Login

russian armor

Game is almost balanced

• This thread is locked
Nerf jackson, scott and pack howi next week?
Option Distribution Votes
19%
81%
Total votes: 26
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
ddd
28 Jul 2019, 19:32 PM

I was watching latest 2v2 tourney to see how top players are pushing each faction to its limit and came to conclusion that game is almost balanced. But one thing bothered me: allies often could secure 2 fuel points in early game. I think if balance team nerfs allies early game a little (and usf units mentioned above) game will be in a best spot yet (just like panther). Discuss.
28 Jul 2019, 19:35 PM

You sure you actually paid attention when you were watching it?
28 Jul 2019, 19:39 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 19:32 PMddd
I was watching latest 2v2 tourney to see how top players are pushing each faction to its limit and came to conclusion that game is almost balanced. But one thing bothered me: allies often could secure 2 fuel points in early game. I think if balance team nerfs allies early game a little (and usf units mentioned above) game will be in a best spot yet (just like panther). Discuss.

So you watched the VonIvan/Isuldur matchups with the allies losing both of the first two games (I didn't see the third so have no comment on it) and concluded that allies need further nerfs, and that somehow the Jackson is an early game unit?
28 Jul 2019, 19:41 PM

The tournament is far from over, but I wonder how other teams are going to contend with spec ops and tiger ace
ddd
28 Jul 2019, 19:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 19:39 PMGrumpy

So you watched the VonIvan/Isuldur matchups with the allies losing both of the first two games (I didn't see the third so have no comment on it) and concluded that allies need further nerfs, and that somehow the Jackson is an early game unit?

1. Allies lost third game too.

2. I was suggesting to nerf allies early game IN ADDITION to jackson, scott amd pack howi nerfs. L2Balance.
28 Jul 2019, 19:54 PM

Once call ins are tied to tech it will be a much better game.

Soviets are a bit too strong as well
28 Jul 2019, 19:55 PM

'Allies are able to get 2 fuels for a bit even though they lost the majority of games, therefore nerf allies so they can't even do that'

Genius. 100000IQ mode.
28 Jul 2019, 19:55 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 19:32 PMddd

Really? Maybe i wrong, but the most popular unit (if not talking about standart units) in recent games was...walking stuka! in some matches even 2. It is the most unbalanced unit in my opinion, while bad player couldn't use it efficient enough (beacause don't know retreat pathes in maps), pro could. Especially last game where VonIvan team played. Walking stuka don't follow the rule of ALL artillery units in game - greater distance - greater scatter. What thinking about those who make such design is big secret for me. It should be moved to behavior of other rocket arty units.
28 Jul 2019, 20:18 PM

Balance - does not exist. People are prejudiced, they want their favorite faction to be an easy game, sometimes people complain about such units that are obvious shit. Therefore, I am only interested in new content, it is real and tangible, it gives new feelings and pleasure for the game.
28 Jul 2019, 20:20 PM

I can't believe specops isn't banned for the 2v2 tourney. Doesn't seem in the best interest for competitive play

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 19:55 PMMaret

Walking stuka don't follow the rule of ALL artillery units in game - greater distance - greater scatter.

This design choice has never stopped blowing my mind. But OKWs design at launch was just absurd, some things were bound to get left over
28 Jul 2019, 20:26 PM

It almost made sense with the original alpha awful truck based design of OKW

They should have cancelled, delayed the DLC, and given them a total overhaul. Instead, we've been doing that in live one tiny tweak at a time for years.
28 Jul 2019, 20:28 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 19:55 PMMaret

Really? Maybe i wrong, but the most popular unit (if not talking about standart units) in recent games was...walking stuka! in some matches even 2. It is the most unbalanced unit in my opinion, while bad player couldn't use it efficient enough (beacause don't know retreat pathes in maps), pro could. Especially last game where VonIvan team played. Walking stuka don't follow the rule of ALL artillery units in game - greater distance - greater scatter. What thinking about those who make such design is big secret for me. It should be moved to behavior of other rocket arty units.

This. It's really strange that COH2 took rocket artillery which was the least accurate and turned it into laser-guided missiles.
28 Jul 2019, 20:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 19:51 PMddd

1. Allies lost third game too.

2. I was suggesting to nerf allies early game IN ADDITION to jackson, scott amd pack howi nerfs. L2Balance.

Ah, so nerfing USF mid to late game is apparently already a given. Better kill the early game too, for ALL Allied factions of course. God forbid if Axis factions only get a 50% winrate.
Gotta love also the reasoning: "I saw a couple of games!"

That pretentiousness level is waaaaaaaay over 9000.

I mean, you could start a decent discussion about which units you think to be OP, why and how you want them to be changed. Also you could contribute to ongoing discussions with intelligent input and interesting thoughts. Does not seem like your way to do it.
28 Jul 2019, 20:30 PM

I can't believe specops isn't banned for the 2v2 tourney. Doesn't seem in the best interest for competitive play

This design choice has never stopped blowing my mind. But OKWs design at launch was just absurd, some things were bound to get left over

It shouldn't be banned for tourney's unless it is banned for automatch. There should be a price adjust and a time nerf for artillery flares.
ddd
28 Jul 2019, 20:32 PM

Ah, so nerfing USF mid to late game is apparently already a given. Better kill the early game too, for ALL Allied factions of course. God forbid if Axis factions only get a 50% winrate.
Gotta love also the reasoning: "I saw a couple of games!"

That pretentiousness level is waaaaaaaay over 9000.

I mean, you could start a decent discussion about which units you think to be OP, why and how you want them to be changed. Also you could contribute to ongoing discussions with intelligent input and interesting thoughts. Does not seem like your way to do it.

Sorry mate but jackson, scott and pack howi nerfs at this point are certain. The question is how hard should the riflemen be nerfed. 300mp, same as penals, seems fair. But i would like to hear your opinion.
28 Jul 2019, 20:34 PM

Oh man! The op has the smell of sarcasm. We've been baited :D
OP is probably rofl
28 Jul 2019, 20:39 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2019, 20:32 PMddd

Sorry mate but jackson, scott and pack howi nerfs at this point are certain. The question is how hard should the riflemen be nerfed. 300mp, same as penals, seems fair. But i would like to hear your opinion.

I really do think that you should apply for a position at Relic.

No, but seriously:
If you think something is wrong go and make a decent argument. We can discuss about a lot here, but at the moment your point is "XYZ OP! NERF!!!!111!eleven"
Great stuff mate. Great stuff.
28 Jul 2019, 20:42 PM

Its insane how many people are falling for this troll post :snfPeter:
ddd
28 Jul 2019, 20:46 PM

I really do think that you should apply for a position at Relic.

No, but seriously:
If you think something is wrong go and make a decent argument. We can discuss about a lot here, but at the moment your point is "XYZ OP! NERF!!!!111!eleven"
Great stuff mate. Great stuff.

But i did make argument about overly dominant allies early game based on latest tournament performance. Thats why i think allies early game power (especialy usf) should be toned down.

Jackson, scott and pack howi nerfs were almost confirmed by balance team members in other threads (they were discussing HOW to nerf these units, so we can assume they WILL nerf them). No need to get mad at me bruh! Yo dawg cmon!
28 Jul 2019, 20:48 PM

Oh man! The op has the smell of sarcasm. We've been baited :D
OP is probably rofl

Yes, I fell for it.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 32
United Kingdom 24
unknown 3

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias