Login

russian armor

OKW September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (29)down
3 Sep 2019, 12:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2019, 10:38 AMLago
Please don't lock the Flame Hetzer behind Panzer Authorization.

The earlier timing had the potential to make Feuersturm a viable commander.

Unlike the Ostwind (which definitely should stay behind Panzer Authorization no matter what) the Flame Hetzer has no AT capabilities at all. All three opposing factions have an AT light vehicle that can fight it when it hits the field.

Hetzer has smaller target size and better armor than Ostwind. We need nerf its armor if we move this unit out of Panzer Authorization lock.
3 Sep 2019, 12:05 PM

Hetzer has smaller target size and better armor than Ostwind. We need nerf its armor if we move this unit out of Panzer Authorization lock.

We would if it did more than zero damage to light vehicles.

Stuart versus Flame Hetzer, Flame Hetzer loses.

Plus, have you all people complaining about Hetzer have even used it in last 12 months? Its perfectly fine for performance where it is, it doesn't matter it can't damage vehicles, that's how AI units work, it can easily 1v1 ATG and will murder all infantry that isn't supported by a med tank at least.

I'm not saying it should damage vehicles. It's a flame tank. It shouldn't damage vehicles.

I'm saying because it can't damage vehicles it's foolish to treat it like the Ostwind, which kills lights.

The Flame Hetzer's a good unit, but its position in the tech tree means it's rarely a viable pick. By the time you can build it you need your own medium tanks out.

It's a bit like the Soviet M5. That's also a good unit, but in Soviet T3 it's forever under the T-70's shadow.
3 Sep 2019, 12:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2019, 12:05 PMLago

We would if it did more than zero damage to light vehicles.

Stuart versus Flame Hetzer, Flame Hetzer loses.

Since AEC and Stuart could not penetrate Hetzer from distance, they need to dive in which will put them in the range of Volks' snare.
3 Sep 2019, 12:17 PM

Since AEC and Stuart could not penetrate Hetzer from distance, they need to dive in which will put them in the range of Volks' snare.

If an AEC or two really can't deal with the Hetzer, then yes, lower its armour.

A weaker Hetzer at an earlier timing is preferable to a stronger Hetzer at an unhelpful timing.
3 Sep 2019, 13:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2019, 12:05 PMLago
The Flame Hetzer's a good unit, but its position in the tech tree means it's rarely a viable pick. By the time you can build it you need your own medium tanks out.

I disagree, I use the Hetzer rush a lot in 3v3s and it has really good shock value even at SPHQ being 120 fuel. It's easy to compensate its lack of AT by building 2 Raketens in preparation. Allies can't do much about it without medium tanks as it quite easily kills ATGs and AT infantry, and Allied lights (except SU-76, but who builds SU-76 as their first T3 unit) can't really touch it when there's Volks and Raketens around. SPHQ for 80 fuel was really pushing its timing to the max already. At 60 fuel I believe it would come too soon.

It might not be as good in 1v1s with slower resources, but it seems like it's not possible to fix it for that mode without making it broken in team games.
3 Sep 2019, 13:48 PM

I disagree, I use the Hetzer rush a lot in 3v3s and it has really good shock value even at SPHQ being 120 fuel. It's easy to compensate its lack of AT by building 2 Raketens in preparation. Allies can't do much about it without medium tanks as it quite easily kills ATGs and AT infantry, and Allied lights (except SU-76, but who builds SU-76 as their first T3 unit) can't really touch it when there's Volks and Raketens around. SPHQ for 80 fuel was really pushing its timing to the max already. At 60 fuel I believe it would come too soon.

It might not be as good in 1v1s with slower resources, but it seems like it's not possible to fix it for that mode without making it broken in team games.

Simply use Cp requirements in all call in vehicles (or only is super heavies.)
4 Sep 2019, 05:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post3 Sep 2019, 13:48 PMVipper

Simply use Cp requirements in all call in vehicles (or only is super heavies.)

+1

CP + Tech is working for heavy tanks. Why not for other vehicle callins? (Like Hetzer or Mobile Defense Puma)
4 Sep 2019, 10:58 AM

The Hetzer on live is fine at 120 fuel, it's a really good unit to rush.
The new veterancy requirements will help it perform beyond its initial shock window, because it gets good veterancy bonuses.

Putting it at 80 fuel was really pushing its shock power, but ultimately we felt that Obers needed to come a little bit sooner and that it wasn't worth putting the Schwerer at 80 fuel just for the Hetzer, that people would maybe use in 1/10-1/20 matches, compared to Obers that might be used almost every match now.

Did you consider moving Obers to T0 and put them behind 2 setup trucks? Would open the play for going T1/T2 build. It would be OP before the patch becouse of command Panther call in but currently that problem is solved. Spliting T4 would still be a thing, just first stage would require more fuel. Split it more like 90/30 fuel. First access would give you possibility to build JP4 and doctrinal ostwind/hetzer.

In 1 way, it's not as good solution as the one presented in the mod for players who plans to build T1-T4 becouse it wouldn't be so temping rushing for obers but on the other hand would open a new form of getting obers earlier by getting only T1 and T2.
4 Sep 2019, 14:16 PM

As we are talking about OKW and KT changes, can I ask for reduce MG price for KT? Every other OKW tank has it for 50 munis , don't get why KT need to buy for 20 munis more.
4 Sep 2019, 14:23 PM

As we are talking about OKW and KT changes, can I ask for reduce MG price for KT? Every other OKW tank has it for 50 munis , don't get why KT need to buy for 20 munis more.

Because its a stronger MG.

Its slightly weaker up to range 5, but if you have infantry at that range to your KT, it means you fucked up and are about to kiss AT satchel and from range 5 and up, its stronger.
4 Sep 2019, 14:35 PM

Allright then, I never knew that it's stronger mg.
4 Sep 2019, 14:55 PM

KT's MG could suppress infantry while "Spearhead Mode" is active.
4 Sep 2019, 15:01 PM

Because its a stronger MG.

Its slightly weaker up to range 5, but if you have infantry at that range to your KT, it means you fucked up and are about to kiss AT satchel and from range 5 and up, its stronger.

That information is inaccurate.

OKW PzIV HMG is superior up to range 30

PzIV range 0/30 15.187/5.462
KT range 0/30 13.542/5.09

(source cruzz)
4 Sep 2019, 15:18 PM

KT's MG could suppress infantry while "Spearhead Mode" is active.

Only the hull MG deals suppression with Spearhead.
4 Sep 2019, 15:39 PM

Call-in requirements for the heavy tank destroyers Elefant, Jagdtiger and ISU-152 remain at their old values but now also require end tier tech.

This change affect JT (and Elefant) allot more than it does ISU-152.
4 Sep 2019, 15:44 PM

CP + Tech is working for heavy tanks. Why not for other vehicle callins? (Like Hetzer or Mobile Defense Puma)

The shock aspect of those units (hetzet, OST puma, S76) was their main attribute. This could be used as a quick reaction unit.
The call in design is just a way to add variety, it sure had some exploits because it articulates the tech system.

Its just a way to keep things simple, to have no tech bound call-ins, otherwise all the affected units should have a considerable MP cost discount to make up their new added tech investment costs.
4 Sep 2019, 17:08 PM

The shock aspect of those units (hetzet, OST puma, S76) was their main attribute. This could be used as a quick reaction unit.
The call in design is just a way to add variety, it sure had some exploits because it articulates the tech system.

Its just a way to keep things simple, to have no tech bound call-ins, otherwise all the affected units should have a considerable MP cost discount to make up their new added tech investment costs.

Exactly, shock value is their main attribute. That's why right now some vehicles are fine for team games but trash for 1v1. So far Cp + tech is doing good for heavies in all game modes. And yeah it would need some adjustments (cost, tech requirements , CPs and if the unit is a callin or not) but making those timing based units good for 1v1s is worth it IMO
4 Sep 2019, 19:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post4 Sep 2019, 15:01 PMVipper

That information is inaccurate.

OKW PzIV HMG is superior up to range 30

PzIV range 0/30 15.187/5.462
KT range 0/30 13.542/5.09

(source cruzz)

Its funny, because my source was this:
https://coh2db.com/stats/
Which was made by cruzz as far as I'm aware.
4 Sep 2019, 20:08 PM

KT MG42 has
Better Accuracy
Better Penetration
Better Aim Time
Better Reload Time
Better Reload Interval
4% Incremental Accuracy
Longer Far Burst Duration

PzIV MG42 has
Faster ROF
Longer Near Burst Duration
4 Sep 2019, 20:17 PM

Its funny, because my source was this:
https://coh2db.com/stats/
Which was made by cruzz as far as I'm aware.

It is funny because you seem to have trouble reading stats.

What are the stats that you read from that link?
PAGES (29)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS