Login

russian armor

Can You Please Fix Churchill Crocs Rear Armor ?

12 Oct 2019, 18:41 PM

They're also all doc-locked and significantly more expensive units, too; of course they're going to be more powerful. It doesn't excuse the churchill sitting far above the curve.

And we are talking about the churchill crocodile, aren't we ? As far as i know, it is doctrinal and cost 230 fuel.

If you want to bring the normal churchill in the argument then dont forget thet KT is stock, too, so the "They're also all doc-locked" need a correction.
12 Oct 2019, 18:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 18:31 PMKatitof

Go read up on patch notes.
Flamer was nerfed so hard in the past that main gun had to have its damage buffed to keep it at current cost.

I already know that, what I ment was, nerf the main gun even further, if people love their damage sponge armor so much, let's balance it in indirect ways
12 Oct 2019, 18:45 PM

I already know that, what I ment was, nerf the main gun even further, if people love their damage sponge armor so much, let's balance it in indirect ways

I stand for correction but i think Churchill croc is about 20% less durable than the stock churchill due to HP. So if wr following your ideas of keep it as damage spong by neft gun, i think it should get buff in HP to match normal churchill ?
12 Oct 2019, 18:46 PM

They're also all doc-locked and significantly more expensive units, too; of course they're going to be more powerful. It doesn't excuse the churchill sitting far above the curve.

LOL Panthers and King Tigers aren't "doc locked"
12 Oct 2019, 18:53 PM

And we are talking about the churchill crocodile, aren't we ? As far as i know, it is doctrinal and cost 230 fuel.

If you want to bring the normal churchill in the argument then dont forget thet KT is stock, too, so the "They're also all doc-locked" need a correction.

Both fair points, not sure how I missed the KT. Regardless, all other heavies had their rear-armor nerfed a while back to at most 140.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 18:46 PMCODGUY
LOL Panthers and King Tigers aren't "doc locked"

Well, the panther is a premium medium with 90 rear armor, and Heavy Sapper already pointed out I missed the KT somehow.
12 Oct 2019, 18:56 PM

Both fair points, not sure how I missed the KT. Regardless, all other heavies had their rear-armor nerfed a while back to at most 140.

Not all, only the ones with potent armament, KV series still enjoys relatively high rear armor, KV-2 lost its rear armor when it had its health increased and main gun massively buffed.
12 Oct 2019, 19:00 PM

As said, all other heavy have significant better gun and front armor, sure they are more expensive and some are doctrinal but they have their own strong to justify the cost an position (stock or doc), so does the chill.
12 Oct 2019, 19:03 PM

As said, all other heavy have significant better gun and front armor, sure they are more expensive and some are doctrinal but they have their own strong to justify the cost an position (stock or doc), so does the chill.

It is literally unbreakable. Normal churchills hp is well justified with a non-potent gun that opens the way of PaKs and PGrens. For croc. good luck with your PGrens and PaKs.
12 Oct 2019, 19:03 PM

sure they are more expensive

Not really, croc cost is in line with tiger, is-2 and pershing.
12 Oct 2019, 19:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 19:03 PMKatitof

Not really, croc cost is in line with tiger, is-2 and pershing.

I was replying about the normal churchill, though.
12 Oct 2019, 19:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 19:03 PMJilet

It is literally unbreakable. Normal churchills hp is well justified with a non-potent gun that opens the way of PaKs and PGrens.

And the stock churchill is balanced that way, though. It have a non potent gun, justify by durability and cost/pop. I dont ask for change with it.

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 19:03 PMJilet

For croc. good luck with your PGrens and PaKs.

If you are using pak and pgren to counter croc then you do it seriously wrong, man. I dont use PIAT sapper to counter hettez for the same reason.

12 Oct 2019, 19:20 PM

If you are using pak and pgren to counter croc then you do it seriously wrong, man. I dont use PIAT sapper to counter hettez for the same reason.

Well that is the point. You need more firepower to melt that HP down. It is simply unfair if it will take me 2 panthers to take down a tank. (Which also can be easily countered by brit at guns).

So in a realistic scenario you have a croc + 2 at guns and plenty of tommies and i got 2 panthers 1 pak 2 pgrens and some grens. You run onto me with your croc, rape my infantry or atg. Then i try to hunt you with panthers. Now i have to dive a 1000+ HP tank with 2 panthers which will be slammed by atgs.

I am not asking for an overnerf for a unit. Just make it less no brainer and punishing when you give your rear to enemy (Spoiler alert : Just like any other heavy tank)
12 Oct 2019, 19:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 19:20 PMJilet
I am not asking for an overnerf for a unit. Just make it less no brainer and punishing when you give your rear to enemy (Spoiler alert : Just like any other heavy tank)

Pretty much. I've yet to see any justification as to why flanking (or really bad plays) should be so unrewarding for this specific heavy, when it's devastating to (almost) every other one (and those others should be looked at, too).
12 Oct 2019, 20:07 PM

Well that is the point. You need more firepower to melt that HP down. It is simply unfair if it will take me 2 panthers to take down a tank. (Which also can be easily countered by brit at guns).

So in a realistic scenario you have a croc + 2 at guns and plenty of tommies and i got 2 panthers 1 pak 2 pgrens and some grens. You run onto me with your croc, rape my infantry or atg. Then i try to hunt you with panthers. Now i have to dive a 1000+ HP tank with 2 panthers which will be slammed by atgs.

Not much to add here - true.
12 Oct 2019, 22:37 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Not stating my opinion in the subject, but the heavy rear nerf was not done equally across the board, cause the intention was to tackle those units which had mobility and firepower mixed with high levels of armor. Sponge tanks with not much bite (Kv series and Churchill) were left untouched. Which is why you can see how when they made the KV2 closer to a Tiger/Brummbear independent of artillery mode, they reduced the rear armor to 120 (from 180).

You can have an argument about the firepower of KV8/Crocodile type of tanks, but then it's a matter of whether or not the price points justifies their performance.
13 Oct 2019, 03:33 AM

In your scenario, if the croc run toward you, 2 panther and a pak can handle it event from the front since panther have enough pen, put your pak far behind and the croc will have a hell of a ride to touch it since it have to face 2 panther fist. Meanwhile, try to close in with infantry from the side, since croc's flame gun can only fire to the front, by doing this, you can get pgren to shoot in the croc's side, or force the croc to expose it side to panther/pak if it want to use flame again your inf, add a faust and the croc will not going any where. Those above are what i can recommend in your scenario but it not necessary the principal of any engagement.

Also, if your enemy support his croc with plenty of AT an infantry then i think he is doing combine arm pretty well, so "no brainer" is not a suitable description.

13 Oct 2019, 04:25 AM

I always considered KV and Churchill have enough bite since they inflict the same 160 damages. Like i suggested, heavy armor high HP tanks, need to define their roles if AI is the focused. Hence the damage should drop to 120.

Another point i say, is rear armor is 50% of tank. Something like panther is 50% with 90 armor. Diving with Panther is no rewarding as it seems. The turret is slow to lock-on with movement accruacy penalty, throwing 2 with 18mp/185fu each is more costly than it looks against meat shield defended with similarly powerful ATG and 60TD.
13 Oct 2019, 04:39 AM

It's normalization, not a nerf random nerf. The June 21st 2016 patch had this specific section:

For some reason the Churchill was missed, and still sits at 180 rear armor - significantly higher than any other heavy, both in terms of raw value, and in terms of front:rear armor ratio.

+1

Although comparing Churchill (even croc) to a tiger or IS2 is kind of unfair. Still think it's rear armor should be lower but just pointing that out.
13 Oct 2019, 05:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Oct 2019, 15:51 PMJilet

Well axis armor and handheld at also has more pen so other allied armor is not a problem but croc can counter all with ease thats why it needs a nerf not others.

No it can't "counter all"

If your opponent has managed to tech hammer AND blow 230f on a croc it's your own fault if you can only afford Pak and shreks. By then you should have a tiger or TA of you own.

Even if you were losing and behind in tech you could easily afford double stug which spit out enough DPS to hard counter it easily.

13 Oct 2019, 05:27 AM

The problem with stugs their dps have been downgraded, while still have lousy pen and range. They no longer help if you are behind. Would save for panther than throw 2 stugs out to die.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★