Range near/Range mid/Range far 0/45/60
M36:
Range near/Range mid/Range far 0/30/60
Elephant:
Range near/Range mid/Range far 0/35/70

Ohh, I always thought they all had 70 range. Silly me~
20 Sep 2019, 15:09 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

TBH, most of the latest post are barely inconsistencies, in the sense that all those units are supposed to have different performances.

Mobility, popcap, accuracy, etc. If you think that is a balance issue, open a thread specifically about that.

Inconsistency would be, 2 EQUAL abilities having completely different performances even when they are meant to do the same and are acquired in similar fashion. You should also take into account the CONTEXT, if not, we would be listing the whole game which would dilute from ACTUALLY fixing things.

Ex: mark vehicle/target on vehicles across the board (after further thinking and comparing, this could be brought to equal level in same fashion as changing sprint + acc buffs abilities). Blitz/Combat blitz/Light vehicles overdrives. AP vs IR. HVAP vs AP rounds vs Heat shells. Etc.

Explaining it.
LMG Paras suppression is an ability acquired through purchasing the 1919s. Comparing to Obers suppressing ability is like comparing OKW volley grenade to say Assault grenadiers same abilitiy.
20 Sep 2019, 15:25 PM

Explaining it.
LMG Paras suppression is an ability acquired through purchasing the 1919s. Comparing to Obers suppressing ability is like comparing OKW volley grenade to say Assault grenadiers same abilitiy.

Paras suppression ability has literally no CD. It can be used as long as you have munition to spare.

Churchill have more than 2 times the acceleration of KV-1 is an inconsistency and not a balance issue.
20 Sep 2019, 16:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 15:25 PMVipper

Paras suppression ability has literally no CD. It can be used as long as you have munition to spare.

Churchill have more than 2 times the acceleration of KV-1 is an inconsistency and not a balance issue.

Obers ability has no cd. It has no cost. Why? Cause they have it passively on their Kar98 and in the case of the IR STG.

You could have made your point clear and without bias, if you said: Look here we have an ability with no cd. Look here we have an ability which is free.
Nope, you just needed to put !! markers on what you wanted to remark instead of making it free for interpretation.

The difference in both is that one is part of the upgrade (1919 giving suppression vs Thompson "Assault") and the other is part of their passive abilities and vet.
You want them to be consistent: make Paras have a cd vs removing suppression on Obers at vet 0, reducing the cd and giving it a similar cost.

If you can't spot the difference between balance and inconsistency I am sorry but I can not help you. Have a nice day anyway.
20 Sep 2019, 16:55 PM

Obers ability has no cd. It has no cost...

That is inaccurate, Ober's ability has a CD of around 70 second after the ability is out.
20 Sep 2019, 17:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 14:32 PMVipper
Firefly ranges:
Range near/Range mid/Range far 0/45!!!/60
M36:
Range near/Range mid/Range far 0/30/60
Elephant:
Range near/Range mid/Range far 0/35/70

If you're mentioning its mid range as inconsistent, why won't you mention its reload speed too? Its inconsistent and should be 2 seconds faster.

But then again, are you looking for inconsistencies or being extremely nitpicky about everything that isn't mirrored to each other?

Because FF itself is anything but consistent with other TDs.
20 Sep 2019, 18:08 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post20 Sep 2019, 16:55 PMVipper

That is inaccurate, Ober's ability has a CD of around 70 second after the ability is out.

Reading comprehension. I was purposely not referring to the vet 5 ability, but their CAPABILITY to add suppression to units through either their Kar98s and IR STG upgrade.

Which is why i don't think that their suppression abilities are comparable at all, cause the context of both units is completely different. One is a vet ability which further improves their passive capabilities and the other one is a cost muni based ability only obtained as part of the 1919 upgrade.
20 Sep 2019, 18:17 PM

Reading comprehension. I was purposely not referring to the vet 5 ability, but their CAPABILITY to add suppression to units through either their Kar98s and IR STG upgrade.

Which is why i don't think that their suppression abilities are comparable at all, cause the context of both units is completely different. One is a vet ability which further improves their passive capabilities and the other one is a cost muni based ability only obtained as part of the 1919 upgrade.

Writing comprehension.
You clearly write: "Obers ability has no cd. "
The text is at the least unclear so there is not need to blame the reader.

Obers ability has no cd. It has no cost. Why? Cause they have it passively on their Kar98 and in the case of the IR STG.

Again my point is that one ability has literally no CD the other has around 70 sec that is an inconstancy.

The fact that Obers have suppression in their weapon is another inconstancy and it should also be removed, (unless it is necessary for the ability to work, and probably that is not the case. It was probably necessary when the suppression was passive)
20 Sep 2019, 18:45 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I guess you only read titles on newsletters and not the context of the news. If you want i can put "ability to suppress".
21 Sep 2019, 08:01 AM

Sturm Offizier
Force retreat: Cost 60
Veterancy:
Veterancy 1: Reduces cost of all abilities by 10 munitions
Veterancy 2: Increases squad size to 5, +10 to ability range
Veterancy 3: +40% Accuracy
Veterancy 4: -29% Received Accuracy
Veterancy 5: -25% Weapon Cooldown, Offizier switches to an StG 44

Commissar Squad:
Propaganda Barrage ability: cost 45
-Veterancy 1: Increases squad size by 1. Adds a Guard model.
-Veterancy 2: +40% weapon accuracy. Increases Propaganda, Stand Your Ground, and Fight to the Death range by 5.
-Veterancy 3: -29% weapon cooldown, - 23% Received Accuracy.
21 Sep 2019, 09:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post21 Sep 2019, 08:01 AMVipper
Sturm Offizier
Force retreat: Cost 60
Veterancy:
Veterancy 1: Reduces cost of all abilities by 10 munitions
Veterancy 2: Increases squad size to 5, +10 to ability range
Veterancy 3: +40% Accuracy
Veterancy 4: -29% Received Accuracy
Veterancy 5: -25% Weapon Cooldown, Offizier switches to an StG 44

Commissar Squad:
Propaganda Barrage ability: cost 45
-Veterancy 1: Increases squad size by 1. Adds a Guard model.
-Veterancy 2: +40% weapon accuracy. Increases Propaganda, Stand Your Ground, and Fight to the Death range by 5.
-Veterancy 3: -29% weapon cooldown, - 23% Received Accuracy.

These are 2 completely different abilities if that's what you're trying to label as "inconsistency".
But I agree with 2nd part, sturm officer ability range bonus should be lowered.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 30
unknown 23
Mexico 15
Germany 809
New Zealand 10
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W