Login

russian armor

Kv2 Underperforming?

28 Sep 2019, 04:57 AM

I agree, I think a reload buff would do alot to make the unit scale better into the late game when other heavy units already start with much better ROF and the Kv2's slow projectile has a slightly increased propensity to miss.

Easly replace the 30% turret rotation with a reload buff at vet 3 (hold the title of being the last tank in the game wit hjout a reload buff with vet). But yeah it's just that, at vet 3 the kv2 is just really disappointing as it dosnt really feel like it hasn't really improved since getting it.

I mean whould you prefer to fight a vet 3 is2, isu or kv2?
28 Sep 2019, 06:24 AM

Easly replace the 30% turret rotation with a reload buff at vet 3 (hold the title of being the last tank in the game wit hjout a reload buff with vet). But yeah it's just that, at vet 3 the kv2 is just really disappointing as it dosnt really feel like it hasn't really improved since getting it.

KV2 is more flexible than ISU and better at defensive play than IS2. In exchange it loses some though not all of the tankiness of the IS2 and the range of the ISU.

The real advantage is that the KV2 synergized especially well with something like the su85 with focus forward.
Defensively the su85 spots and the kv2 bombards. Offensively the kv2 tanks and su85 plays long range support. This flexibility is something neither the IS2 nor the ISU have and it happens to be in a very decent commander as well- urban defense.

Early game urban defense allows for flexible callins to support whatever style you choose. Call the m42 if you are having vehicle issues, call in shocks if you want to push the infantry issue. As a result of this, both tier 1 and tier 2 become viable. Tier 2, stall until shocks using multiple engineers. Tier 1, grab an m42 and skip ptrs on your peniles.

Edit: I also dont know where this idea that siege mode doesnt reduce reload time anymore came from. It does, it just reduces it by 25% now instead of 50% like it used to.
I also disagree that the turret traverse and hp bonus are not good veterancy bonuses. The HP bonus results in a vehicle that is even more durable than a tiger and the traverse buff makes it that much harder to flank- an issue of the stock kv2 if you've used it before.
28 Sep 2019, 07:22 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 06:24 AMSerrith

KV2 is more flexible than ISU and better at defensive play than IS2. In exchange it loses some though not all of the tankiness of the IS2 and the range of the ISU.

The real advantage is that the KV2 synergized especially well with something like the su85 with focus forward.
Defensively the su85 spots and the kv2 bombards. Offensively the kv2 tanks and su85 plays long range support. This flexibility is something neither the IS2 nor the ISU have and it happens to be in a very decent commander as well- urban defense.

Early game urban defense allows for flexible callins to support whatever style you choose. Call the m42 if you are having vehicle issues, call in shocks if you want to push the infantry issue. As a result of this, both tier 1 and tier 2 become viable. Tier 2, stall until shocks using multiple engineers. Tier 1, grab an m42 and skip ptrs on your peniles.

Edit: I also dont know where this idea that siege mode doesnt reduce reload time anymore came from. It does, it just reduces it by 25% now instead of 50% like it used to.
I also disagree that the turret traverse and hp bonus are not good veterancy bonuses. The HP bonus results in a vehicle that is even more durable than a tiger and the traverse buff makes it that much harder to flank- an issue of the stock kv2 if you've used it before.

It's just in my experience with a vet 3 kv2, if I loose it I'm not really fuss about losing the veterancy also I don't feel like the turret rotation does almost anything at vet 3.

Each to their own.

I just say I know that the reload in seige mode is 0.75 but is slightly mitigated due to the fact it is a weapon on its own with a reload of 10-12 seconds.
28 Sep 2019, 07:30 AM

It's just in my experience with a vet 3 kv2, if I loose it I'm not really fuss about losing the veterancy also I don't feel like the turret rotation does almost anything at vet 3.

Each to their own.

I just say I know that the reload in seige mode is 0.75 but is slightly mitigated due to the fact it is a weapon on its own with a reload of 10-12 seconds.

The reload was buffed to 9 seconds. Couple that with 240 damage per shot, and you have slightly low but acceptable DPS which is further aided by its deflection damage.
28 Sep 2019, 07:36 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 07:30 AMSerrith

The reload was buffed to 9 seconds. Couple that with 240 damage per shot, and you have slightly low but acceptable DPS which is further aided by its deflection damage.

When i was working with numerical veterancy, i‘ve asked Harold for some stats, and KV-2 as well. He said, that now reloading in and out of siege is mainly the same, because it is two different guns and reload for them set separately. Now difference in reload time is about 0.25 sec or so iirc.

I may be wrong, but i am realy sure in what i am talking about
28 Sep 2019, 07:51 AM

When i was working with numerical veterancy, i‘ve asked Harold for some stats, and KV-2 as well. He said, that now reloading in and out of siege is mainly the same, because it is two different guns and reload for them set separately. Now difference in reload time is about 0.25 sec or so iirc.

I may be wrong, but i am realy sure in what i am talking about

If they are in fact as you stated two separate guns and thus have two separate stats. First, I'm puzzled why there is an arbitrary .25 second faster reload in siege mode at all. Why wouldnt it be absolutely identical.
Second, if that is essentially the same implementation as pre"change" kv2, the stats were clearly changed with the patch but not done to mirror the desired changes. This is rather odd.
Third, if indeed this is the case then it's something that could and should be hot fixed.

And even if the siege mode does lack the reload bonus it still has the range bonus and coupled with the standard mode buffs, the vehicle still stands on it's own with 300 armor, 50 range, 1200hp, 240 damage per shot with deflection 50% damage(at vet 3).
28 Sep 2019, 08:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 07:51 AMSerrith

If they are in fact as you stated two separate guns and thus have two separate stats. First, I'm puzzled why there is an arbitrary .25 second faster reload in siege mode at all. Why wouldnt it be absolutely identical.
Second, if that is essentially the same implementation as pre"change" kv2, the stats were clearly changed with the patch but not done to mirror the desired changes. This is rather odd.
Third, if indeed this is the case then it's something that could and should be hot fixed.

And even if the siege mode does lack the reload bonus it still has the range bonus and coupled with the standard mode buffs, the vehicle still stands on it's own with 300 armor, 50 range, 1200hp, 240 damage per shot with deflection 50% damage(at vet 3).

The kv2 has 50% deflection damage straight out of the getgo in exchange having it's pen reduced to 140/150/170. If you ment once it was at vet 3.
28 Sep 2019, 09:06 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 07:51 AMSerrith

KV-2 has 2 separate weapons
KV-2_m10_152mm
KV-2_m10_152mm_indirect

Now If I remember correctly both of them have a long reload 10-12 sec and both of them get a reload reduction bonus.

Relic does work in mysterious ways.
28 Sep 2019, 12:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 09:06 AMVipper

KV-2 has 2 separate weapons
KV-2_m10_152mm
KV-2_m10_152mm_indirect

Now If I remember correctly both of them have a long reload 10-12 sec and both of them get a reload reduction bonus.

Relic does work in mysterious ways.

The KV-2 has received the following changes. This unit will still provide considerable defensive presence, but will also function better in an assault tank capacity, and be more effective against enemy armor.

-Population from 19 to 21.
-Rear armour from 180 to 120.
-Weapon penetration from 200/180/160 to 170/150/140
-Deflection damage to 50%
-Siege mode reload bonus from 0.5 to 0.75.
-AOE from 5 to 6
-AOE distance from 1.25/2.5/3.75 to 0.25/1.1/6.
-Veterancy 3 speed bonus replaced with +160 health bonus.
-152mm non-sieged reload from 10/12 to 9.
-152mm non-sieged bypasses terrain.
-152mm non-sieged angle scatter from 7.5 to 5
-Entering and exiting siege mode no longer increases the KV-2s received accuracy and removes its sight during the transition

This was from the December 2018 commander revamp. I do know at least some of the changes got implemented.
28 Sep 2019, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 12:26 PMSerrith

This was from the December 2018 commander revamp. I do know at least some of the changes got implemented.

Yes but the KV-2 had a messed up reload mechanism to being with...although 2 separate weapons they used to have the same reload and one used to get a bonus when in firing indirect.

Current reload values for KV-2 are:
direct 9-9
indirect 0.75*(10-12)= 7.5-9
28 Sep 2019, 13:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 13:07 PMVipper

Yes but the KV-2 had a messed up reload mechanism to being with...although 2 separate weapons they used to have the same reload and one used to get a bonus when in firing indirect.

Current reload values for KV-2 are:
direct 9-9
indirect 0.75*(10-12)= 7.5-9

Odd that wasnt normalized to flat 9 like they wanted it to be. But if that is indeed the case then it should be patched as it is not working as intended.
28 Sep 2019, 13:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 13:41 PMSerrith

Odd that wasnt normalized to flat 9 like they wanted it to be. But if that is indeed the case then it should be patched as it is not working as intended.

Nope this is the intention of MOD team...Do not ask me why.
28 Sep 2019, 18:09 PM

The concept that all tanks should gain a reload is simply flawed. Unit should get bonuses designed for the specific role. KV-2 hits hard even when it does not penetrate and has little reason to hit any harder. It's vet bonuses should focus on it's defensive properties (even if that mean lowering base stat a a bit). Same goes for KV-1 (and 76mm sherman) that gain similar veterancy with the T-34/76 vet bonuses that are OP because there where designed for the T-34/76 and not superior tanks.

Actually a veterancy overhaul is long overdue.

(side note: The croc does not get any bonuses on its main gun nor does the Valentine)
28 Sep 2019, 20:06 PM

Increased reload on the kv-2 could also lead to nasty a nasty increase in AI power that might make it a bit much. I'd rather explore other avenues first.
1 Oct 2019, 23:38 PM

Increased reload on the kv-2 could also lead to nasty a nasty increase in AI power that might make it a bit much. I'd rather explore other avenues first.

i agree with u that why i was thinking remove deploy and redeploy times and it might be worth its cost. or add farther range when planted with more sight and remove minimum shot distance if it still has to deploy ect
1 Oct 2019, 23:58 PM

i agree with u that why i was thinking remove deploy and redeploy times and it might be worth its cost. or add farther range when planted with more sight and remove minimum shot distance if it still has to deploy ect

Ya stationary units with teardown times can be brutal. Most units with them are quite hard to use. A better seige mode would also serve to differentiate it more from the IS2 as right now i would say you use both in basically the same role so you just choose which one you feel is better.
2 Oct 2019, 02:47 AM

I've said it before, but replace the way siege mode works with a barrage mode instead of auto fire. Increase ROF for the barrage. Make it ~ a limited to 1 heavy ml20. If need be lock that behind vet 1
2 Oct 2019, 03:22 AM

I've said it before, but replace the way siege mode works with a barrage mode instead of auto fire. Increase ROF for the barrage. Make it ~ a limited to 1 heavy ml20. If need be lock that behind vet 1

Get the idea but I'm not a fan to make siege mode essentially an upgrade from bunker buster. Also might mean indirect range at vet 2 would need to be re-valuated.

Seige mode needs to be adjusted better (limited range removed, reload set to 9 and teardown time ajusted) something along those lines would help.

Personally still think it's extra rotation at vet 3 isn't needed and should be replaced ( not with a reload buff, wasn't sure how well that would go down with infantry).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★