Login

russian armor

Auber Soldiers : give out a machine four STG.44 red sight

7 Sep 2019, 20:06 PM

In the new update, I propose that the OKW soldiers issue 4 assault rifles with red sights STG,44
7 Sep 2019, 20:17 PM

Have you seen the stats on those things? They'd annihilate everything with four.
7 Sep 2019, 20:18 PM

Although IR.stg44 not better than MG34,it's still a powerful weapon,just think you face a vet3 GD in close combat with 4x Thompson plus and in long range with 4x BAR plus……
But as a commander ability,in new patch I think it can allowed Ober upgrade weapon without Panzer Authorization
7 Sep 2019, 21:06 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Ignoring how stupid it would be to give 4x IR STG...

Although IR.stg44 not better than MG34,it's still a powerful weapon,just think you face a vet3 GD in close combat with 4x Thompson plus and in long range with 4x BAR plus……
But as a commander ability,in new patch I think it can allowed Ober upgrade weapon without Panzer Authorization

While you can't compare 1 model using IR STG vs LMG34, the end result is that it will be stronger and way more versatile than the LMG34.
You PRACTICALLY don't sacrifice long range dmg, for obscene close and mid dmg. It also mostly ignores accuracy modifiers from cover, including garrison (0.9 vs 0.5 normally).

7 Sep 2019, 21:46 PM

Ignoring how stupid it would be to give 4x IR STG...

While you can't compare 1 model using IR STG vs LMG34, the end result is that it will be stronger and way more versatile than the LMG34.
You PRACTICALLY don't sacrifice long range dmg, for obscene close and mid dmg. It also mostly ignores accuracy modifiers from cover, including garrison (0.9 vs 0.5 normally).

More than 20m,2x IRstg44 ober can't defeat single mg34 ober even they in heavy cover shot each other,of course IRstg44 is powerful weapon,but Ober is long range shooter,and they are expensive to refinement,they on field timing they will face light even medium armor,so I think most time IRstg44 is worst than MG34 because you need send ober more close to enemy to keep the efficiency
Now in summer patch they will make Ober arrive earlier,but no weapon upgrade ober is not good,IRstg44 is used a commander ability slot and only for ober didn't like USF 1919LMG can be used by any infantry,I think allowed Ober upgrade IRstg44 without Panzer Authorization is reasonable
7 Sep 2019, 21:58 PM

I have reported this thread for trolling.
7 Sep 2019, 22:16 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

OP has made a lot of different threads that seem "unrealistic" or made multiple threads pertaining to the same things. They've been previously banned for doing these things multiple times. However this is first for this type of thread. Even though it is outlandish and would almost never even be considered to be implemented, a thread cannot be simply closed for being too out there. Do it multiple times with the same topic or spam multiple threads too quickly and sure you might drag attention, but I wouldn't close a thread due to a person having an idea that does no harm.
8 Sep 2019, 00:29 AM

say sike right now
8 Sep 2019, 01:14 AM

Despite OP's idea being a silly proposal, does anyone actually think that the IR STGs are in a good spot? The way I see it there is no reason to get them over the lmg34.
8 Sep 2019, 01:47 AM

Despite OP's idea being a silly proposal, does anyone actually think that the IR STGs are in a good spot? The way I see it there is no reason to get them over the lmg34.

Maybe give this upgrade a 50m infrared detection like previous Valentine or increase sight?In future patch maybe should allowed ober upgrade this without Panzer Authorization,so IRstg44 as a commander ability have more valuable
8 Sep 2019, 02:06 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

More than 20m,2x IRstg44 ober can't defeat single mg34 ober even they in heavy cover shot each other,of course IRstg44 is powerful weapon,but Ober is long range shooter,and they are expensive to refinement,they on field timing they will face light even medium armor,so I think most time IRstg44 is worst than MG34 because you need send ober more close to enemy to keep the efficiency
Now in summer patch they will make Ober arrive earlier,but no weapon upgrade ober is not good,IRstg44 is used a commander ability slot and only for ober didn't like USF 1919LMG can be used by any infantry,I think allowed Ober upgrade IRstg44 without Panzer Authorization is reasonable

Obers don't fight Obers in mirror matches. Don't use the upgrade in long open maps rather than more urban, close range/heavy garrison maps. The STG is also better if the enemy goes for heavy CQC units. You still deal heavy long range dmg and they can't really close in.
8 Sep 2019, 02:24 AM

Obers don't fight Obers in mirror matches. Don't use the upgrade in long open maps rather than more urban, close range/heavy garrison maps. The STG is also better if the enemy goes for heavy CQC units. You still deal heavy long range dmg and they can't really close in.

No,like shocktroopers,whatever your ober upgrade,you can't hold back them even them come from 35m
And OKW already have SturmPioneer combat at Close range,and Volks can fight all range,Ober is elite infantry is no doubt,but they coming too late so most time when they come,they will face weapon group,armor and many support AOE,they are very hard to survival if you use them to assault,only in few maps IR.stg44 is better than MG34——but why I dont choose FireStorm commander and upgrade Volks assault package?
8 Sep 2019, 03:54 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

No,like shocktroopers,whatever your ober upgrade,you can't hold back them even them come from 35m
And OKW already have SturmPioneer combat at Close range,and Volks can fight all range,Ober is elite infantry is no doubt,but they coming too late so most time when they come,they will face weapon group,armor and many support AOE,they are very hard to survival if you use them to assault,only in few maps IR.stg44 is better than MG34——but why I dont choose FireStorm commander and upgrade Volks assault package?

Because Firestorm is not a good commander ?

The assault package are SMGs, which have a huge drop off from mid to long range. The STG package for Volks is still better all around, what the assault package might give you is indeed utility.

DON'T USE THEM as if they were assault Grenadiers. Think about PGs Elite with actual long range dmg.

Just for the sake of curiosity i did some test to compare Obers with IR STG vs LMG34 against Shocks.

Around 4/8 runs each, Obers staying still waiting for Shocks to get face to face.
No cover, yellow and green
Vet 0 and vet 3, both on equal vet. So either 0 vs 0 or both vet 3.

In every case, the IR STG stays on top against the LMG34 (either by doing more dmg or actually winning)

Vet 0:
No cover: basically you never win. I got 1/8 win with STG but it was a sliver of health left.
Yellow/green: REALLY close but you win like 33% of the cases with STG and only 1/8 runs the LMG34 won. In the case of the LMG34 it had great variance for some reason.

Vet3:
No cover: 50/50 with STG and pretty close but mostly losing with LMG34
Yellow/Green: reliable (+75%) won with STG and 50/50 with LMG34.

In any case, Shocktroops basically lose like 25%/40% till they manage to get face to face (you can retreat without losing meaningful HP). I didn't tried with nades, cause in both cases, both units get access to either smoke + normal nade or nuke + cancer smoke nade.

PD: Something that didn't happened at vet0 is that on 2/8 cases with the IR STG, is that they suppressed the Shocks (anecdotal cause it was mostly at the end of the fight). I forgot about that, the IR STG has passive suppression (no, it's not the abilitiy)
PD2: i forgot that Obers Kar have passive suppression.
8 Sep 2019, 04:09 AM

Obersoldaten with IR StGs are situational and can be very powerful when used on the right map and in the right way. I think they’re fine, but I also think that the LMG34 is usually the better choice in most situations since OKW has other units that can serve the role of mid to close range damage dealers while the Ober LMG is their very best and really only long range damage dealer.

TL,DR: StGs on Obers are very good in some situations and don’t need adjusting, but the LMG is usually better considering the way Obers are intended to be used and what units are generally in support of them.
8 Sep 2019, 04:45 AM

Because Firestorm is not a good commander ?

The assault package are SMGs, which have a huge drop off from mid to long range. The STG package for Volks is still better all around, what the assault package might give you is indeed utility.

DON'T USE THEM as if they were assault Grenadiers. Think about PGs Elite with actual long range dmg.

Just for the sake of curiosity i did some test to compare Obers with IR STG vs LMG34 against Shocks.

Around 4/8 runs each, Obers staying still waiting for Shocks to get face to face.
No cover, yellow and green
Vet 0 and vet 3, both on equal vet. So either 0 vs 0 or both vet 3.

In every case, the IR STG stays on top against the LMG34 (either by doing more dmg or actually winning)

Vet 0:
No cover: basically you never win. I got 1/8 win with STG but it was a sliver of health left.
Yellow/green: REALLY close but you win like 33% of the cases with STG and only 1/8 runs the LMG34 won. In the case of the LMG34 it had great variance for some reason.

Vet3:
No cover: 50/50 with STG and pretty close but mostly losing with LMG34
Yellow/Green: reliable (+75%) won with STG and 50/50 with LMG34.

In any case, Shocktroops basically lose like 25%/40% till they manage to get face to face (you can retreat without losing meaningful HP). I didn't tried with nades, cause in both cases, both units get access to either smoke + normal nade or nuke + cancer smoke nade.

PD: Something that didn't happened at vet0 is that on 2/8 cases with the IR STG, is that they suppressed the Shocks (anecdotal cause it was mostly at the end of the fight). I forgot about that, the IR STG has passive suppression (no, it's not the abilitiy)
PD2: i forgot that Obers Kar have passive suppression.

ShockTroopers is 2cp call in unit,Ober need T4,IRstg44 need 3cp,I have no question with Ober and IRstg44 ,but only think IRstg44 use a commander ability slot is big wrong and waste when they have same request with MG34,so I think IRstg44 should give some ability to ober or bundle with some passive ability,and for coming new patch,I think most easy way is allowed ober upgrade IRstg44 without Panzer Authorization,is not powerful than MG34,but still better than K98
8 Sep 2019, 06:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

ShockTroopers is 2cp call in unit,Ober need T4,IRstg44 need 3cp,I have no question with Ober and IRstg44 ,but only think IRstg44 use a commander ability slot is big wrong and waste when they have same request with MG34,so I think IRstg44 should give some ability to ober or bundle with some passive ability,and for coming new patch,I think most easy way is allowed ober upgrade IRstg44 without Panzer Authorization,is not powerful than MG34,but still better than K98

Passive abilities it already has:

+40% acc against light, heavy and garrison cover.
Suppression.
8 Sep 2019, 06:47 AM

Passive abilities it already has:

+40% acc against light, heavy and garrison cover.
Suppression.

I mean bundle with some passive “commander ability”,not weapon passive ability,and you think IRstg44 passive accuracy to cover is op?Longer than 20m 2xIRstg44 not better than single MG34 even target in cover,and don't forget it replace 2x ober 98k rifle,MG34 only replace one
8 Sep 2019, 07:13 AM

I mean bundle with some passive “commander ability”,not weapon passive ability,and you think IRstg44 passive accuracy to cover is op?Longer than 20m 2xIRstg44 not better than single MG34 even target in cover,and don't forget it replace 2x ober 98k rifle,MG34 only replace one

2x IRstgs outdps the MG34 up until range 25 and are individually 3x as potent as a waffen kar 98k up until range 11 (which admittedly does not sound very impressive, but it goes to show how strong ober kar98ks are) They also have better moving accuracy and dps than either weapon.

I do think the cover ignoring ability is important though, especially in the late game where the ground is covered in craters and burned out hulks. If we consider the DPS lost to cover penalties, I think double STGs may actually approach LMG34 DPS at max range.

Heres a crude* calculation at max range (35) using light cover (so I do not have to factor in damage as well; results would be the same regardless here as only the accuracy modifiers differ between these weapons)

STGs
(3.183*2)*0.9 = 5.7294
LMG34
14.22*0.5 = 7.11

LMG34 still wins, but it is not so clear cut anymore. Now lets see about range 25, the range where the LMG34 begins to outdps the double STGs normally.

STGs
(6.707*2)*0.9 = 12.0726
LMG34
13.191*0.5 = 6.5955

This is a massive improvement; the mostly ignored cover penalty means the IR STGs are almost twice as effective at this range, and this difference only grows the closer one gets.

*A more comprehensive calculation would mean inputting the new accuracy values into the cruzz dps formula directly and then recalculating dps. I am too tired to do this tonight and these numbers should still reflect reality regardless.
8 Sep 2019, 07:21 AM

2x IRstgs outdps the MG34 up until range 25 and are individually 3x as potent as a waffen kar 98k up until range 11 (which admittedly does not sound very impressive, but it goes to show how strong ober kar98ks are) They also have better moving accuracy and dps than either weapon.

I do think the cover ignoring ability is important though, especially in the late game where the ground is covered in craters and burned out hulks. If we consider the DPS lost to cover penalties, I think double STGs may actually approach LMG34 DPS at max range.

Heres a crude* calculation at max range (35) using light cover (so I do not have to factor in damage as well; results would be the same regardless here as only the accuracy modifiers differ between these weapons)

STGs
(3.183*2)*0.9 = 5.7294
LMG34
14.22*0.5 = 7.11

LMG34 still wins, but it is not so clear cut anymore. Now lets see about range 25, the range where the LMG34 begins to outdps the double STGs normally.

STGs
(6.707*2)*0.9 = 12.0726
LMG34
13.191*0.5 = 6.5955

This is a massive improvement; the mostly ignored cover penalty means the IR STGs are almost twice as effective at this range, and this difference only grows the closer one gets.

*A more comprehensive calculation would mean inputting the new accuracy values into the cruzz dps formula directly and then recalculating dps. I am too tired to do this tonight and these numbers should still reflect reality regardless.

Only comparison this two upgrade you are right,but I think you should consider LMG34 ober squad is 3x98k and 1xLMG34,IR Ober is 2x98k and 2x IRstg44
And,this is commander ability,only for single type infantry,no timing and didn't change unit type to more useful position
8 Sep 2019, 10:50 AM

Thanks for testing and sharing.

I think these result say allot about the power level of shock troops, since they are facing units that come later have a tech cost and require a weapon upgrade.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★