Login

russian armor

Are people maphacking in this game?

4 Jul 2016, 10:07 AM
Senior Caster Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2016, 22:42 PMVez
I played this game during 1500 hours and I never encountered a cheater once. Plus, cheating in this game is nearly impossible cause of the battle servers iirc. Just a quick reminder, don't accuse someone of using hacks since it's against .ORG rules.

This isn't true. Cheating in this game has been more than possible and fortunately has been progressively dealt with by Relic.

There have been known cheaters even at competitive tournament levels who were found to be using alternate programs. There was also a program application you could buy which was a cheat for the game which to my recollection gave you full map sight.

This was the bigger issue and I believe that this was dealt with and players found to be using it had their accounts banned. I'm not aware of any cheating in this game since just before ESL.
4 Jul 2016, 10:09 AM

Find a way to prove it other than just your gut feeling then we can talk about it.

I've been accused of map hacking. I tell them I am using tracking. Sometimes they believe me, sometimes they just don't.

----------

OP, yes there are map hackers but most definitely less than you think.

You are needlessly projecting so much out of the blue...

But instead of setting up a strawman bogus argument and taking it personal, consider this.

I don't have to find a way to prove it, it was already proven 2 months ago when the ban hammer fell.
4 Jul 2016, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Jul 2016, 00:29 AMRollo

you have played against hackers, it's just there are so little signs

They can see the entire mini map and all units, so there's not much "proof" unless he is stuka barraging you in FoW

lol that allied bias again :clap: because only axis players would maphack........... :rofl:
4 Jul 2016, 10:13 AM
Senior Caster Badge

lol that allied bias again :clap: because only axis players would maphack........... :rofl:

They are probably the only faction that needs to map hack to win :P :lolol:
4 Jul 2016, 10:21 AM

Very true sir, very true! :thumbsup:
4 Jul 2016, 10:22 AM
Patrion 14

You are needlessly projecting so much out of the blue...

But instead of setting up a strawman bogus argument and taking it personal, consider this.

I don't have to find a way to prove it, it was already proven 2 months ago when the ban hammer fell.

how is this personal? are you saying you knew the people got banned were the cheaters before the ban wave? Literally almost all threads relating to cheating were 99% rant, baseless accusations, flaming etc etc. only 1% was genuine question like this thread.thats why public accusations are forbidden in countless forums and people usually "sweep it under the rug" because it isn't really about cheating.
4 Jul 2016, 12:15 PM

The more I play 1v1 and 2v2, the more I suspect people of map hacking on me.
Sometimes it's so weird how some players manage to know exactly where you are heading to and with what, even when nothing is hinting that choice to the other player.

I'm not talking about an obvious path, cover or place.

Now I lurked around here and I read some people talking about map hacks.

So I was wondering if it's becoming a trend?

I know there was a map hack from a very few players, that got banned, I'm asking if it's much more common than we think.

I really want to ask you your rank but not for the same reason other people does.

1)Maphack doesn't make bad players suddenly good, when you aren't good player maphack doesn't win you a game.

2)If watching the replay doesn't show the evidence of maphacking (like someone explained earlier, seeing all your units getting insta-gibbed in the Fow), there are little chances people are maphacking.

3)And if they are, honestly, it doesn't serve them. There are many reasons why someone is bad at playing RTS games.
And one of the reason is a low capability to analyse a given situation in real time => The faculty for a human to analysis any given sources of information, take decision and make the right move following the decision making.
Having few information sometime make it complicated to take the right decision. but the opposite is also true. Too much information can take a lot of time to be compiled into the right decision making and action. And if you are already not enough good to deal with the normal amount of information provided by legal sources (information on field/sounds from the fog of war/intuition/experience etc...), adding new sources will not suddenly make you any better. If you don't know what is the best reaction to a certain situation, seeing the situation from a maphack visibility will not make you taking the right decision.

So it certainly works if you are already good at the game, if you know all the mechanisms and be good a analyzing information, compiling them into decision and make the right move. So this is why the question of you proper rank is important.
If you are a top10-50 player, yes your concerns are serious. If you are not and if watching the replay doesn't show a evident maphacking usage, then you should simply stop bothering with that. there is probably little chance your opponent is using it, and if yes, it doesn't really serve him.

To go further:

Maphacking is an additional source of information that need to be dealt with. But as any player doesn't like and doesn't want to be considerate as hacker, hackers simply try to hide it.
So hackers are facing a situation where they need
1) to compile more information they are usually able to deal with to decide what to do
2) Do the decision making stuff
3) hide their maphack decision making behind a legal decision making aka making sure to not be too obvious on the long run, making sure you can justify your moves behind legal facts.
4) This action of hidden usage of maphacking is in fact an additional layer of skill in the analyse/decision/action => analyse/decision/legal rending/action.
Something a good player will be able to perform, but not bad players. Bad players tend to mainly abuse of arty barrage on units they should be seeing without maphack because the skill required to perform all of this well is too much complexe for them.
4 Jul 2016, 19:24 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hacks exist for all games, but if you think that 75% of people playing at top 400 are cheating (not sure if you were referencing coh or coh2) then i think you are exaggerating a "bit". From +4000 games, i'll say i felt 10 games were i doubt about the legitimacy of the player (half of them against the same duo who were then later banned)

I'll take @Esxile words:
"If you are a top10-50 player, yes your concerns are serious. If you are not and if watching the replay doesn't show a evident maphacking usage, then you should simply stop bothering with that. there is probably little chance your opponent is using it, and if yes, it doesn't really serve him."
4 Jul 2016, 21:48 PM

Accusing people of map hacking in a game after just one game just doesn't make sense, but after you've seen the same guy do it for 10-20 times you're on to something. Once or twice it might be dumb luck but after 10 times I wont be eating that shit myself atleast

For me, after 2600 hours, around 3500 games, of playing this game, so far I have spotted around 5 maphackers, played against them AND on their team (mostly random 2v2, some banned by now)

Just keep in mind that these are top 100 2v2 players i'm talking about
4 Jul 2016, 23:37 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2016, 22:42 PMVez
I played this game during 1500 hours and I never encountered a cheater once. Plus, cheating in this game is nearly impossible cause of the battle servers iirc. Just a quick reminder, don't accuse someone of using hacks since it's against .ORG rules.

The game can be hacked for sure anybody that has convinced you of the contrary is lying to you. Whether or not there are allot of cheaters, that is the real question and that we don't know.
5 Jul 2016, 20:29 PM

I'm glad good players are not blind despite the amount of allied bias around here.
10 Jul 2016, 19:43 PM

Erased because too harsh.
10 Jul 2016, 22:55 PM

Erased because too harsh.

k
11 Jul 2016, 17:32 PM

Apparently I can't have a thread on this topic, so let me just post this:

Additionally check out damned cheaters for educational purposes too.

That's pretty much all I have to say about that. :bananadance:

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS