Login

russian armor

Economy from 1vs1 to 4vs4

27 Aug 2019, 20:08 PM

One of the main differences across modes is the relationship between CP and Tech.

In small games ones gain CP faster and tech slower while in large games one gain CP slower but techs faster.

This difference makes timing abilities difficult.

As a solution one could add the option to the player to spend resources to buy CP. That would could help with the timing of super heavies.
27 Aug 2019, 20:39 PM

Would definitely be a cool feature to trade resources for manpower and vice versa.

There is some games I have played which had that feature and that is good.

Maybe that would be something that could be added into COH3.

The fuel caches cost 250 mp for an output of 3 fuel per min if I am not mistaken
and
for ammo caches cost 250 mp for an output of 7 ammo per min.

So say I want to get extra manpower by trading fuel. I trade 3 fuel effectively gives me around 83 manpower.

Trading 7 ammo should give me something like 35 manpower

It would increase diverse gameplay by investing and allocating resources, making decisions and sacrifices in order to keep the game a flow.

Something like having a market economy in the game. Investing, allocating all your available resources that you have, for more this and that should be another thing that would impact the game. Your investment strategy could even have the effect on the outcome of the game on top of it rather than just from micro alone.

Economical, strategical and tactical thinking would be fun all in combination.

Maybe there should be a cache for an output for extra manpower instead?

Though I do not imagine that it is possible for such a drastic change to appear in game. At least some other areas of decision making should have an impact on the game.
27 Aug 2019, 20:55 PM

You can get 1/4 CP bar for building caches each.
Haven't checked how much exactly, but you can get CP xp for every defensive and base building, the amount depending on their cost. This includes Ostheer bunkers, USF fighting positions or UKF emplacements.
27 Aug 2019, 21:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

snip.

Resource manipulation as a concept has already been tried and eventually dropped as it was a failure tactically, balance and fun wise.

Soviet Industry: dark age in CoH2 history in compound with Elite Commander. You basically just rushed and mass produced T70 before you could get any counters. It didn't matter you trade mp for fuel as since the moment you choose the commander as eventually you would get vehicles and repair stations (which don't bleed) or you just ended the game in 6 mins.

Close air support: who needs tanks when you just spam Grens with LMG42, mines and skillplanes.

Original OKW mechanized truck.

Soviet no retreat no surrender: sacrifice retreat for mayor MP gain and infantry production.

Other non released commanders and concepts.

Ontopic: sounds decent but i don't know how you are supposed to implement it ingame and how.
27 Aug 2019, 22:30 PM

This is generally why I prefer tying all Commander vehicles for tech so they can come at an appropriate time independent of how frequently you engage your opponent or lose units ect.
27 Aug 2019, 22:31 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

The fuel caches cost 250 mp for an output of 3 fuel per min if I am not mistaken
and
for ammo caches cost 250 mp for an output of 7 ammo per min.

So say I want to get extra manpower by trading fuel. I trade 3 fuel effectively gives me around 83 manpower.

Trading 7 ammo should give me something like 35 manpower

I'd say the ratio is more like 2MP for 1 mun. This goes for stuff like mines (usually 30 mun for 2 models, which usually range between 50-60 MP), the Soviet flare trap (10 mun for 25-30 MP). A goliath should cause a squad wipe (100 mun for ~240-280 MP), otherwise it's usually not worth it. Grenades etc should also cause at least two models dropped directly or by pushing the enemy out of cover. That's at least the ratios that I calculate with.
Fuel is very hard to nail down, as you don't use it for utility but buy units. difficult to say. Gut feeling tells me that it's somewhere at 3:1, maybe 4:1. That would be the ratio of MP to fuel in tank pricing. However, if you think that you can salvage a Kübel for 5 fuel... o_O
27 Aug 2019, 22:38 PM

Can we reduce the resources per point in team games? Maybe im oversimplifying a complicated issue, but can you just reduce the fuel/Muni per standard point in 3s and 4s?

I think most of it comes from points not changing hands as much in team games. In 1v1 you're constantly harassing territory or trading it altogether. Lot less of that in team games
27 Aug 2019, 22:43 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Can we reduce the resources per point in team games? Maybe im oversimplifying a complicated issue, but can you just reduce the fuel/Muni per standard point in 3s and 4s?

I think most of it comes from points not changing hands as much in team games. In 1v1 you're constantly harassing territory or trading it altogether. Lot less of that in team games

Yes, this is exactly the issue.
This suggestion has been discussed multiple times before, I don't think that it is doable.
28 Aug 2019, 05:32 AM

By far the simplest solution is to speed up CP gain based on the number of players. It can be done with an extremely easy setting change.

Using the same multipliers, you can also change resource gain, but I don't think 4v4 players want a slower game.
28 Aug 2019, 08:35 AM

Yes, this is exactly the issue.
This suggestion has been discussed multiple times before, I don't think that it is doable.

Someone made a mod that gives the old high, medium and low resource points.

In game, there is a resource_point_low, but it only produces one less munition. Could it be changed to give 1 less fuel and 2 less munition? IDK but if you could, all you’d have to do is retrofit all the 3v3/rv4 maps with the low resource points
28 Aug 2019, 11:13 AM

Ontopic: sounds decent but i don't know how you are supposed to implement it ingame and how.

One could add a single button either on base or on last tier building that would allow certain CP value for certain resources. Could even be locked behind tech.

By far the simplest solution is to speed up CP gain based on the number of players. It can be done with an extremely easy setting change.

Using the same multipliers, you can also change resource gain, but I don't think 4v4 players want a slower game.

I have made a similar suggestion years ago.

On the other hand this suggestion give the player the option to get access to units earlier and in way gives call in unit a "cost"
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★