Login

russian armor

UKF September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (18)down
31 Aug 2019, 08:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Aug 2019, 20:29 PMGrumpy

It (the AT gun) didn't fit people's narrative so was conveniently left out. (comments not directed at balance team)

At 19 pop cap, 2 Churchills and 2 RE's to repair them eat up 52 pop. Contrary to popular belief, that still leaves you with no reliable anti-tank. Add in a vickers, a Firefly, and two sections and then you're going to have to choose between another piece of AT, indirect, or another section.

Still a damn strong composition. I will probably go indirect, with piat re

2x church hill is more than enough to deal with pak and infantry. Double 5 man tommy to do sweep up.

Obviously ukf players are still comfortable with this slight change, they just need to watch the pop a little. But we all know double Churchill supported by FF and ATG is unkillable.

I still say 120 damage reduction at 18pop.

19 pop have negliabe effect we all know that.
31 Aug 2019, 10:09 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 08:41 AMmrgame2
I still say 120 damage

I mean, you can say that as many times as you want, but I've already explained to you how much of an overnerf that would be (taking penetration and accuracy into account), and I can guarantee it will never happen. Better focus on something more constructive.
31 Aug 2019, 10:18 AM

I mean, you can say that as many times as you want, but I've already explained to you how much of an overnerf that would be (taking penetration and accuracy into account), and I can guarantee it will never happen.

Now if only panther could get similar pop cap treatment so that spam is dealt with as well, so its possible to use something else then TD in late game for allies.
31 Aug 2019, 10:45 AM

No i disagree. Your calculation only show over nerf if head to head with a panther. 120 will still dominate all other T3 tanks. By reducing damages, it balances out with more chance of axis T3 tank to pen it and drain hp. The same issue with reducing panther armor to allow T3 units to fight it.

Why should Churchill concern with panther 1v1? Ukf have enough units to compose an army to support 120 Churchill main gun. should we make shreks 160 damage too, cos heck unit composition.

But as you say, the boss have the last say. Those with powers wins and will never go back after publication, there are those who can trademark best spot ever or pat themselves with symbolic 5 fuel 'overperformance' penalty or just 'decent' 240/180/1400 survivability.

But i believe in democratic freedom of speech, things may change for better or worse, just because we care. Trump may be president today, who knows what if next year.
31 Aug 2019, 12:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 10:18 AMKatitof

Now if only panther could get similar pop cap treatment so that spam is dealt with as well, so its possible to use something else then TD in late game for allies.
but panther already has high pop cap ?
31 Aug 2019, 12:20 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 10:45 AMmrgame2
No i disagree. Your calculation only show over nerf if head to head with a panther.

No,
With the Churchill's poor penetration alone (105 far pen), disregarding accuracy, that would mean on average:
vs P4 is 1 / (105 / 180 = 0.58) = 1.7 shots extra
vs P4J is 1 / (105 / 234 = 0.45) = 2.2 shots extra
vs Panther is 2 / (105 / 260 = 0.4) = 5 shots extra

With far accuracy at 0.025 (55-60% chance to hit a P4 or Panther) you could probably add another shot to each of those, but I won't include it because it's impossible to calculate the true accuracy with scatter based misses becoming hits.

Why do you ignore how much it would change the TTK against an Ostheer P4 (average from 4 shots to 6) and OKW P4 (average from 4 shots to 7)? Potentially up to 7 and 8 when we take accuracy into account too?

Is it because
jump backJump back to quoted post29 Aug 2019, 16:26 PMmrgame2
The rng i played against churchills has always been more effective than it should at inflicting AT damage.

? Because that's not really an argument.
31 Aug 2019, 12:20 PM

but panther already has high pop cap ?

If that one more pop cap point helps with churchill, it'll also help with panthers, which are equal problem, especially in team games now that ost T4 is easily affordable.
31 Aug 2019, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 12:20 PMKatitof

If that one more pop cap point helps with churchill, it'll also help with panthers, which are equal problem, especially in team games now that ost T4 is easily affordable.
but aren't specialized tank supposed to be more pop efficient than generalist ones ? panther has a td main gun, Churchill as a medium tank main gun
31 Aug 2019, 12:28 PM

but aren't specialized tank supposed to be more pop efficient than generalist ones ? panther has a td main gun, Churchill as a medium tank main gun

That didn't stopped allied TDs from getting pop cap increase when they were spammed too much.
I can't see why panther would be immune to it.
Allied TD meta comes directly from panthers being spammed as allied meds can't stand up to them.
31 Aug 2019, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 12:28 PMKatitof

That didn't stopped allied TDs from getting pop cap increase when they were spammed too much.
I can't see why panther would be immune to it.
Allied TD meta comes directly from panthers being spammed as allied meds can't stand up to them.
but they do have less pop cap than panther right ? and less than what they are supposed to counter (heavy tanks)? panther is supposed to counter Churchill and other heavy tank, it makes sense to have less pop than them, same as allied TD that have lower pop than heavy and panther
31 Aug 2019, 12:41 PM

but they do have less pop cap than panther right ? and less than what they are supposed to counter (heavy tanks)? panther is supposed to counter Churchill and other heavy tank, it makes sense to have less pop than them, same as allied TD that have lower pop than heavy and panther

Actually, panther is about the worst unit you could get to counter churchill.
You need volume of fire against damage sponge units, not reliability of penetration, armor isn't the problem, health pool is and while panter will certainly counter churchill, it'll be much less efficient then a pair of stugs.
Allied TDs also have significantly lower health, armor and have no AI capabilities, in contrast panther doesn't really pay much more fuel for double the armor, 50% more health and AI MGs.
31 Aug 2019, 12:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 12:41 PMKatitof

Actually, panther is about the worst unit you could get to counter churchill.
You need volume of fire against damage sponge units, not reliability of penetration, armor isn't the problem, health pool is and while panter will certainly counter churchill, it'll be much less efficient then a pair of stugs.
Allied TDs also have significantly lower health, armor and have no AI capabilities, in contrast panther doesn't really pay much more fuel for double the armor, 50% more health and AI MGs.
:snfPeter: btw u forgot the -10 range
31 Aug 2019, 13:02 PM

:snfPeter: btw u forgot the -10 range

Not really, just thought it does have more then enough to compensate for that - like having actual turret rotation, or actual turret or not having to use 100 munit each time it needs to do its job fine :snfPeter:
31 Aug 2019, 13:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 13:02 PMKatitof

Not really, just thought it does have more then enough to compensate for that - like having actual turret rotation, or actual turret or not having to use 100 munit each time it needs to do its job fine :snfPeter:
exactly see we agree

btw tulips are now a draw back ? i mean let's nerf stug by giving them tulips :snfPeter:
31 Aug 2019, 13:19 PM

Copied from another page:

Because making changes to "secondary" unit stats (like cooldowns, build time, abilities etc.) has proven to be a very good tool to balance units by adjusting their availability or timing, without having to nerf their performance. One major advantage with this is that it allows for units to remain strong to keep them attractive to use, but helps prevent them from being deployed in quick succession and/or in overwhelming numbers.

In the last 2 patches units like Pathfinders, Assault Grenadiers, Valentine and Jaeger Light Infantry all triggered a vast amount of complaints after their initial timings or performance changes about overperformance, and ultimately they have been fixed without touching their performance at all just by limiting their availability (I have barely ever seen any complaints about those units since the follow-up patches). These small changes are usually way more effective than people initially think.

As for the Churchill specifically, I personally do not believe a single Churchill is overperforming (except that grenade ability they had at vet 0), and that the unit is only really problematic when deployed in overwhelming numbers (~3 at once). So from my point of view, there is no reason to overly punish players using 1 or max 2 Churchills in a diverse build by nerfing the unit's primary performance.

So for now, availability will be more limited to see if that alone works, and if ultimately it doesn't work, performance can always still be nerfed later. But the first option is preferred.

I am very pleased to see that the MOD has taking into account the suggestion I have made many times to stoped overbuffing and overnurfing base stats and use secondary stats instead.

In the case of Churchill though there stat that are not inline with other units:

1) Rotation. Simply too high
2) Rear armour. Simply too high the value make PzIV unable to harm the unit even if they move in the rear.
3) easy access to defensive smoke

Suggestions:
Reduce rotation speed to similar levels with other heavy tanks
Reduce rear armour
Replace concealing smoke with smoke that provides "cover status" (not cover bonuses) or remove smoke or move to veterancy.
31 Aug 2019, 13:21 PM

dear mod team fix land matress

i believe the nerf hammer was too hard on the poor thing (land mattres), the damage it does is similar to the katushya but has lower mid range damage and has a 0.5 reduce damage vs heavy cover, it's the only one to have it (all other have 1), but the bigger problem is the targeting circle, it's to big and it does not actually show where the rocket are gonna hit, the problem I believe is the distance ratio of a whopping 0.6 (all other have rocket art have 0.16) and the scatter angle of 15

To fix the unit I believe normalizing the ratio is the first step (if not 0.16 at least 0.2-0.3), then changing the angle to 12-13 would make it more consistent
maybe normalizing the cover damage to 1 too ? Or maybe 0.75 as is the only team weapon art (so no easy puma hunt)?

Here some img for what I mean the targeting circle doesn't actually show where the rocket hit, 1 at max range 1 at minimum (bigger than my resolution)

the blue dot is where I clicked, the red lines are the circle edge, u can see its worth jack shit as indication, in green I made the circle(?) of what the actual targeting circle should actually look like, so around half of what it shows
and yes I have a paint master degree thank you

here something vipper made so u can even better understand what I mean

The reload time is also way to high compared to other artillerie units
31 Aug 2019, 13:24 PM

exactly see we agree

btw tulips are now a draw back ? i mean let's nerf stug by giving them tulips :snfPeter:

But that would require it to shoot once every fool moon, like ff does!
31 Aug 2019, 13:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 13:24 PMKatitof

But that would require it to shoot once every fool moon, like ff does!
u forgot the 200 damage
31 Aug 2019, 13:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Aug 2019, 13:21 PMmadin2

The reload time is also way to high compared to other artillery units
i at least want them to fix the targeting circle, it's absurd that it does not show where the rocket will actually land LIKE ALL OTHER ART
31 Aug 2019, 13:32 PM

All this discussion on further nerfs to the Churchill, is based on this one game, where price made several mistakes by floating 1000 mp building no caches, the pak to late, no Tellers pushing many times with a shrek blob in an AI tank?
That's just silly.
From where, beside this one game, is the balance team taking its data when nobody plays UKF?

If they further nerf the Churchill and buff the Comet, UKF players just swap from Churchill to Comet
PAGES (18)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS