Login

russian armor

Can You Please Fix Churchill Crocs Rear Armor ?

14 Oct 2019, 06:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 06:49 AMmrgame2
Yes but panther rear half is only 90.
A Churchill has better chance of killing a panther than p4 has killing a Churchill, or a t34/85 has better chance of killing p5 than p4 killing Churchill etc.

Panther has more range and no reason to ever flank a churchill.
How does that translate to churchill having better chance of killing panther in any other scenario then ullus classic reverse attack move?

Also, churchill is slow, heavy infantry tank, panther is speedy premium med with range advantage over everything but its own hard counter.

As i been clamouring for. Panther veterancy of armor skirts is useless these days.

Its not supposed to be helping much for rear armor, it helps with front armor vs meds and generalist heavies.
14 Oct 2019, 06:58 AM

If you charge enemies by R hotkey then Event AEC have a better chance to kill panther than P4 to kill churchill.

After that, I'm pretty sure that mr2 will bring up the issue of panther getting stray shoot in the rear again.
14 Oct 2019, 07:01 AM

Panther can't really max range Churchill unlike its hard counter can. So that's the frustration it needs to move closer and expose its weakass rear half
14 Oct 2019, 07:07 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 07:01 AMmrgame2
Panther can't really max range Churchill unlike its hard counter can. So that's the frustration it needs to move closer and expose its weakass rear half

So, firefly exists, therefore you reverse into churchills range with panther?
That doesn't make any sense what so ever and has potential to be the most stupid argument of the year.
14 Oct 2019, 15:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 07:07 AMKatitof

So, firefly exists, therefore you reverse into churchills range with panther?
That doesn't make any sense what so ever and has potential to be the most stupid argument of the year.

I totally agree that p4 rear shots should penetrate. Stug would be a good idea to counter it but range on stug is a problem. It usually is in range of at guns when shooting at churchil. Since those at guns are decent at dealing with heavies stugs die like flies.
14 Oct 2019, 15:55 PM

I dont think churchills should have a direct counter per se, because their whole design is different from other tanks. It's meant to withstand more than its adversary, namely p4 and stugs, meanwhile dish enough damage to win the clash. It shouldn't though perform as a dedicated TD, heavy tanks should be out of the danger zone of churchills

I know it's off topic but KT had partly this design and it was awful because allied had so much heavy TD options, until the latest patches that buffed the offensive aspect of KT.
14 Oct 2019, 19:01 PM

The widespread exaggeration that Churchills have high mobility is absolutely inaccurate, and deliberately misleading. People should stop centring their discussion on something that is erroneous and incorrect as their argument.
14 Oct 2019, 19:36 PM

Churchills are vey responisive. TBH too responsive. Rear armour shoud be nerfed imo so mediums can penetrate.
14 Oct 2019, 20:41 PM

Flanking any tank should be rewarding, simple. Plus, i thought that all med-heavy tanks rear armour's were being standardised, so ther is no reason for it to have 180 rear armour.
14 Oct 2019, 21:30 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 20:41 PMAlphrum
Flanking any tank should be rewarding, simple. Plus, i thought that all med-heavy tanks rear armour's were being standardised, so ther is no reason for it to have 180 rear armour.

To reward player for flanking the slowest tank in the game with the fastest tanks is like giving a medal in karate competition to a 20yo that defeated a 9yo. Churchill mobility is shit, that's why I believe it was given extra survivability. There is no other tank that is this slow and neutered as churchill. It's main role is not to die and deal some damage. Flanking a fast tank like panther is rewarded with almost certain penetration because it's significantly more difficult to succeed in flanking a panther than it is to succeed in flanking the churchill.

Croc is worse than Tiger, Pershing, IS2, just leave it alone.
14 Oct 2019, 21:46 PM

To reward player for flanking the slowest tank in the game with the fastest tanks is like giving a medal in karate competition to a 20yo that defeated a 9yo. Churchill mobility is shit, that's why I believe it was given extra survivability. There is no other tank that is this slow and neutered as churchill. It's main role is not to die and deal some damage. Flanking a fast tank like panther is rewarded with almost certain penetration because it's significantly more difficult to succeed in flanking a panther than it is to succeed in flanking the churchill.

KT, IS2, kv2 etc, these tanks are slow too, should they have 180 rear armour too?

And regarding the 2nd highlight, its role is not to die? so its supposed to be indestructible according to who? the balance team? and finally, it does do damage, it does INCREDIBLE damage to infantry and support weps, et guns etc, while being average agaisnt tanks and is able to soak up insane damage from the front.

point is, It doesn't need high armour on its rear to be able to exel at its current role. Do you srsly think the croc will be useless or ineffective without high rear armour? answer this question
14 Oct 2019, 21:56 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 21:46 PMAlphrum

KT, IS2, kv2 etc, these tanks are slow too, should they have 180 rear armour too?

And regarding the 2nd highlight, its role is not to die? so its supposed to be indestructible according to who? the balance team? and finally, it does do damage, it does INCREDIBLE damage to infantry and support weps, et guns etc, while being average agaisnt tanks and is able to soak up insane damage from the front.

point is, It doesn't need high armour on its rear to be able to exel at its current role. Do you srsly think the croc will be useless or ineffective without high rear armour? answer this question

KT, IS2, KV2 have a significantly more potent gun and don't have to go through the 50% gamble if they can even pen vetted PIV. Basically every medium tank in the game has better AI than churchill. Was churchill's AI so good, it wouldn't have to get on top of an AT gun to throw a nade at it.
14 Oct 2019, 22:03 PM

KT, IS2, KV2 have a significantly more potent gun and don't have to go through the 50% gamble if they can even pen vetted PIV. Basically every medium tank in the game has better AI than churchill. Was churchill's AI so good, it wouldn't have to get on top of an AT gun to throw a nade at it.

Well no other heavy tank has the premium of 420 blazing flamethrower.
14 Oct 2019, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 22:03 PMJilet

Well no other heavy tank has the premium of 420 blazing flamethrower.

No other heavy tank also has less then 200 pen on main gun at long range, croc boasting a MASSIVE 120.
So, as you can see, that flamer isn't sitting there for free.
14 Oct 2019, 23:52 PM

thought we was talking about the croc? its ai is worse then mediums?? no man wtf. In your earlier post, you said the slow mobility was the reason croc has high rear armour thus i mentioned other heavies and now your changing your reasoning. TBH, its not up to me or you, but the balance team who wer supposed to standardise all mid-heavy tanks rear armour, but have left out a few but will hopefully look at in the future. With rear armour nerfs the croc aswell as the Churchill will still be very viable options.
15 Oct 2019, 00:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Oct 2019, 23:52 PMAlphrum

thought we was talking about the croc? its ai is worse then mediums?? no man wtf. In your earlier post, you said the slow mobility was the reason croc has high rear armour thus i mentioned other heavies and now your changing your reasoning. TBH, its not up to me or you, but the balance team who wer supposed to standardise all mid-heavy tanks rear armour, but have left out a few but will hopefully look at in the future. With rear armour nerfs the croc aswell as the Churchill will still be very viable options.

I think he was responding about the normal churchill because several people talking about it before him and everyone is messing stock churchill and croc churchill in this thread.

I will say, the stock churchill have high survivability because it have inferior main gun compared to other heavy. It's main role is "not to die easily".

In the case of croc, it lose 20% of durable compare to a stock churchill and pay 65 more fuel for a wasp flamethrower stick in it's hull.
15 Oct 2019, 02:34 AM

We have been going in rounds, i think basic issue is when allies got their 60TD buff that we see complains of heavy high hp allies armor, start to pile up.

So we have tanks that can sit further up to disrupt and another to snipe.

Yes there is also unfairness feelings why the rear armor flank is rewarding nerf hasnt been applied to kv and is and Churchill.
15 Oct 2019, 06:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 02:34 AMmrgame2
Yes there is also unfairness feelings why the rear armor flank is rewarding nerf hasnt been applied to kv and is and Churchill.

Its been said thousand times by now, not having potent main guns(200+ pen at long range) means they'll have to make up somewhere else.
15 Oct 2019, 09:38 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Oct 2019, 06:43 AMKatitof

Its been said thousand times by now, not having potent main guns(200+ pen at long range) means they'll have to make up somewhere else.

according to who? its main gun has nothing to do with its rear armour. For its average gun, it has decent armour and very high health pool, that is sufficient enough for its role as a damage sponge, even if it gets flanked with low rear armour, it will still take a long time to be destroyed so its role is unaffected whether it gets flanked or not. You have to also consider the fact axis dont have access to non doc 60 range, high damage, high pen, high accuracy TD's.

15 Oct 2019, 11:06 AM

Check the acceleration and rotation speed of Churchill it is actually very high.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★