Login

russian armor

UKF 6 pdr vs OST Pak 40

11 Aug 2019, 05:47 AM

Recently, I have been testing between UKF 6 pdr and OST pak40. Both At gun have very similar base stats. However, I found out something rather interesting.

In comparison:
Pak 40:
Take less exp to vet up.
Much more useful secondary ability.
Reload a little bit quicker at vet 3.

6 pdr:
Faster ready aim time at vet 0( did not find out any difference base on pure stats but found differences during field testing.)
15% aim bonus to light armors( maybe have been removed)
The cool projectile effect after reaching vet 3 :)

Please let me know if I have missed anything impoartant. And, most importantly, tell me a reason that I will pick an abandon 6 pdr over a pak 40 as the other factions.

11 Aug 2019, 08:16 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2019, 05:47 AMHarry

Please let me know if I have missed anything impoartant. And, most importantly, tell me a reason that I will pick an abandon 6 pdr over a pak 40 as the other factions.

You wouldn't, just as you wouldnt pick a leig over a pack howitzer if they were laying side by side.
11 Aug 2019, 11:20 AM

100% rotation rate at vet 2, it basically becomes unflankable
At vet 3 it gets better pen and vet

Basically It trade 10% less reload speed for 100% more rotation
11 Aug 2019, 13:36 PM

Bonus again light vehicle of the 6pdr has been removed.
11 Aug 2019, 15:17 PM

If both were exactly the same, you will be playing Age of Heroes, not CoH2 itself. Game balance demands asymmetry, there is no point in the comparison and it is biased too. Vet3 is pen upgrade and OP shows it as "a cool bullet effect"

OP you tell us why you want to choose between ATGs when most of the time the issue is to have/to not have any ATG when mediums start to roam
11 Aug 2019, 16:19 PM

If both were exactly the same, you will be playing Age of Heroes, not CoH2 itself. Game balance demands asymmetry, there is no point in the comparison and it is biased too. Vet3 is pen upgrade and OP shows it as "a cool bullet effect"

OP you tell us why you want to choose between ATGs when most of the time the issue is to have/to not have any ATG when mediums start to roam

I would like to ask you to read my post again, kindly.
My points were clear: And, most importantly, tell me a reason that I will pick an abandon 6 pdr over a pak 40 as the other factions.
The reason that I start this conversation is that it is very often to see dropped pak 40 and 6 pdr side by side on the frontline in team games, yet most of the time I only have one spare squad to pick only one of them up. It does not sound like it, but it is a critical decision. I never expected all ATGs in game to have exact same stats.
I know the " cool bullet effect " means the gun received a pen upgrade. Both 6 pdr and pak 40 receive the same amount of bonus pen after they fully vetted. However, even though it looks cool, the " a cool bullet effect " is also a warning sign that is telling you opponents that they are facing a fully vetted ATG. As being said, the Pak gun does not this cool looking warning sign, yet it is much more lethal as it reached vet three due to its faster reloading speed.
I do appreciate Stug life letting me know that 6 pdr can rotate insanely quick after reaching vet 2. So, if you have also noticed something that makes 6 pdr more worth picking than a pak gun, please let me know.
11 Aug 2019, 16:55 PM

Can you maybe try to READ what someone posts before answering?
11 Aug 2019, 17:07 PM

Oh, my bad. Let's start agai then OP. (I was going straight to the point in the last post)
The game is deeply rooted in decision making plays and strategic advantage, to compare AoE is more like an APM simmetryc RTS and starcraft like an APM assinetryc RTS.
Therefore if you can choose any of both, parks or pndr you should always take account what you need and what their vet1 are worth for you. To axis it might seem appealing to steal a pndr since they cant recruit them normally, as to an UKF player that will find attractive to steal a Pak. Statswise they both are as similar as they can, given the fact that CoH2 is assinetryc by definition.

Even OST and UKF are pretty similar overall, with fewer differences than any other two opposite factions. I think there is no. Real value of showing any imbalance between the pak and pndr, mainly because ATG are not being a big issue in the current metagame
11 Aug 2019, 17:56 PM

Can you maybe try to READ what someone posts before answering?

Oh but I did. OP wanted to know why would you not choose a pak over a pndr.

Then he posted some stats and started a comparison. He was kind asking.
11 Aug 2019, 17:57 PM

i already posted above, do u want more mobility and durability + almost unflankable+ more accuracy or do u want a bit more reload and a mini stun (Target Weakpoint stun changed to -75% speed, rotation, and disables weapons for 5 seconds) for munition ?

Pak 40 7.5cm Anti-tank Gun
Unlocks the 'Target Weak Point' ability
-30% reload, +30% rotation speed
-10% reload, +30% penetration

6 Pounder' Anti Tank Gun

Unlocks Rapid movement:
+25% rotation +25% speed +25% acceleration when active
+100% rotation speed,-30% reload
Changes shell to Pak40_75mm_vet_mp(visual change only),+30% accuracy,+30% penetration
11 Aug 2019, 22:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post11 Aug 2019, 05:47 AMHarry
Recently, I have been testing between UKF 6 pdr and OST pak40. Both At gun have very similar base stats. However, I found out something rather interesting.

In comparison:
Pak 40:
Take less exp to vet up.
Much more useful secondary ability.
Reload a little bit quicker at vet 3.

6 pdr:
Faster ready aim time at vet 0( did not find out any difference base on pure stats but found differences during field testing.)
15% aim bonus to light armors( maybe have been removed)
The cool projectile effect after reaching vet 3 :)

If you're playing online, I'd pick whichever one didn't belong to a teammate before being decrewed. Other than that, a Pak40 with TWP is very good.
11 Aug 2019, 23:53 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

Just going to reiterate how useful the 6 pounder's vet 1 ability is. The bonuses seem relatively trivial, but the extra movement speed means that the 6 pounder can actually chase down a lot of snared mediums that the pak cannot.

Of course, as far as the comparison goes, the pak probably could have just TWPd and gotten off as many extra shots, but that does require the pak to have been in position to begin with and isn't really useful against tank that are already snared. Also, IIRC, the 6 pounder's ability is free.

Basically, don't underrate the 6 pounder's vet 1 ability.
11 Aug 2019, 23:54 PM

Just going to reiterate how useful the 6 pounder's vet 1 ability is. The bonuses seem relatively trivial, but the extra movement speed means that the 6 pounder can actually chase down a lot of snared mediums that the pak cannot.

Of course, as far as the comparison goes, the pak probably could have just TWPd and gotten off as many extra shots, but that does require the pak to have been in position to begin with and isn't really useful against tank that are already snared. Also, IIRC, the 6 pounder's ability is free.

+1

That thing is really clutch, and it doesn't cost muni like TWP.
12 Aug 2019, 04:48 AM

+1

Imo i been saying, Ost vet bonus are not good, hence they are worse faction late games.
12 Aug 2019, 23:50 PM

Guys, come on. Even the Zis is a better weapon because of its AI power.

PaK40 is a dead weapon, that is the reason T2 isn't build that often anymore. You build it because of OP early allii vehicles, after you get raped my trolling.

PaK40 would be useful with 62,5 range to compensate bad range of german stock tanks. And if 6 pounder gets a nerf to US stats, so the PaK emplacement gets a real order.

13 Aug 2019, 03:40 AM

^
Pak 40 is bad 4Head

Its true about the barrage ability is useful (same goes to the underuse "Tracking" ability).
But let me remind you one IMPORTANT thing ...

We build AT gun to counter LV and TANKS !!!

Which Pak 40 is far superiror than Zis gun in term of AT (Zis gun AT is good btw, better and easier to use than crappy pupchen LUL).
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★