Login

russian armor

Returning to CoH2 - Recent faction changes explained

10 Oct 2019, 19:32 PM

Hi folks,

I just returned to playing CoH2 after some time off and see that there have been implemented quite some changes. For example, I see that Panzergrenadiere are now t0 and Genadiers at t1, quite the opposite to what is was in the past.

Have Panzergrenadiers been nerfed or Genadiers buffed? As far as I see from the costs there isnt much of a change...
10 Oct 2019, 20:21 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

they've both been buffed from the time you've played it sounds. However you need battle phase 1 inorder to build the pgrens which delays their deploy time. They're still how you remember I assume though. Pgrens are good at mid-close and grenadiers are good at long.
10 Oct 2019, 20:23 PM

Pgrens got veterancy buffed :banana:

Ass grens were also buffed. Alot of people skip t1 now and go ostruppen, ass grens or just hmgs into fast pgrens.

Grens have 20% damage reduction instead of 20% RA at vet 3 so its a little easier to keep them alive lategame.

Grens still have the best AT snare so its good to have them but there are just other good options for ostheer infantry now.
10 Oct 2019, 21:49 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Hi folks,

I just returned to playing CoH2 after some time off and see that there have been implemented quite some changes. For example, I see that Panzergrenadiere are now t0 and Genadiers at t1, quite the opposite to what is was in the past.

Have Panzergrenadiers been nerfed or Genadiers buffed? As far as I see from the costs there isnt much of a change...

If you want a full changelog just ask which faction you want to know more about.

OH:

The faction got more mp to start with and teching is cheaper. You should check now the values between BP and Tiers as those have been swapped to make T4 more affordable.

Pio got increased vision and the minesweeper upgrade helps with repair rates now.

MG42 is now at T0. Grens were always at T1 (?). PG requires BP1 but that lets you go for 2 MG42 + 2 Pios into PGs and skipping T1 altogether. Same with T2, as you can use PG with shrecks and rush an Ostwind in that way. Ostwdin is REALLY good now.

Grens get a damage reduction at vet3 which lets them survive explosive better at late game.

FHT no longer reinforces after the upgrade.

Ostwind, use it.

T4 is more affordable. Try the Brummbear with attack ground or new PV.

Most call if not all call in tanks now require certain degree of tech. Be careful, you can no longer panic call in a vehicle without tech.
12 Oct 2019, 13:09 PM

Hi folks,

PzGrenadiers have been buffed *AND* moved to T0.
But you can make them there only after battle phase 1 has been researched
(not the building, but the phase).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight