Login

russian armor

Commandos need buff

30 Jul 2019, 10:00 AM

Commandos are very effective at close range, but by the time they get closer they die against Panzer Grenadier. Most awful thing is commandos lose at close combat against volks with mp40 also stormtropper with mp40. Fallschirmjäger and Obersoldaten doesn't give any chance to commandos. What's your opinion guys?
30 Jul 2019, 10:10 AM

Pick up 2x Bren,and kick all Jerry ass
30 Jul 2019, 10:32 AM

Carry Bren Lmg if open Field MAP
30 Jul 2019, 10:41 AM

No u are just an allied cry baby, commandos have more dps than mp 40 at all ranges and get stealth + bonus accuracy when they get revealed

at least know the stats before crying on the forum cause u lost and making false claims

vs panzer green u have stealth, use it, they beat them at 12 or less range (without bonus accuracy)
30 Jul 2019, 10:44 AM

by the time they get closer they die against Panzer Grenadier.

Use camo.

Most awful thing is commandos lose at close combat against volks with mp40

They don't.

also stormtropper with mp40.

They don't.

Fallschirmjäger

Not if you get close enough.. with camo.

Obersoldaten

Use camo.

Go to coh2.org's replay section or to spectate ingame, search for any matches with "Guard2707" playing as UKF, he always gets Commandoes. Follow his Commando squads ingame, see/copy what he does with them, he's one of the best Commando users in coh2. Here's an example of a match he's played in, haven't watched it myself: https://www.coh2.org/replay/93394/2v2-cb
30 Jul 2019, 11:30 AM

Commandos are good but you need to use them right. If you use them like regular infantry they are useless.

Put them in camo wait for enemy to come throw grenade + open fire and get squad wipes. Thats what they are good for. They are very good in late game btw because all the yellow cover from arty alliws them to basically move around the map cloaked and at full speed.
30 Jul 2019, 12:11 PM

Stop using them like shock troops and start using their camouflage.
30 Jul 2019, 16:33 PM

Pgrens are bullies, confirmed. Kappa.
2 Aug 2019, 10:55 AM

Commandos are very effective at close range, but by the time they get closer they die against Panzer Grenadier. Most awful thing is commandos lose at close combat against volks with mp40 also stormtropper with mp40. Fallschirmjäger and Obersoldaten doesn't give any chance to commandos. What's your opinion guys?

Commandos are quite deadly and very good. Sure you cant just run at the enemy and cross no mans land and expect to win. Use the camo and line of sight to lure the enemy in. Then they are very very good.
Ive lost 5 star Fallschirmjäger to good commando camo play. I think they are in a good spot and serve their role well.
2 Aug 2019, 11:47 AM

Replace their 4 FG42's with 2 FG42's and 2 Kar98k's, but with a better dps profile for the FG42's so the total dps remains about the same. This would mean slower DPS drop-off when models start dying.

Maybe lower their received accuracy a bit in addition. I don't think there's any other elite squad that comes this late and has such a low effective hp as Fallschirmjägers. I think Stormtrooper RA would fit well with them (from 0,83-0,59 to 0,75-0,53).
2 Aug 2019, 13:07 PM

2xFG42 + 2xMP40 (not the pios one) sounds interesting.
2 Aug 2019, 13:34 PM

Gammalulz bomb out of stealth is 100% fun approved
2 Aug 2019, 14:14 PM

Because falls can totally not thorw nuclear nade out of stealth.
2 Aug 2019, 14:17 PM

Commando stealth =/= passive stealth

Former is much more powerful.
2 Aug 2019, 15:06 PM

Use camo.

They don't.

They don't.

Not if you get close enough.. with camo.

Use camo.

Go to coh2.org's replay section or to spectate ingame, search for any matches with "Guard2707" playing as UKF, he always gets Commandoes. Follow his Commando squads ingame, see/copy what he does with them, he's one of the best Commando users in coh2. Here's an example of a match he's played in, haven't watched it myself: https://www.coh2.org/replay/93394/2v2-cb

+1

Unit doesn't work without camo, but with camo it's in your power to win every infantry engagement unless they have IR obers or over 3 squads or you get suppressed.

One thing that bugs me though is that the IR HT counters commandos so hard for basically no user input at all in addition to maphax and is one of the cheapest units in the game. I get it's realistic or whatever but its camo detection should be removed IMO just because it's a stupid mechanic gameplay-wise.
2 Aug 2019, 16:38 PM

could very well be. Maybe falls are fun to use too?

i Should make a post about it :bananadance:
2 Aug 2019, 18:18 PM

One thing that bugs me though is that the IR HT counters commandos so hard for basically no user input at all in addition to maphax and is one of the cheapest units in the game. I get it's realistic or whatever but its camo detection should be removed IMO just because it's a stupid mechanic gameplay-wise.

IR HT definitely requires a rework. Perhaps just give it minimap spotting like the observation halftrack from the new Ostheer commander (minus the flares and camo of course.)
2 Aug 2019, 18:27 PM

snip

While I agree with you overall, I should say that, IIRC, Stormtrooper MP40s are indeed better than Commando stens and so, while I haven't really tested it, a Stormtrooper squad can probably win vs Commandos fairly regularly.
2 Aug 2019, 18:30 PM

Use riflenades out of ambush camo for maximum lulz. Sure, you can only do it defensively but there's no timer and callouts are still bugged for it lmao.

IR HT definitely requires a rework. Perhaps just give it minimap spotting like the observation halftrack from the new Ostheer commander (minus the flares and camo of course.)

Yeah that's a much better solution, and cost would actually be representative of its effectiveness (instead of it being wayyy to cheap for what it currently does). I like that.
2 Aug 2019, 18:47 PM

Use riflenades out of ambush camo for maximum lulz. Sure, you can only do it defensively but there's no timer and callouts are still bugged for it lmao.

Yeah that's a much better solution, and cost would actually be representative of its effectiveness (instead of it being wayyy to cheap for what it currently does). I like that.
maybe have it a timed activate ability too to restore the old function for like 30 second and 1 min cd
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 52
unknown 4
unknown 4
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %