So recently there have been a couple of changes on OKW side. While i do not dispute the fact these were needed, i think some of them were only half-a*s nerfs. Here's a list of OKW units needs some love:
- SPio Schreck. Giving schrecks for Spios was a bad idea on the first place. I would prefer a change where volks could keep the schreck, but a single scheck upgrade would render two member of the squad inactive. If the schreck stays for Spios, then its 90MU price is no longer reasonable. The cold package is no longer relevant, and 90MU weapon upgrade is too much for a 4 men, relatively fragile squad.
True related to SPs weaknesses you described but what can be done? Returning shrecks to volks? Why? OKW it's fine like this. The thing is atm OKW invites you to use combined arms to fight against vehicles until middle game and even beyond. You want to use only SPs as AT solution? Not a good idea, you must combine them with Raketen and volks'pzfausts.
- Raketen ATgun. If you google the word "design flaw", the image of this gun should appear. Its the worst AT gun in the game, with a bunch of useless abilities, so biased people can use those as an excuse. Retreat, cloaking, garrison. The gun has horrible aim speed. Its literally impossible to kill with it anything heavier than a light tank. Even that is debateable. Aim time must be fixed. Retreat never won any fight so far. Cloak no longer provide damage bonus but accuracy boost, which is pretty much useless when your AT can only fire once in a decade. Also the gun crew get wiped out constantly. I think it should be changed to a simple PAK40, 320MP price and locked behind teching. OKW NEEDS a reliable ATgun, and RkW is garbage.
100% agree on raketen awkwardness. It's just bad. But then, again, the solution is to combine it with something else, not use just raketen. Thing is that atm is verry difficult to find the perfect combo in early game so that you won't be weak neither on AT or AI counters...
- ISG. The USF mortar makes this unit looks like a joke. USF mortar must be removed, or ISG rebalanced against it. Most of all, SMOKE SHELLS are needed to counter MGs, since OKW has no direct counter for reasonable price.
Yeah but that it's USF mortar's problem, it doesn't mean ISG needs buffs.
- Obersoldaten. Unit has been nerfed for a while. Its a manpower sink now. The stock unit still doesnt worth 400MP, and get constantly wiped out. Decrease their price to 340MP max. 280MP riflemen already reach terminator vet by the time they first face with obers, and they cut through Obers with their LMGs, like hot knife through butter.
Dunno, I find Obersoldaten still useful. Verry useful. Of course you have to preserve them, but this is a thing you must do with all your units.
- Forward Retreat. Half-a*s change again. Medics are now separated, fuel based upgrade now for this HQ. Why do we still pay 300MP for this? UKF version is 250MP.
No, the problem is that we have to pay for medics. They should be free and heal as before, and if you want to do them heal better, then it should be an upgrade.
- FlakHQ. Please, PLEASE make it possible to switch targets, or prioritize infantries over vehicles. If a tank rolls in forward the HQ, the flak will keep firing the vehicle even if it cannot damage. Penals can walk in and throw satchels on it, because we cannot switch target. F*cked up massively.
Agree,, that would be verry nice but people are still complaining about that FlackHQ. They would cry even more if your proposal will be implemented.
- Flak Half-track. No one ever built this unit since WFA were released. Tells the story...
Disagree. I build it quite often. It depends on how you play, if you try to be a little stronger on AT side and give shrecks to your SPs, build 2 raketen, etc, you will be weaker on your AI counters. That is the case where an AAHT fits quite well....