Login

russian armor

Inconsistencies

29 Oct 2019, 09:20 AM

Axis MG42 don't need vet to do AP ammo.
Same thing.

MG42 and MG34 have no AP rounds at vet 0, but get it as vet 1 ability.

50 cal can toggle AP rounds without vet and gets 10% extra suppression at vet 1.
6 Nov 2019, 14:37 PM

After testing in cheat mode it seems that HMG retreat speed is inconstant.

Dshk/0.5/Maxim move faster than HMG-42/Vickers.

RW seems to be the slowest during retreat.

I have to guess that they use the speed of the weapon and not of the crew.
13 Nov 2019, 10:53 AM

76mm 0.50 upgrade cost 10 munition less than other 0.5 while having superior stats.
13 Nov 2019, 12:45 PM

Ok, I have 1 inconsistency, JLI vs pathfinders. These units have significant differences, but it doesn't change the fact that 75% crit + 50% ambush accy bonus is so much better than either double 40% crit or arty. Even if you buy the pathfinders double BARs they will lose to the JLIs most of the time long range, especially when both squads are vetted. If you try to close in on them, they will drop your models and you'll lose the engagement anyway, pathfinders are simply inferior, even if upgraded. JLI also have better formation reducing unfortunate targeting out of cover of a single model that the V-formations of pathfinders or grenadiers suffer from.

I appreciate Pathfinder arty, it's very solid for its price, but I would also appreciate if USF had a single infantry group that could ambush/punish OST sniper as for now they can't. OKW can build a kubel, pull an ambush with JLI or Falls. Ost has a myriad ways of punishing a sniper too, while SOV and Brits are fine as they can do a countersnipe themselves. This is more of a 2v2 issue as the only option you are left with vs sniper is to pull a significant flank, which may not work depending on enemy skill level or play with M20/AA halftrack. Pathfinders do not benefit from ambush bonus and can't knock out enemy sniper from afar the way JLI can, even with double BARs.

Also if IR STG Obers insta-detect camo'd units, why can't the IR pathfinders? ty Someguy

As for now JLI are only under control because you get 100s cooldown on calling them, so most players get only 1 or 2 squads of them. They are still super strong for 280MP + 60MU inf squad though. If the cooldown was shorter people would spam them again simply because of how strong the 75% crit is. If you want a bad solution to the fallschirmjager problem just slap 100s cooldown on calling them in. They will still be overperforming but will not break the game as that's just 1 squad.

Pathfinders should receive ambush bonus accuracy like JLI do. Even if pathfinders were a mirror copy of current JLI with their timing, requirements and unable to pick weapons from the weapon rack, nobody would miss the old pathfinders simply because JLI are stronger in 90% of circumstances.

/justified QQ

someone forget to tell us that pathfinders have a ability to settle down a free stealth reinforce point everywhere they want with no cd and build in like 2 sek.
13 Nov 2019, 12:53 PM

someone forget to tell us that pathfinders have a ability to settle down a free stealth reinforce point everywhere they want with no cd and build in like 2 sek.

Someone forgot that reinforce point affects exclusively paras and can be destroyed in 2 seconds by pios.
13 Nov 2019, 13:00 PM

Can we try to keep it about inconsistencies and not balance?
13 Nov 2019, 13:34 PM

That is another inconsistency - free vision bonus and too spammable. Should cost munitions.
13 Nov 2019, 13:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2019, 12:53 PMKatitof

Someone forgot that reinforce point affects exclusively paras and can be destroyed in 2 seconds by pios.

thats not true. it count for paras and pathfinders and i even managed to reinforce pak howie teamweopaon there (seems like all teamweaopons which are recrewd by pathfinders/ paras
13 Nov 2019, 14:23 PM

thats not true. it count for paras and pathfinders and i even managed to reinforce pak howie teamweopaon there (seems like all teamweaopons which are recrewd by pathfinders/ paras

Definitely doesn't work for Pathfinders, only for Paratroopers (and Paratrooper crews). Otherwise you should provide a video and report it as bug.
13 Nov 2019, 18:36 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

That is another inconsistency - free vision bonus and too spammable. Should cost munitions.

While i have never liked the concept of them, it's not a inconsistency. Outside of the fast deployment.

Overwatch flares have no cost and can be planted by a wider array of units.
Early warning is passive recon as well.

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Nov 2019, 10:53 AMVipper
76mm 0.50 upgrade cost 10 munition less than other 0.5 while having superior stats.

Outside of Total DPS while static, i just found that most MG upgrades have their values to be all over the place while moving, rather than been the usual 50% less DPS.

OH and OKW tanks bar KT.

Accuracy 0.6
Burst 0.5
Cooldown 0.25

KT: 0.4/1.0/1.0

IS2/ISu152: 0.5/0.5/0.25

M4C Sherman/76mm: 0.65/0.5/0.25

E8/Normal Sherman/Bulldozer: 0.375/1.0/1.0

This is not checking from tools but the outdated coh2db stats but i don't remember there been any changes to them.
18 Nov 2019, 08:09 AM

DShK anti-armor could use a boost, it's the largest caliber machine gun of any faction and yet it's barely better than an MG 42 (which makes up for the lower penetration with a high rate of fire). The DShK and M2 with Armor Piercing rounds are both inferior to the MG 34 with Armor Piercing Incendiary, and the MG 42 is in a league of it's own with that shit.

Just consider that Allies fight lightly armoured 222/flame HT/flack HT and Axis fights higher armour T70/AEC/Stuart

Although MGs countering T70 AEC Stuart would be op and lead to MG spam I think the allied MG app performance should be toned down as they can easily kill all whermachts light vehicles with 2-3 bursts

It to me seems inconsistent that AP rounds don't counter Luchs AEC Stuart T70 but can counter USF AA HT and OKW flack HT, 222 and 251 HT
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Korea, Republic Of 5
unknown 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment