Login

russian armor

Jagdtiger not reliable anymore?

13 Sep 2019, 16:20 PM

and that would result in a broken unit.
ok so a unit that cost more would be broken if it beat a unit that cost less........

should we remove some base damage from rifle and put it at vet 3 ?

a 315mp long range unit can't beat a 300 mp mid range unit, at long range

just so u know the soviet commissar beats volks from vet 0 and has way more utility while costing the same

refer here https://www.coh2.org/topic/97526/sturm-officer
13 Sep 2019, 16:54 PM

A valid point, but it was a rather last minute change and the Elefant is (imo) a proven concept. I honestly don't know what else could've been done to make the unit more attractive without making it overpowered again.

Looking at the release notes and testing in game, I have a few questions.

• Are the veterancy requirements the same as the Elephant (vet levels 1-3 at least)?
  • Does Vet 2 now give the JT 20% more Acceleration like the Ele receives?
  • What does the 60 Munition engine upgrade do now?
  • What does Vet 5 do?
  • Were any changes made to the Supporting Fire ability?

13 Sep 2019, 17:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 16:54 PMSully
  • Are the veterancy requirements the same as the Elephant (vet levels 1-3 at least)?

The Jagdtiger has slightly higher requirements due to its higher cost and performance.
Elefant has 3880/7760/15550
Jagdtiger has 4500/9000/18000

As of right now, the Jagdtiger does not get the same mobility veterancy bonuses as the Elefant. We'll have to get a good feel for its new mobility and power level before making further adjustments.

It increases the maximum speed while the Jagdtiger is out of combat, to allow it to reposition more quickly (line is missing in the patchnotes).

• What does Vet 5 do?

Vet 5 now gives +160 health.

No changes.

13 Sep 2019, 17:06 PM

snip

Thanks for the info as always! I can't say I agree with the vet requirement differences (which are significant in my view) since vet levels 1-3 are technically worse than the cheaper Ele. One last question I have is:

• Why do all three trucks need to be converted before a JT can be called it? Intended?
13 Sep 2019, 17:34 PM

and why it's 15 cp ? it's the same as elephant ans isu 152 right ?
13 Sep 2019, 18:27 PM

Looking at the release notes and testing in game, I have a few questions.

• What does Vet 5 do?

Supporting fire:

It has roughly 4x the area as the Greyhound's cannister fire. They compensated for the 4x area by making the ability active long enough for 3-4 shots, giving it 70 range, and allowing it to shoot into the fog of war at 70 range. At least the price is the same as cannister fire. If you get bored, try a 4v4 and use this and Assault Arty and see how well you can rek shit. It really should have had world-piercing also. I can see why players call it garbage./sarcasm

The only thing about this that doesn't seem crazy good is requiring all three trucks and 15 CP.
13 Sep 2019, 19:01 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 18:27 PMGrumpy

Supporting fire:

It has roughly 4x the area as the Greyhound's cannister fire. They compensated for the 4x area by making the ability active long enough for 3-4 shots, giving it 70 range, and allowing it to shoot into the fog of war at 70 range. At least the price is the same as cannister fire. If you get bored, try a 4v4 and use this and Assault Arty and see how well you can rek shit. It really should have had world-piercing also. I can see why players call it garbage./sarcasm

The only thing about this that doesn't seem crazy good is requiring all three trucks and 15 CP.

To clarify, it's not a timed ability, it fires a set number of shots every time assuming you do not give it another command mid barrage. 3 at vet 0, 5 at vet 1. The main issue with it is its inconsistency finding the target. If it's a totally open firing lane with not even a hint of debris/shot blockers it can be good, otherwise a lot of the shots collide with objects/terrain early and do nothing.

Doesn't matter though, they're not going to change it now so no point discussing its merits. It is what it is.
13 Sep 2019, 19:17 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 18:27 PMGrumpy
They compensated for the 4x area by making the ability active long enough for 3-4 shots, giving it 70 range

Supporting Fire actually has 95 range.
13 Sep 2019, 19:59 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post13 Sep 2019, 19:01 PMSully

To clarify, it's not a timed ability, it fires a set number of shots every time assuming you do not give it another command mid barrage. 3 at vet 0, 5 at vet 1. The main issue with it is its inconsistency finding the target. If it's a totally open firing lane with not even a hint of debris/shot blockers it can be good, otherwise a lot of the shots collide with objects/terrain early and do nothing.

Doesn't matter though, they're not going to change it now so no point discussing its merits. It is what it is.

I retarget sometimes during the barrage. The icon has a timer and the JT use HE for the duration of the timer but in watching a replay, it was always 3 shots at Vet 0 so the "timer" was just a visual indicator that it is shooting HE. There are only a few maps that I use it on, and they're mostly flat so I hadn't noticed the terrain much.

13 Sep 2019, 20:19 PM

Supporting Fire actually has 95 range.

I was just guessing at the range. I knew I could shoot it a long ways into the fog of war. To be honest, I haven't used that feature much because the only thing that isn't going to move is an emplacement and that would be an awfully expensive way to remove emplacements. I'll start trying it on weapons teams.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight