Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
16 Aug 2019, 18:02 PM

For one, if your hit with a mortar, odds are another model wont be killed for the loop to come into play.

and you fail to understand how the whole thing works... its small arms + aoe that guarantees wipes on maxims

For two, when a vikers or a 42 retreating at one man, them not having a deathloop isnt an issue, you do know why right?

and yet you again fail to understand the relevance of the deathloop.....

stop being biased and play the soviets for once... all comments youve made so far only prove how you barely even touched the soviet faction let alone

i have an idea... how about playing the soviets before commenting about soviet balance?
16 Aug 2019, 18:02 PM

Its because guards have 4 weapons slots being used: 2 ptrs and 2 dps

The more weapon slots used, the higher the chance to drop a weapon upgrade. That's why you rarely see grens or obers drop a lmg while guards are walking pinatas

I am talking about airborne guards. I stopped using regular guards long ago. I mean my play style doesn't accommodate regular guards. I like shock troops heavy grenade. Regular guard grenade is lackluster to me. Plus they can't fight close range. Shocks can rush a VP and fight as well.
16 Aug 2019, 18:04 PM

Air guards are 380 mp. Elite troops should be trained not to drop weapons lol. They have few infiltration options unlike falls. I would like someone to post their stats especially it being a new unit. I understand falls are squishy.
16 Aug 2019, 19:03 PM

Would you guys please be so kind to take the Maxim deathloop discussion to another thread? This thread is meant for feedback on the patch changes, and 9 pages of bickering about MGs is not helping us notice important feedback and suggestions at all.
16 Aug 2019, 19:13 PM

Would you guys please be so kind to take the Maxim deathloop discussion to another thread? This thread is meant for feedback on the patch changes, and 9 pages of bickering about MGs is not helping us notice important feedback and suggestions at all.

+1
16 Aug 2019, 19:19 PM

Its because guards have 4 weapons slots being used: 2 ptrs and 2 dps

The more weapon slots used, the higher the chance to drop a weapon upgrade. That's why you rarely see grens or obers drop a lmg while guards are walking pinatas

Actually we were talking about airborne guards...
16 Aug 2019, 19:29 PM

Partysan Boobytraps-
15 munis, 15 second plant time, ~5 second stun time

They seem okay, but to use the ~5 second stun (with minor damage) you need to spend the time planting the trap and then waiting to ambush someone. It seems easier to just plant a mine, which would work just as well to suppress someone and you don't NEED to wait and combo with it. Cheaper than a mine though. It has potential though for sure since it's more of a cool ambush tactic rather than just blowing up a squad with a normal boobytrap.

The ambush bonus also seems interesting combo with it, but if you want to advance during that 5 seconds of stun less so.

Does anybody else have thoughts on the boobytraps/partisans?
16 Aug 2019, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 19:19 PMJilet

Actually we were talking about airborne guards...

In which there is nothing airborne.:foreveralone:
16 Aug 2019, 20:00 PM

Okay i madr some videos of air guards vs falls on sandbag cover in medium to long range. Pardon the quality. Laptop is potato. Also its my first time uploading vids on YouTube. I will soon provide the link. They are uploading
16 Aug 2019, 20:19 PM

In which there is nothing airborne.:foreveralone:

Buildingborne.
16 Aug 2019, 20:24 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 20:19 PMJilet

Buildingborne.

Shrak dwellers
16 Aug 2019, 21:06 PM

Okay i madr some videos of air guards vs falls on sandbag cover in medium to long range. Pardon the quality. Laptop is potato. Also its my first time uploading vids on YouTube. I will soon provide the link. They are uploading

complete playlist link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHp03z6K6cRdIbxT6I9dIXIrhrcWbnAKy
16 Aug 2019, 21:48 PM

Airborne Guards having normal weapon drop chance is another balance team fail, PTRS/DP Guards have reduced weapon drop precicely because they were dropping their weapons left and right, which led to drop % reduction.
People pointed out that DP drop rate needs to go down to same level as vanilla Guards but they obviously didnt care to fix it (As if DP upgrade wasnt bad enough without them giving DP's to every axis infantry they encounter)
16 Aug 2019, 21:54 PM

complete playlist link:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHp03z6K6cRdIbxT6I9dIXIrhrcWbnAKy

Falls were never good. "Jack of all trades, masters of none" kind of unit.

Was not even good in one thing. Has much utility, that is it.

Their accuracy is rather poor according to stats and they cost too much like around 360-380 manpower.

Terrible investment.

Obers, Jager Lights and even Volks have clearly been, the proper performing units.

Falls, just bottom on the list.

Back to Soviet topic.

I think the doctrinal Airborne guards should still get the parachute drop since it has that indicator.

It is supposed to be an airborne unit, right?

16 Aug 2019, 21:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 21:48 PMKirrik
Airborne Guards having normal weapon drop chance is another balance team fail, PTRS/DP Guards have reduced weapon drop precicely because they were dropping their weapons left and right, which led to drop % reduction.
People pointed out that DP drop rate needs to go down to same level as vanilla Guards but they obviously didnt care to fix it (As if DP upgrade wasnt bad enough without them giving DP's to every axis infantry they encounter)

Well i have covered all sorts of encounters of A.Guards with Falls in my Playlist. Hopefully it can be of some use to people.
16 Aug 2019, 21:57 PM

Falls were never good. "Jack of all trades, masters of none" kind of unit.

Was not even good in one thing. Has much utility, that is it.

Their accuracy is rather poor according to stats and they cost too much like around 360-380 manpower.

Terrible investment.

Obers, Jager Lights and even Volks have clearly been, the proper performing units.

Falls, just bottom on the list.

Back to Soviet topic.

I think the doctrinal Airborne guards should still get the parachute drop since it has that indicator.

It is supposed to be an airborne unit, right?

There were some bugs with animation hence they added them as troops who have previously infiltrated behind the enemy lines. I was fine with that smoke animation in the test mod tbh. Its basically same thing and costs 20 mp less at 360 instead of 380.
17 Aug 2019, 00:33 AM

Been testing out the IS-2. Fragmentation does nothing to garrison units, not sure if intended.

More importantly, Im abit worried that the changes will push the kv2 back into obscurity. While the kv2 has massive aeo, the new is-2 does enough damage allowing the mg to pick infantry off like flies which is a problem because the kv2 is really only good against infantry.

The kv2 only real advantage is range (as it improves with vet 2).
17 Aug 2019, 00:52 AM

Been testing out the IS-2. Fragmentation does nothing to garrison units, not sure if intended.

More importantly, Im abit worried that the changes will push the kv2 back into obscurity. While the kv2 has massive aeo, the new is-2 does enough damage allowing the mg to pick infantry off like flies which is a problem because the kv2 is really only good against infantry.

The kv2 only real advantage is range (as it improves with vet 2).

IS2 vet is similar to the Kv-2 but it seems to be better overall. I don't really feel the tanks perform equally at the moment especially considering the fuel cost is equal. You see Is2 all the time and the Kv2 is not nearly as popular.

KV2 Vet 2
+50% weapon rotation speed, +25% direct fire range, +14.3% indirect fire

IS2 Vet 2

+50% weapon rotation speed, +25% range, +20% accuracy

Kv2 Vet 3
+20% weapon rotation speed, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration, +180 hp

Is2
-30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration

17 Aug 2019, 00:59 AM

IS2 vet is similar to the Kv-2 but it seems to be better overall. I don't really feel the tanks perform equally at the moment especially considering the fuel cost is equal. You see Is2 all the time and the Kv2 is not nearly as popular.

KV2 Vet 2
+50% weapon rotation speed, +25% direct fire range, +14.3% indirect fire

IS2 Vet 2

+50% weapon rotation speed, +25% range, +20% accuracy

Kv2 Vet 3
+20% weapon rotation speed, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration, +180 hp

Is2
-30% reload, +20% rotation speed, +20% speed, +20% ac/de-celeration

Kv2 vet 3 speed bonus was replaced with the health bonus in the commander revamp.
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United Kingdom 165
unknown 4
United States 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %