Login

russian armor

How are Infantrysections since patch?

PAGES (16)down
22 Sep 2019, 14:42 PM

There was no single "Sections are still too strong / Sections are to weal now" threat since the patch. This is imo the best indicator that the live sections are fine.
22 Sep 2019, 14:46 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2019, 14:42 PMSmartie
There was no single "Sections are still too strong / Sections are to weal now" threat since the patch. This is imo the best indicator that the live sections are fine.

+1
22 Sep 2019, 14:46 PM

Its not, the reason there is no thread is the low player-base of birts
22 Sep 2019, 15:00 PM

Another idea would be to decrease cost to 260 for tommies but they always come with 4 men and have to reinforce after bolster. That would make them better balanced before and after bolster while it would reduce the benefits of rushing bolster.

AT tommies can start with 5 men.
22 Sep 2019, 16:19 PM

You’d have to rework the entire faction, otherwise live brits and stock flamethrowers & land mattress is too much.

I dont think that is the case, Im forced 90% of the times to go avre because of the flamethrower, I dont see myself playing without it and it isnt as strong as it sounds, and I wasnt thinking on a land mattress, I was thinking in a normal mortar like most factions
22 Sep 2019, 16:47 PM

I think we should try non doc flamethrowers 1st. We can always change it if it does not work out. Ukf needs assault infantry.
22 Sep 2019, 16:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2019, 14:46 PMmadin2

Its not, the reason there is no thread is the low player-base of birts

You are right, since most of the thread about UKF not get much attention, except for OP/neft required thread.
22 Sep 2019, 16:53 PM

I think we should try non doc flamethrowers 1st. We can always change it if it does not work out. Ukf needs assault infantry.

While stock flame is very nice, i think it wont work out that well since UKF still lack smoke outside pits.
22 Sep 2019, 17:10 PM

I still find their cover mechanics to be a complete gimmick. Also, they are still too strong early game as the 3-4 section tommie blob can't be stopped by anything early game shy of an mg. I have had pretty good results with this strategy, supported by a bren carrier. I believe I saw this on Siberian's stream recently too, where he was basically bullied off the map by tommie blob early game, which just parked on his cutoff, something OKW could not deal with.

Other than that, they seem fine. Late game I found vet 3 grenadiers to be able to fight them effectively. Volks struggle vs them.
22 Sep 2019, 18:29 PM

Not on .org.
We have like what?
3 UKF players here?
There are multiple threads about sections on other boards.
22 Sep 2019, 18:50 PM

Personally I'd say Inf Secs are in an ideal place, although not a fan of the damage/accuracy changes, I understand why it was done and it keeps them viable from early to late game.

I see rework suggestions for how pyrotechnics and meds and limiting them to 1 weapon upgrade, I think that would be counter-productive especially if you remove the cover bonus unless you make their stats the cover bonus or near it. For now, keep them as they are unless another faction is getting a major rework as they are still prone to early assault troops, assault grens and sturmpios with the assault upgrade being 70 muni preventing any early counters however beating grens out in 9/10 cases.

I understand some of what I say may be flawed as I am not a major axis player however I have a good feel for the UKF
22 Sep 2019, 19:04 PM

As a 1v1 player tommies are too bad right now, yes nerf needed but now too weak, cant even handle with ost pio. only problem is tommies only squad to figt n u cant nerf them too hard like this, if balance team doesnt fix this soon enough UKF will be a dead faction again.
22 Sep 2019, 19:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2019, 19:04 PMFelix
As a 1v1 player tommies are too bad right now, yes nerf needed but now too weak, cant even handle with ost pio. only problem is tommies only squad to figt n u cant nerf them too hard like this, if balance team doesnt fix this soon enough UKF will be a dead faction again.

There are still reconnaissance sections in the gamefiles, just saying. Maybe this unit could be incorporated by the mod team in UK's core army. Unit could play the role of JLI then.
22 Sep 2019, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Sep 2019, 16:19 PMLuciano

I dont think that is the case, Im forced 90% of the times to go avre because of the flamethrower, I dont see myself playing without it and it isnt as strong as it sounds, and I wasnt thinking on a land mattress, I was thinking in a normal mortar like most factions

+1

I think sections are fine for their role now, but the bigger issue now is that brits have extremely limited nondoc options and now most of their crutchy BS is gone. Nondoctrinally, they have no mobile indirect (neither mortars nor rockets), no flamers, no actual CQC/assault infantry (exacerbated because sections are even worse at mobile fighting now), no anti-infantry light vehicle, and extremely limited smoke options in the early/midgame (it's literally just mortar pit and those aren't competitive). They have hardly any unit variety nondoctrinally at all and still get hardcountered by turtling and indirect spam because of it.
23 Sep 2019, 02:32 AM

As someone said above, give them 0.85 size out of cover. Currently, being out of cover seem too punishing while stay in cover not too rewarding.

If we come to remove the cover mechanic then infantry sections's performance can stay somewhere between old out and in cover values, with 5 man from the stat.
23 Sep 2019, 10:28 AM

slight rework on how cover bonuses work, small but imo, significant changes

remove cover bonuses from base sections, buff them to be equal to grens, brits pay 40 more mp for that 0.9 natural RA, so they dont get completely asswiped by charging pioneers and sturmpioneers out of cover charging them from max range. these guys should be at least able to handle themselves at short ranges similar to other rifle infantry.

rename bolster squads to veteran sergeants/whatever. this is where the +1 squad member comes in with cover bonuses inclusive. then buff/nerf cover bonuses as accordingly to smooth out mid/late game powerspikes from falls, STGvolks, LMG grens.
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS