Login

russian armor

Maxim improvement ideas.

19 Sep 2019, 02:58 AM
Senior Modmaker Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 02:04 AMmrgame2
Any stronger maxim, we need to look at wehr counter
Right now, they are just enough to handle maxim.
And again i disagree maxim spamming is because of poorer suppression
Spamming is to make use of its fast reposition and higher model counts.

Come on now...

The options for Wehr vs Soviet MG are the same options for Soviet vs Wehr MG: mortars, snipers, and flanking.

As a bonus for Wehr, if Soviets have Maxim out, that player probably doesn't have a sniper for countersniping, allowing you to fully utilize Ostheer sniper's fast rate of fire.

Why should Ostheer counters against Maxim need to be any more effective than Soviet counters against MG42?
19 Sep 2019, 07:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 02:51 AMmrgame2
Because maxim has fastest reposition times, it is silly to make it suppress any stronger.

Besides as tested by our friend Harry, maxim has better far suppression and pin times than the supposedly Super mg42.

Ain't far suppression and pin times very important, or more important. Many times allies can crawl up and drop a nades on mg42. Nades > rifle nades.

Your claim of maxim have "significant" faster reposition time is a fucking lie because maxim setup time has been the same 3s like all other mg since fucking 2 years ago. Maxim Simply pack up barely faster the others, and then that is when deadloop kick in.

And in hary's test, you ignored that mg42 suppress the center squad faster than maxim, which mean if you actually fucking micro your ng42 to switch target after suppress, mg42 work muck better, combine with a fucking wide arc meaning you dont event have to reposition to switch between multiple targets.
19 Sep 2019, 07:20 AM

Yes is significantly faster reposition times, at least in comparison to claims maxim have significantly worse suppression.
Barely? Who's lying now...
Deathloop only comes in if grens are better at close mid dps, which they are not..

Even by ratio, maxim have better ratio suppress far than mg42 has centre. Then there is pin which maxim is significantly better. Pin or suppression is better?

About switching targets, always a chance it becomes amove reposition add to mg42 slowest packup and slowest ready aim time, you can see hmg42 is not all roses unlike the claims...

So the claims of maxim not doing its job as mg is not correct... does it need any more buff than the recent free one...i just cannot fathom

19 Sep 2019, 07:31 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 07:20 AMmrgame2

About switching targets, always a chance it becomes amove reposition add to mg42 slowest packup and slowest ready aim time, you can see hmg42 is not all roses unlike the claims...

So the claims of maxim not doing its job as mg is not correct... does it need any more buff than the recent free one...i just cannot fathom

Maybe give SU mg-42 as stock mg, but call it "SG-43" with the same stats as MG-42 (4 man and e.t.c). All will be happy - germans will be not fight against 6 man HMG, SU got what they want. All happy. 2 birds - 1 stone.
19 Sep 2019, 07:48 AM

Yes is significantly faster reposition times, at least in comparison to claims maxim have significantly worse suppression.

Did you really read hary's test ??????? mg42 suppress center and near squad faster than maxim.

What is the meaning of reposition 1s faster if you suppress 1s (usually more) slower? Not to mention while repositioning, you taking dmg.

Deathloop only comes in if grens are better at close mid dps, which they are not..

Yet panzergrenadier and gwr 34 mortar exist.

Even by ratio, maxim have better ratio suppress far than mg42 has centre. Then there is pin which maxim is significantly better. Pin or suppression is better?

In blob control, suppress the blob is priority. You suppress a squad then switch to next squad to suppress it, then repeat,

It happen to any MG, a change of miss click in the open. Take garrison in to account, when accidentally reposition not happen, switch target whork best with mg42. Not all rose, but still, more rose than anyone else.

If you consider maxim THIS PATCH is doing it jobs then why asking mg42 buff while it already did it jobs the whole time ? An allies unit finally can did it job after years, then it's axis counterparts suddenly need buff ????
19 Sep 2019, 08:44 AM

What significantly faster reposition times?
It can escape faster, it deploys as fast as other HMGs.

That would still be you.

Incorrect, deathloop comes if first model can be killed quickly(hi rifle nade) and sustained DPS can be applied to model trying to take over(hi LMG42).

Unit with lower suppression pins slower too.
Maxim applies LOWER suppression over the same time as HMG42 does.
You are arguing against stats.

Go open mod tools or patch notes and compare them, because you're as clueless as always.

Based on what?
Your delusions and denials?
If maxim was doing its job, it would be used.
Its as simple as that.
19 Sep 2019, 08:48 AM

Suggestion 2: Garrisoning maxims is usually one of the strongest ways to use them, which prevents them from being deathlooped. I have seen mods utilise buildings from engineers that can be garrisoned by mgs, so what about a low health small outpost build by CEs that maxims can garrison?

Vs Okw this doesn't work very well as if there is the slightest delay in firing a volk squad can get up to the building to flame nade it.
19 Sep 2019, 10:45 AM

Yeah when I play okw I’ll clear garrisons with the power of my credit card.
actually u can't clear 2 stories house with flame nade :snfPeter: it will only affect the base one if the mg is up they ae fine :snfPeter:
19 Sep 2019, 11:05 AM

actually u can't clear 2 stories house with flame nade :snfPeter: it will only affect the base one if the mg is up they ae fine :snfPeter:

Then I guess its good that about 97% of all on-map buildings are single story, making that disadvantage almost completely irrelevant as an argument :snfPeter:
19 Sep 2019, 11:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 11:05 AMKatitof

Then I guess its good that about 97% of all on-map buildings are single story, making that disadvantage almost completely irrelevant as an argument :snfPeter:
no i mean fix the bug
19 Sep 2019, 11:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 11:05 AMKatitof

Actually its around 97,42% of all on map buildings.
19 Sep 2019, 12:35 PM

And in hary's test, you ignored that mg42 suppress the center squad faster than maxim, which mean if you actually fucking micro your ng42 to switch target after suppress, mg42 work muck better, combine with a fucking wide arc meaning you dont event have to reposition to switch between multiple targets.
maxim actually does not need to switch now thanks to the recent changes
Nearby suppression radius from 13 to 15
Nearby suppression multiplier from 1 to 1.1

and at least at range 15 they suppress at the same time

at max range mg42 is 0.2 second faster

here is maxim vs mg 42 at range 35 https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ImperfectRemorsefulArkshell-mobile.mp4
19 Sep 2019, 14:45 PM

Judging by henrys numbers the mg42 suppresses almost a second faster than the maxim...

Thats on top of the other features stated in my counterargument there
19 Sep 2019, 14:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 14:45 PMgbem
Judging by henrys numbers the mg42 suppresses almost a second faster than the maxim...

Thats on top of the other features stated in my counterargument there
well i literally posted a video, u don't get more proof than that, and btw i said increase suppression if it does not fell right but increase set up time too so it does not get A-moved like before

edit: and seems like henry might be bugged , he is using cheat mod ver 1.0 not the 2.0, in fact seems like aoe suppression does not work for allied mg for him while as i posted in the 2.0 u can literally see the suppression %
19 Sep 2019, 14:55 PM

Can you publish numbers like henry did?... we dont exactly have the best tools to measure decimals of seconds... something that can do frame by frame analysis.. likewise by the appearance of the test the maxim seems to suppress around a second longer than the 42
19 Sep 2019, 15:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 14:55 PMgbem
Can you publish numbers like henry did?... we dont exactly have the best tools to measure decimals of seconds... something that can do frame by frame analysis.. likewise by the appearance of the test the maxim seems to suppress around a second longer than the 42
the timer for the video is there
19 Sep 2019, 15:31 PM

the timer for the video is there

i did... thats how i came up with "around a second"

the first volk 0:11 while the second was suppressed at 0:13...

assuming that the video rounds all numbers i use a rounded up value for the first volk/mg42 (suppressed at 12 second mark) and a rounded down value for the second volk/maxim (13 second mark) in order to portray the "worst possible scenario"

hence the difference in suppression time judging by that video between the maxim and mg42 is between 1 second at "worst" and 2 seconds at "best"
19 Sep 2019, 15:39 PM

are u for real ? they suppress both in 1 second did u even watch the webm ? there is between a 0.2 to a 0.5 difference not 2 second
19 Sep 2019, 15:40 PM

are u for real ? they suppress both in 1 second did u even watch the webm ?

i used the time difference between the first volk and the second volk getting suppressed... check the 0:11 second mark and you will see the first volk being suppressed with the second suppressed at 0:13
19 Sep 2019, 15:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post19 Sep 2019, 15:40 PMgbem

i used the time difference between the first volk and the second volk getting suppressed... check the 0:11 second mark and you will see the first volk being suppressed with the second suppressed at 0:13
use the in game timer not the gif one, 26:35 mg42 suppresses, 26:36 maxim suppresses
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★