Login

russian armor

Howitzer Ninja Changes

28 Sep 2019, 02:21 AM

I'm a big fan of the Priest, but after the changes I took it out of my loadout, it's simply too costly for it's performance after the change.
28 Sep 2019, 16:47 PM

They should have reduced the range on the leifh and ml20 instead. The cd killed the Sexton and priest. They take up too much pop for their performance.

Latter two can base rape easily tho.
28 Sep 2019, 17:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Sep 2019, 16:47 PMJilet

Latter two can base rape easily tho.

You can do the same with rocket arty too. In competitive, rocket arty is used more than howitzers.
28 Sep 2019, 21:50 PM

Howitzers take ages to fire now, so they took a huge value nerf.

Their rate of fire and damage was the thing that placed them as an alternative to rocket arty in trade off of their chance to be one shoted by offmaps.

Would run more tests after I finish off my partisans tests
29 Sep 2019, 01:52 AM
Donator 11

Why should'nt he? Axis are in a really good spot for now, always over 50% playing, according to the counter ingame. Pgrens changes, 250 and 251 HT, vet3 gren buff and massive OKW overhaul have made already well-made army into hellish spawn of OPness. I do like play with germans, I am even sort of werhaboo myself, but I'd like me some skills.

As for topic, changes to howitzers seems good enough for me. Pre-patch both ML-20 and LeFH were able to lay continuous area-denial fire or non-stop bombardment on heavvy-traffic area, making easy kills and frustrating enemy. Also, mobile arty spam was a thing.
Now it is more like an offmap arty strike - short, effective, but with big cooldown. However, it almosti killed (IMO) any sort of mobile arty unit, so my guess is to revert chandges for them and do something else to them, like increased scatter or messing with their vet1 abilities.

% of players searching is irrelevant, i promise you no matter how nerfed axis are they will always be popular.
29 Sep 2019, 02:01 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 01:52 AMspajn

% of players searching is irrelevant, i promise you no matter how nerfed axis are they will always be popular.

First part is correct, second part isn't. OKW and UKF releases begs to differ.
29 Sep 2019, 12:26 PM

Yes so that's why my lefh is under perform recently.

Does this apply to saxton and priest? These 2 in 4v4 are cancer.

While i do not like a team game turn into arty spam. This change only make sense if lefh has some brace, to reduce one shot.
29 Sep 2019, 17:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Sep 2019, 12:26 PMmrgame2
Yes so that's why my lefh is under perform recently.

Does this apply to saxton and priest? These 2 in 4v4 are cancer.

While i do not like a team game turn into arty spam. This change only make sense if lefh has some brace, to reduce one shot.

It does, unless you cancel barrages early, which with a Mobile Howitzer can be relevant.
I stopped using Priests after the patch anyway.
30 Sep 2019, 18:13 PM

I don't know why you can't cancel a barrage anymore. I had a game today where I had two occasions of canceling a barrage WAY before my Sexton fired the first round and everytime it put it on cool down. Why was this stupid change introduced?
30 Sep 2019, 18:18 PM

I don't know why you can't cancel a barrage anymore. I had a game today where I had two occasions of canceling a barrage WAY before my Sexton fired the first round and everytime it put it on cool down. Why was this stupid change introduced?

There was a bug where you could fire the first shot and then cancel it but not go on cooldown at some point. So now it's this way
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★