Login

russian armor

What the new balance patch got wrong?

22 Aug 2019, 21:46 PM

thats what makes it soo good... you can achieve multiple tank kills using 2x raks to cheese mediums...
22 Aug 2019, 22:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 21:08 PMgbem

if maxim spam is viable... then MG42 spam must be godlike :D but ive had trouble with neither of these builds soo the problem here isnt with the spam...

That is where the rotation pack/set up times kick in. I am all in for buffing maxim to MG-42 levels by nerfing its packup/setup/rotation times. This way SOV can now have a proper gun to support cons early so cons can scale to late without getting absolutely chrushed.
22 Aug 2019, 22:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 21:30 PMAlphrum

Yeah, its the cheapest cuz its still the worst AT gun in the game, its only saving grace is the ability to cloak on the move.

You are missing the point. How about its cost increased to match other At guns? And u get to keep camo? Which btw u must be happy because in patch notes 1.2 rak has retreat ability back.
22 Aug 2019, 23:03 PM

Other than the rak changes needing some fine tuning I thing the majority of the patch is looking good.

The fact it has provoked such a reaction from certain players is indicative of going in the right direction.

I just hope any alterations made to the patch don't draw too deeply from the vitriol shown in a large number of comments made by a small number of certain users.
23 Aug 2019, 01:13 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Aug 2019, 14:11 PMKatitof
1. Cheese or reliability of regular ATG, can't have both.

2. No more special snowflaking, every single faction needs top tank tech to get heavy call-ins out, OKW isn't exception nor should it be, don't put schwerer where you can't defend it.

3. Do you even play the game? It gets shared vet, it was never vetting faster then it does now and its very easy to vet it up.

4. Don't overextend then?

5. L2p, not all problems can be solved by singular panther.

6. L2P again, they get no resources back from doing so, they literally destroy their own menpower by doing so.

7. It actually discourages blobbing against maxims. You'd be aware of that if you had basic comprehension of stats.

Rekt.

Nice
23 Aug 2019, 02:40 AM

I always knew there were some people who enjoyed rak cheese. Just never realized there was as many as there are

Maybe you are finding the wrong answers in the right place?

Nobody who really enjoys playing CoH2 likes to cheese, even those who used raketen cheese (or any other cheese for what matters) do it because they need to clutch their strategy, its a shortcut without penalties.

IMO raketen got overnerfed, AND THATS FINE, It doesnt need 5 man and it needs the retreat ability since it was the least performant of all ATGs, it was a squishy ATG, a Pshrek team weapon. If the nerf proves to be too harsh then the next patch will get balanced.
I hate people demanding balance in a single patch, because thats illogical, the game is so complex that some behaviors cant be predicted.
23 Aug 2019, 03:05 AM

I always knew there were some people who enjoyed rak cheese. Just never realized there was as many as there are

Yes, a lot of us do. Sometimes the rak cheese is best served with a side dish of eat-shit-and-die, like getting two raketens and using them to kill your JT.

https://photos.google.com/album/AF1QipMAhE1TWEw7bblZw-plGa8HIdFVoE-YB4M2XSvP

23 Aug 2019, 03:22 AM

Fuck rakaten cheese... the rak should be a proper AT gun not a tank hunter
23 Aug 2019, 04:45 AM

Maybe you are finding the wrong answers in the right place?

Nobody who really enjoys playing CoH2 likes to cheese, even those who used raketen cheese (or any other cheese for what matters) do it because they need to clutch their strategy, its a shortcut without penalties.

IMO raketen got overnerfed, AND THATS FINE, It doesnt need 5 man and it needs the retreat ability since it was the least performant of all ATGs, it was a squishy ATG, a Pshrek team weapon. If the nerf proves to be too harsh then the next patch will get balanced.
I hate people demanding balance in a single patch, because thats illogical, the game is so complex that some behaviors cant be predicted.

Nope not really what I'm talking about, but okay
23 Aug 2019, 07:48 AM

Wonder is it engine limitations rak cannot use sniper camo on the unit?

Not a fan of dull AT gun too.

So much requests to make units face off similarly. But coh is always about asymmetric and tiering phases. Units, factions perform differently at every phases of a match. And thats the fun.

Else you just use a palette color swap on the units and they work the same and it is down to rock paper scissors gameplay. No need for veterancy, no need for unit preservation retreats

23 Aug 2019, 11:49 AM

"i like rakaten cheese with 5 man 55 range squads because i want allied players to quit countering muh A move volks"

- axis tools 2019
23 Aug 2019, 12:08 PM

So better, more relaxed reliable but still a cheesy hunter?
OKW sucks mid game anyways why not give them one cheese.
23 Aug 2019, 12:35 PM

OKW sucks mid game anyways why not give them one cheese.

sov T2 is made of whipped cream until 7 man conscripts arrive... but they dont get cheese

USF doesnt really excel lategame and is reliant on the middle-late game phase to win but hey they dont get cheese...

UKF has the tommy cheese but thats getting nerfed...
27 Aug 2019, 21:09 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post23 Aug 2019, 12:35 PMgbem

sov T2 is made of whipped cream until 7 man conscripts arrive... but they dont get cheese

USF doesnt really excel lategame and is reliant on the middle-late game phase to win but hey they dont get cheese...

UKF has the tommy cheese but thats getting nerfed...
I think t70 is super strong
27 Aug 2019, 21:41 PM

The OKWs Flak Half track still sucks terribly.

It is needs to be fixed.

September patch offers no fix to its current lacking performance.
27 Aug 2019, 22:11 PM

I think t70 is super strong

The T70 doesnt fix the retarded infantry ptoblem
27 Aug 2019, 22:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2019, 22:11 PMgbem

Oh boy it does.
28 Aug 2019, 01:51 AM

That explains the spectacular soviet winrate pre penal buff doesnt it? When the soviets had no viable infantry whatsoever?
28 Aug 2019, 10:26 AM

+1

Personally I liked the raketten how it was. Tbh i never lost it untill the late game, but by then i needed the pop cap for something else, like Obersldaten/Jagdpanzer/Panthers.
30 Aug 2019, 12:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Aug 2019, 22:11 PMgbem

I will excuses you by saying you are drunk and dont know what oyu are talkinag about
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★