Login

russian armor

StuG life not viable

PAGES (12)down
6 Aug 2019, 12:21 PM

That sure is one biased comparison if I ever saw one. How about we take their vet 0 performance to compare and not the vet 3 one which obviously favors the Panzer IV because of its armor bonus? Why would you take a relatively rare scenario (all tanks vet 3) for a comparison?

P4 got armor bonus on vet2 IRC? Penetration still the same at all mediums on every vet, with vet only ROF increase.
6 Aug 2019, 12:25 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2019, 12:21 PMMaret

P4 got armor bonus on vet2 IRC? Penetration still the same at all mediums on every vet, with vet only ROF increase.
the Cromwell and Sherman get additional offensive vet bonuses (c gets even more reload speed, s gets accuracy, not at it was really needed)
P4 instead gets defensive bonuses
6 Aug 2019, 12:26 PM

I do not really see how tying super heavies to tech will make medium tanks more attractive.

Allies have little reason to invest in mediums since their infatry can beat axis infatry and their TDs can deal with all armor and axis have little reason to invest heavily in medium since allied TDs can hit and penetrate the PzIV with almost 100% chance even at 60 range.
6 Aug 2019, 12:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2019, 12:26 PMVipper
I do not really see how tying super heavies to tech will make medium tanks more attractive.

I think this is theme for different, long, holywar thread...
6 Aug 2019, 12:29 PM

the Cromwell and Sherman get additional offensive vet bonuses (c gets even more reload speed, s gets accuracy, not at it was really needed)

I'd rather have +30% armor -30% reload then -50% reload alone.

High DPS doesn't matter much if you don't live long enough to benefit from it, Pershing being exception of its class and still having to tail it the moment something posing even remote threat appears nearby.
6 Aug 2019, 12:34 PM

Some offtopic: but what you suggest to cromw and to sherman?

ROF for sherman makes wipes with HE more often. Armor bonus (americans very often use addtitional handmade armor for their tanks, especially on frontal armor and it was better than axis skirts) like in reality? With greater penetrarion make p4 in quite awkward position.

Accuracy for cromw i think will lead to the same result - wipes of squads. Armor? Speed for sake of God of speed? I think all remembered old game Carmageddon and wwhat you can did in it with peoples?
6 Aug 2019, 13:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2019, 12:34 PMMaret

Some offtopic: but what you suggest to cromw and to sherman?

ROF for sherman makes wipes with HE more often. Armor bonus (americans very often use addtitional handmade armor for their tanks, especially on frontal armor and it was better than axis skirts) like in reality? With greater penetrarion make p4 in quite awkward position.

Accuracy for cromw i think will lead to the same result - wipes of squads. Armor? Speed for sake of God of speed? I think all remembered old game Carmageddon and wwhat you can did in it with peoples?
they are perfectly fine, we are talking about the stugs here
6 Aug 2019, 13:34 PM

I'd rather have +30% armor -30% reload then -50% reload alone.

High DPS doesn't matter much if you don't live long enough to benefit from it, Pershing being exception of its class and still having to tail it the moment something posing even remote threat appears nearby.
well, no , why do u think in moba people picks both attack and defense upgrade ? They have equal value , it just depends on the role of the tank

P4 is a defensive tank , Sherman and Cromwell are offensive tanks
6 Aug 2019, 13:44 PM

(c gets even more reload speed, s gets accuracy,

not at it was really needed

)

Maybe my english too bad to understand meaning of this phrase?
6 Aug 2019, 13:44 PM

well, no , why do u think in moba people picks both attack and defense upgrade ? They have equal value , it just depends on the role of the tank

P4 is a defensive tank , Sherman and Cromwell are offensive tanks

That translates to P4 being able to fight tanks effectively, while allied meds can't, but will perform better vs infantry.

Moba dynamics are incomparable here, last I've checked, you didn't needed a mage specifically to damage a tank.
6 Aug 2019, 13:50 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2019, 13:44 PMMaret

Maybe my english too bad to understand meaning of this phrase?
I’m on phone, I meant that the 30% more accuracy is not really needed as it has better moving accuracy
6 Aug 2019, 13:55 PM

That translates to P4 being able to fight tanks effectively, while allied meds can't, but will perform better vs infantry.

Moba dynamics are incomparable here, last I've checked, you didn't needed a mage specifically to damage a tank.
accuracy works only on tank, reload works for both inf and tanks

If I take 2 tanks and to one I give it a 50% additional chance to not get pen while to the other I give it the ability to shoot with half the speed they equalize
6 Aug 2019, 13:57 PM

accuracy works only on tank, reload works for both inf and tanks

If I take 2 tanks and to one I give it a 50% additional chance to not get pen while to the other I give it the ability to shoot with half the speed they equalize

Rate of fire part improves AI performance.
6 Aug 2019, 14:03 PM

Rate of fire part improves AI performance.
and AT too u don’t need a genius to understand that if the pak fired twice at fast it would be better vs tanks
6 Aug 2019, 14:07 PM

and AT too u don’t need a genius to understand that if the pak fired twice at fast it would be better vs tanks

Not against P4 non flanked.
That's the point I'm making.
P4 scales in superior way vs VEHICLES that can deal AT damage, while allied meds scale vs INFANTRY.
6 Aug 2019, 14:14 PM

Again wrong if I fire 2 shoots I have double the chances to pen (at least theoretically)
6 Aug 2019, 14:24 PM

Again wrong if I fire 2 shoots I have double the chances to pen (at least theoretically)

Not if you have significantly lower chance to pen.
You will have double the amount of chances, sure, but these chances are low.

What has better odd of getting what you need?
Scoring 2 or better on D4 dice across 4 throws or scoring 4 or better 6 times in a row on D6 dice?

That is why RoF favors AI performance and armor favors AT performance.
6 Aug 2019, 14:26 PM

Most of the armor bonus available to Ostheer vehicles are only help vs low penetration units.

They same armor bonuses are quite useless vs TD's with allot of them having 100% chance to hit and penetrate at max range even vs vet 3 axis armor.

The armor bonus is simply overrated while generally axis vet slower, (the HP for instance available to some allied tank is far superior). Most of these vehicles would be better of if they had their armor bonus replaced with something else.
6 Aug 2019, 14:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Aug 2019, 11:19 AMMaret

I don't know exact digits, but let's imagine that it's right. What you will get in that case? German "sherman/cromwell" that have the same stats and abilities as allies, and don't have any strong sides against.
You just cutted off your own hands with that decision. Every armor combat between your and ally medium become very danger for you, you got 2 almost equal mediums. Who will win in battle if opponents have equal skills?
But if you prefer light armor to other bonuses (accuracy, abilities) why not? When USF and UKF every game will be use M10 against you, soviet su-76 with spam t-70. You maybe understand that more "old" P4 was better than new "modern".

What about two options as upgrades: Pintle mg or non doctrine scopes as alternative? To me would be really cool.
6 Aug 2019, 15:08 PM

Not if you have significantly lower chance to pen.
You will have double the amount of chances, sure, but these chances are low.

What has better odd of getting what you need?
Scoring 2 or better on D4 dice across 4 throws or scoring 4 or better 6 times in a row on D6 dice?

That is why RoF favors AI performance and armor favors AT performance.
again IF u take 2 identical tank for 1 u increase the armor to have 50% chance to deflect while the other fire 2 shells , they will still be the same as the other tank will pen every 2 shots
PAGES (12)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS