Login

russian armor

Scott in LT or CP as the OKW Walking stuka.

1 Sep 2019, 23:52 PM

Why does OKW get powerful artillery like a walking stuka so early, and does a less powerful Scott come out with a major?

I think this is not fair, considering how powerful the walking stuka is, and how in an instant it can wipe entire squad.

2 Sep 2019, 04:05 AM

It would be better to have the Walking Stuka and Obers swap tiers.
2 Sep 2019, 04:12 AM

lol no, people are already pissed at the thing.

I would like to see the scott get a little more armor though, things like 222 and ostwinds can actually kill them very easily. Maybe a little more health so I can't get fausted at full health?
2 Sep 2019, 06:51 AM

lol no, people are already pissed at the thing.

I would like to see the scott get a little more armor though, things like 222 and ostwinds can actually kill them very easily. Maybe a little more health so I can't get fausted at full health?

What does it mean "people are already pissed at the thing"? Axis funs dont love Scott?

But at the tournament in the Masters Cup, not Scott wiped the squads in every battle, but a walking stuka did it. So why not transfer it to the Schwerer Panzer HQ, or transfer Scott to the CP or LT?
2 Sep 2019, 08:04 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 06:51 AMRiley
What does it mean "people are already pissed at the thing"? Axis funs dont love Scott?

But at the tournament in the Masters Cup, not Scott wiped the squads in every battle, but a walking stuka did it. So why not transfer it to the Schwerer Panzer HQ, or transfer Scott to the CP or LT?

Moving the Walking Stuka to T3 would be a sideways buff to OKW. The Stuka's high cost makes it rarely a good pick in the mid game, so your SPHQ is usually up by the time it's a good idea to build one. All this would really achieve is saving T1 builds the cost of a Mechanized HQ.
2 Sep 2019, 10:19 AM

Stuka has fucked up design in the first place

This aint a fair comparison though

Scott is more of an LV version of Leig
2 Sep 2019, 10:52 AM

Stuka has fucked up design in the first place

This aint a fair comparison though

Scott is more of an LV version of Leig

That's it. Moreover, I am not saying why there is no calliope so early, I am talking about Scott, when walking stuka is more powerful and shooting from a safe distance.
2 Sep 2019, 11:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Sep 2019, 23:52 PMRiley
Why does OKW get powerful artillery like a walking stuka so early, and does a less powerful Scott come out with a major?

I think this is not fair, considering how powerful the walking stuka is, and how in an instant it can wipe entire squad.

Try building a stuka as your first t2 unit and see what happens. Just because a unit is available early does not mean that you get an advantage from building it.
2 Sep 2019, 11:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:39 AMVipper

Try building a stuka as your first t2 unit and see what happens.

Same as buidling a Scott first T3 unit maybe.
2 Sep 2019, 11:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:39 AMVipper

Try building a stuka as your first t2 unit and see what happens. Just because a unit is available early does not mean that you get an advantage from building it.

The results of the tournament suggest otherwise. Watch the Masters Cup tournament. There the early walking stuka was a wipe machine.
2 Sep 2019, 12:45 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:59 AMRiley

The results of the tournament suggest otherwise. Watch the Masters Cup tournament. There the early walking stuka was a wipe machine.

Stuka is available early but making scott available earlier does not solve the problem. It actually creates another. This is typical "the grass is greener on the other side" mentality.

The availability of stuka is problematic mostly in 4vs4 games and I guess one could try locking it behind the engineers upgrade.

I don't think that Cup has a allot to do with with how early Scott become available.

My actually suggestion by stuka has been to replace the HE round with incendiary making the unit perform more like an anti garrison unit than squad wiper and offering the HE at higher vet level.
2 Sep 2019, 14:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 12:45 PMVipper

Stuka is available early but making scott available earlier does not solve the problem. It actually creates another. This is typical "the grass is greener on the other side" mentality.

The availability of stuka is problematic mostly in 4vs4 games and I guess one could try locking it behind the engineers upgrade.

I don't think that Cup has a allot to do with with how early Scott become available.

My actually suggestion by stuka has been to replace the HE round with incendiary making the unit perform more like an anti garrison unit than squad wiper and offering the HE at higher vet level.

Its solve the problem! USF also just like OKW will can use early artillery. Why should only OKW have such an opportunity? Although Scott is definitely not such a sudden threat, like a walking stuka.
2 Sep 2019, 15:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 12:45 PMVipper

No need to hide it behind vet. Make it require T3 be built and make the HE barrage an upgrade which cost mp + fuel. Now you can make the T2 Stuka only Flame barrage while reducing the cost of it as well.

Now regarding USF:

You could try swapping the Scott with the Pack Howie.

-Scott: reduce AA range to 50.
-Stuart: now you can make the unit more AT worth oriented once medium tanks appears as the Scott takes on the job of the light tank with AI capabilities.
-Pack Howie: reworked to be the "Land mattress" of USF.
2 Sep 2019, 15:30 PM

No need to hide it behind vet. Make it require T3 be built and make the HE barrage an upgrade which cost mp + fuel. Now you can make the T2 Stuka only Flame barrage while reducing the cost of it as well.

Now regarding USF:

You could try swapping the Scott with the Pack Howie.

-Scott: reduce AA range to 50.
-Stuart: now you can make the unit more AT worth oriented once medium tanks appears as the Scott takes on the job of the light tank with AI capabilities.
-Pack Howie: reworked to be the "Land mattress" of USF.

P.s. Sorry, I didn’t notice what solution you propose.
2 Sep 2019, 16:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 14:49 PMRiley

Its solve the problem! USF also just like OKW will can use early artillery. Why should only OKW have such an opportunity? Although Scott is definitely not such a sudden threat, like a walking stuka.

Then lets move katiousha and wefer at t3 also. Scott is currently op in live and that is why it get nerfed making available earlier will only make the problem worse.

The problem is not that Scott come late but that stuka might come early in some modes.
2 Sep 2019, 20:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 15:30 PMRiley

P.s. Sorry, I didn’t notice what solution you propose.

The scott’s Current auto attack range is 80 (more than an Elephant by 10) so reducing the attack range to 50 (Stug G’s range) will make it a less powerful bleed tool while allowing it to do area denial at 80 range
2 Sep 2019, 21:02 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Sep 2019, 11:59 AMRiley

Sure, let's completely ignore the fact that early Stukas were only possible because of Spec Ops Doctrine's Command Panther. Which is getting addressed next patch. Having to tech SPHQ to get tanks will make going for early (double) Stuka(s) extremely risky.

"Faction A needs the thing because faction B has the thing" is also not a universal or even valid argument.
3 Sep 2019, 00:26 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The scott’s Current auto attack range is 80 (more than an Elephant by 10) so reducing the attack range to 50 (Stug G’s range) will make it a less powerful bleed tool while allowing it to do area denial at 80 range

AA range is 60. You are getting confused with barrage.
3 Sep 2019, 11:36 AM

Having to tech SPHQ to get tanks will make going for early (double) Stuka(s) extremely risky.

"Faction A needs the thing because faction B has the thing" is also not a universal or even valid argument.

This is not a risk at all. This is a great advantage of the fraction, which allows you to call such a powerful artillery so early.

"is also not a universal or even valid argument" Of course, when you are a fan of OKW, this is not an argument. And if you care about balance, this is a fair claim. The USF should get a calliope outside the doctrine, or get a Scott as early as possible. Let the USF also put itself at risk. Risk giving a lot of reward.:rolleyes:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★