good chance to win in early game. MGs would still be a strong counter, so I don't see any unbalance. We already have Sturm Pios and they are also not an issue.
After 5-6 mins you should then be able to get PGs on the field to replace the pioneers. Cause then USF gets BAR, Tommys get 5 men or Brens an Soviet call in Guards, Shocks or upgrade their Cons with PPSH (Penals have Vet 1 and are a lot stronger then)
In conclusion, buff Pioneers a bit and you get some new meta in eraly game.
For PGs in particular, I would give them a smoke grenade as it was proposed in the last Balance Preview Patch. This would give them a better chance to flank enemy MGs and give the Wehrmacht a better offense ability. That's all I would do with PGs.
In: COH2 Balance
Ladders Top 10