Login

russian armor

Soviet September patch discussion

• This thread is locked
PAGES (30)down
16 Aug 2019, 01:20 AM

IMHO one of possible ways to deal with penal meta - split penals on 2 upgrades:

1. Squad with ppsh and satchels - close combat unit.
2. Squad with ptrs and AT-satchels and some AT-ability - at-hunters

Penals must become support units for cons. Not main damage dealers. Cons became main infantry unit.

Because right now, both roles exist in one unit. That also one of reasons why you can play only through penals.
by Maret

why not do it for cons instead? would give cons other purpose then merge and snare

i really love tank hunter commander all is ability are unique except the arty piece at cons just give a new life and purpose to a unit that is barely play
16 Aug 2019, 03:03 AM

With Maxim-buff a 5men squad will be large enough.

Maxim blobs become popular at the moment again, even without changes.

Remove the deathloop first then we can consider 5 man maxims
16 Aug 2019, 03:22 AM

And the above can as likely wipe the 4 man squad. Loosing 3 men on a MG42 and forcing a retreat is a worse situation than losing 3 men with a maxim and forcing a retreat. If a model dies on the retreating maxim, it might get stuck in the deathloop and the unit may die. If a model dies on the retreating MG42, the unit will die.

Again your bias clouds your judgement...

But what can we expect from someone who has 3k OKW games with less than 400 total allied games...

Anyways you fail to understand the mechanism behind the deathloop... the key is to use AOE damage to do damage to alot of models... at which point 6 man sizes are as irrelevant as 10...
16 Aug 2019, 04:32 AM

I'd like to see partisans get commando/stormtrooper camo. Even with the buffs (which are definitely very interesting and going in the right direction for sure IMO), they're still made out of wet tissue paper and as such they're even more reliant on their camo than the other 2 are, and still have about the same amount of utility. I just don't see any reason at all for them not to have that camo.
16 Aug 2019, 05:56 AM

Not necessarily. Again, assuming cons get a look at, namely a price reduction, say 220mp and then the actual cost would remain unchanged, but multi maxim strats would become costly. You would need to balance it with cons or lose the whole map.

Also maxims made functional is required of course.

This concept does not work very much to compensate for the price of 300 mp Maxim and leave the presence of units on the map at the same level as he is (and I must say that Soviet is one of the worst for the factions), the price of Conscripts should be reduced to 200 mp. And this will create a bunch of problems: the productivity of the Draftee should be nerf to the Osttruppen level or the Osttruppen buff to the Conscripts? 200 mp Conscripts is also touched by the T1 balance. So this concept will destroy more than create.
16 Aug 2019, 06:43 AM

IMHO one of possible ways to deal with penal meta - split penals on 2 upgrades:

1. Squad with ppsh and satchels - close combat unit.
2. Squad with ptrs and AT-satchels and some AT-ability - at-hunters

Penals must become support units for cons. Not main damage dealers. Cons became main infantry unit.

Because right now, both roles exist in one unit. That also one of reasons why you can play only through penals.
by Maret

why not do it for cons instead? would give cons other purpose then merge and snare

i really love tank hunter commander all is ability are unique except the arty piece at cons just give a new life and purpose to a unit that is barely play

Penals will always be damage dealers, because cons aren't.
16 Aug 2019, 07:28 AM

infiltration commando. would have a word with you.

I would agree to talk to them rather than the glass Falss.
16 Aug 2019, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 03:03 AMgbem

Remove the deathloop first then we can consider 5 man maxims

Deathloop, like all support-weapons have?
16 Aug 2019, 09:39 AM

Deathloop, like all support-weapons have?

your comment clearly shows that you have no idea on what the deathloop truly is....

no only 3 machineguns have the deathloop
16 Aug 2019, 09:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 09:39 AMgbem

your comment clearly shows that you have no idea on what the deathloop truly is....

no only 3 machineguns have the deathloop

How should you remove that mechanic? That is how the blue-print works.

Is there a modder fixing that? I can look on it. For me it was a mechanic, because it ignores suppression, so it never was a huge thing for me.
16 Aug 2019, 10:18 AM

the deathloop occurs when the gunner model dies and the troops have to do a pickup animation that delays their movement/retreat... machineguns aside from the 3 mentioned instead teleport the machinegun from 1 model to another... the difference here is that when the gunner model

unfortunately no... the deathloop is a coding error with the game... and the maxim unfortunately is the machinegun that has the worst pickup animation of all machineguns... soo its wiped quite regularly even with its 6 man crew
16 Aug 2019, 10:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 10:18 AMgbem
the deathloop occurs when the gunner model dies and the troops have to do a pickup animation that delays their movement/retreat... machineguns aside from the 3 mentioned instead teleport the machinegun from 1 model to another... the difference here is that when the gunner model

unfortunately no... the deathloop is a coding error with the game... and the maxim unfortunately is the machinegun that has the worst pickup animation of all machineguns... soo its wiped quite regularly even with its 6 man crew

It is how the blueprint works, it isn't a bug, it works like PaK or leIG.

I will look at it, if that is needed to nerf it and stop Maxim-blobbs.
16 Aug 2019, 11:11 AM

mg42s vickers and mg34s do not suffer from the death loop

only the maxim DSHK and 50 cal do
16 Aug 2019, 11:24 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 11:11 AMgbem
mg42s vickers and mg34s do not suffer from the death loop

only the maxim DSHK and 50 cal do

You don't have to repeat yourself the hole time, we got it. Back to the root, it is how the blue-print works and no bug.

I/We understand it isn't fine how it works, I will look at it, to find a work-around.
16 Aug 2019, 11:27 AM

it IS a bug... and it MAKES the maxims survivability lower than what you would expect from a 6 man machinegun
16 Aug 2019, 11:54 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 11:27 AMgbem
it IS a bug... and it MAKES the maxims survivability lower than what you would expect from a 6 man machinegun

No it isn't. Maxim simply works like a PaK. It needs a crew to operate, or it looks like sh*t.
16 Aug 2019, 11:55 AM

Wid means that they used the coding of at guns so it can’t teleport
16 Aug 2019, 12:11 PM

You don't have to repeat yourself the hole time, we got it. Back to the root, it is how the blue-print works and no bug.

I/We understand it isn't fine how it works, I will look at it, to find a work-around.

It became a bug when it became problem. Snipers in clowncar - were bug or problem? It was coded that snipers can sit inside vehicle, but was reworked.
16 Aug 2019, 12:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post16 Aug 2019, 12:11 PMMaret

It became a bug when it became problem. Snipers in clowncar - were bug or problem? It was coded that snipers can sit inside vehicle, but was reworked.

It is still not a bug, it would be, if it has a problem as working enity.

Or is the Püppchen bugged, because it needs a Crew to operate? No, it is not.

What you want is that Maxim becomes buged, switching around and have broken movement animators. That isn't like this blue-print works.

I am working one something, something doesn't destroy the eyes.
16 Aug 2019, 12:20 PM

if the deathloop can be fixed then fine... 4 man maxims are perfectly acceptable... otherwise it has to stay 6 man just to offset how easy it is to wipe on retreat
PAGES (30)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS