Login

russian armor

Do even the OKW players understand Wehr?

3 Aug 2016, 09:53 AM

I almost always play 3v3 or 4v4. And in most games my OKW teammates do their hysterical pinging and write "move!" expecting me to perform kamikaze attacks. I understand that some play sides alot - allies and axis - and may not know everything about the other side, but how hard is it for an OKW player to understand that their ally, Wehr infantry, are not assault troops? Grens that run forward shooting will lose out to every other mainline infantry in the game doing the same thing. Rifles have smoke if HMGs await and are five men, conscripts have oorah ability and are six men strong, volks have their new short range guns and are five men, and of course the assault pios that are selfexplanatory by name, and brits are just tough as hell and can man up, double gun up, heal and forward retreat. OKW, US and Brits can all forward retreat. That's a big fucking deal on big maps, alright? How is this so hard to understand I wonder. Grens need to stay still in cover, at range, and be supported at all times. Lose one model and the squad is half-ineffective. So moving forward means knowing what's up ahead, alright, and THEN move. Or it will be gg pretty quickly.

Man I get this almost every game. And then the obligatory noob insults, even in games won, and then the result screen where they had similar ratios and damage (or sometimes theirs are actually way worse). What's wrong with what feels like the majority of this community I wonder.
3 Aug 2016, 10:09 AM

Stop playing random team games if you want to preserve your sanity. Play AT with people you know.
3 Aug 2016, 10:15 AM

Depends on the situation mate. you cannot expect to be defensive all the time.

But yeah sometimes i wanted to throw my screen through window because my random noob buddy does something incredibly stupid like sending in his KT unsupported and losing it in his very first engagement.
nee
3 Aug 2016, 11:44 AM

Well at least you're not the sort of player that has his entire army at base because he wants two more Panthers before moving out. Meanwhile, the team has lost ground because three players fighting four armies isn't as easy as it sounds.
3 Aug 2016, 12:30 PM

quick solution play allies
3 Aug 2016, 12:35 PM

That's probably what you get for playing the easiest side in the lowest skill gamemode.
3 Aug 2016, 12:58 PM

That's probably what you get for playing the easiest side in the lowest skill gamemode.

Easiest side? Check again what year this is. If I wanted to win above all, I'd play brits.
3 Aug 2016, 13:48 PM

Yeah I primarily play 3v3-4v4 random.. :D Just do your thing, let them whine and win the game instead.
3 Aug 2016, 19:20 PM

Easiest side? Check again what year this is. If I wanted to win above all, I'd play brits.

Dunno verry well how is it in 3v3s or 4v4s but brits are very controversial. On 1v1 they are maybe the toughest faction to play while in the other game modes are pretty good if not the best faction so I understand your view if yous ay you play only 3v3 and 4v4.

Game is quite balanced overall may I say. Even allies are now punished by manpower bleed. The notion was unknown to them until the latest patch.

I completely agree to your view related to wehrmacht and I unfortunately saw many players knowing nothing about how they should play wehrmacht in team games. It's a quite complicated and hard to play faction which shows exactly how good is your micro and tactics and does not forgive noobs. OKW is a little more forgiving.
4 Aug 2016, 08:34 AM

Game is quite balanced overall may I say. Even allies are now punished by manpower bleed. The notion was unknown to them until the latest patch.

I admit I haven't played Brits since the last patch, so. Balance patches are for the better of the game but it also changes the playing field constantly.
I guess the game is resonably balanced but I do feel Panther needs something and I wonder what the reasoning is behind Soviet and Wehr not being able to forward base when Brits got it.
7 Aug 2016, 02:20 AM

I admit I haven't played Brits since the last patch, so. Balance patches are for the better of the game but it also changes the playing field constantly.
I guess the game is resonably balanced but I do feel Panther needs something and I wonder what the reasoning is behind Soviet and Wehr not being able to forward base when Brits got it.

"Asymmetrical balance"
7 Aug 2016, 15:20 PM

Ostheer picks a side, bunkers down enemy breaks themselves on you then you advance. Typically how it works. That's why ostheer is very Map dependant since lots of shot blockers and flank routes make it tricky to repel the enemy assault.
7 Aug 2016, 15:38 PM

Lol...you must be high. Check britz and usf.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★