Login

russian armor

The idea of ​​the next update: bulletins

25 Jul 2019, 15:16 PM

Hey.
I propose to add new bulletins to the game in order to reinforce infantry squads and some equipment.

US

Mechanized Company rifelmen M3
-Increase throwing distance burst package by 5%
-Accuracy + 3%

Assault sappers
- Protection increases by 3%
- Reduced cost of disruptive charge by 5%

Tank Destroyer Jackson
-Get veteran status 10% faster

OKW

Tiger
- protection increases by 3%
- The armor damage increases by 4%

Panzerfulyzeri
-Veteran status get 10% faster
-The break between shots is reduced by 3%

Panther
-penetration increases by 3%

25 Jul 2019, 17:41 PM

Axis bulletins can be interchangeable in my opinion, Allied ones are a bit trickier since they need to be a bit more unique. As far as I know tho Cav Rifles are affected by rifle bulletins, not sure.
25 Jul 2019, 18:31 PM

The best thing you could do with bulletins is remove them from the game.
26 Jul 2019, 02:25 AM

It'd be nicer if they went about fixing / replacing all the inert bulletins left-over from making call-in units buildable first, or fixing the RE cooldown bulletin which does the opposite of what it is supposed to do...
26 Jul 2019, 04:58 AM

Can bulletins change other things apart from unit stats?
26 Jul 2019, 05:25 AM

Can bulletins change other things apart from unit stats?

Yes, i belivie. Like that one from Wermacht for Ostwing hull mg suppersion, or other faction for reduced cost of everything.
26 Jul 2019, 06:26 AM

I wish bulletins change like DOW3,can give some unit more special ability
Or merge some bulletins be one,like all faction have 3 infantry training……
Or more general,like MG,mortar,AT bulletins can work on all faction this type unit……
26 Jul 2019, 07:36 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The best thing you can do with bulletins is indeed remove them. But that won't happen since Relic makes money from them.
Time and work should be invested towards the game itself, not tiny buffs you can give to your units.

In general, the idea of bulletins could have been good if they could really give some utility or at least slightly change the way you play. But the don't. They're so bad that you can't even tell the difference between bulletin buff and rng.
26 Jul 2019, 07:41 AM

The best thing you can do with bulletins is indeed remove them. But that won't happen since Relic makes money from them.
Time and work should be invested towards the game itself, not tiny buffs you can give to your units.

In general, the idea of bulletins could have been good if they could really give some utility or at least slightly change the way you play. But the don't. They're so bad that you can't even tell the difference between bulletin buff and rng.

well when ostwind starts suppressing my infantry i completely feel it
26 Jul 2019, 18:32 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yes, i belivie. Like that one from Wermacht for Ostwing hull mg suppersion, or other faction for reduced cost of everything.

That's still a stat change. Add + x% of suppression value.
26 Jul 2019, 19:03 PM
Senior Modmaker Badge

I would like to throw out some ideas from the past about bulletins

Issue number one - visual language

As you know, enery bulletin has one or several symbols for fast recognise the affect. I believe it was ok in the beginning, but then a lot of disparities appeared. I will not list them all, just give some of them.

Example 1 - dispatch

Both bulletins reduce the time between dispatch. Earlier bulletins using right symbol, later bulletins using left symbol. Also, left symbol used for ability recharge bulleting, and reload bulletins.

Example 2 - reload

for some reason, you can face three different symbols for reload bulletins. Lightning symbol also used for reduced cooldown. Second one also used for increased rotation rate. Third one was mentioned in example number one.

It can be fixed, just need to make some symbols system to avoid overlapping between different effects.

The other issue - incorrect unit on the bulletin's icon. Some people can be confused by large number of M-42 bulletins, and 0 bulletins (according to image on icon) for ZiS-3. :snfPeter:

Also, there is no order by affected units, so you need to lurk bulletins for one unit in the chaos. It can be fixed with some manipulations with bulletins name. i've made it in russian numerical veterancy mod, and it looks really good!

Issue number two - bulletins with the same effect, but different %

Every bulletin should provide small, but meaningful effect. Currently, there are a lot of bulletins, especially for East factions, which provide the same effect, and the only difference - %. Some examples:
2 bulletins with 10% experience for HMG (1 special for Maxim, 1 for Maxim and MG 42)
2 bulletins with accuracy for Maxim (2% and 3%)
3 bulletins for Mortar accuracy (2%,3% and 5% for PM-41)
2 bulletins for SU-85 penetration (3% and 4%)
2 bulletins for ZiS-3 rotation (5% and combo bulletin 2% pen and 3% rotation)
4 bulletins for ZiS-3 penetration (2%,3%,4% and combo bulletin 2% pen and 3% rotation)

In my mind, every unit should have only one bulletin for every effect, but with solid % (for example 5%). Other option - bulletin with two effects, but smaller %(like 3% and 3%). So, 1%-2% bulletins should be reworked.

Issue number three - sevral units have one bulletins or don't have them at all

In the beginning, according to exist bulletins, every type of units has it own gentleman's set of bulletins. Like near by all vanilla infantry units, which were on the start, have their accuracy bulletin, and every HMG has number of bulletins for cooldown, reload and expirience. Here is some units, which require some bulletins:
Both 76-mm "Sherman" - 0 bulletins, not integrated in any global medium tanks bulletins
M1 mortar - 0 bulletins
KV-2 - 1 bulletin
KV-1 - 2 bulletins
SdKfz 221/223 - 0 bulletins
Ostheer Puma - 0 bulletins
M26 - 1 bulletin
T34 Calliope - 1 bulletin
Goliath - 1 bulletin
This list is not full.

Issue number four - late game bulletins

There is no doubt, that late game bulletins not used often because no guarantee, that you will use something from late game stuff, and their bonuses are on the same level with early game bulletins(2-5% mostly).
Something should be done with it. My idea based on unique options, like Ostwind supress bulletin provide, and some bulletins as gentleman's set, but with really meaningful influence, like increased expirience. For example dispatch bulletins for super heavies are really useless.

Issue number five - covered influence

Several bulletins affect not only listed in the description units. Like several StuG III G bulletins affect StuG III E and...Elefant. Bulletins should affect only one, two or max three units with some common thing (like mainline infantry, elite infantry, HMG or units with the same base in extremis, like grenadiers and assault grenadiers, or Guards and Assault guards).

IOW, every unit should have gentleman's set of 3-4 bulletins with good, but not extremely powerfull effects and 1-2 bulletins with unique bonuses, which increase unique advantage of unit, or open new options. (like mentioned above Ostwind bulletins).
Just an example - super heavies.
IS-2 and Tiger
2 gentleman's set bulletins - penetration and increased expirience.
IS-2 has bulletins with standart and half-standart effect - reload and speed/rotation.
Tiger has bulletins with standart and half-standart effect - increased armor and sight/turret rotation.
At the same time
Tiger II has only one bulletin from gentleman's set - increased expirience.
M26 has one bulletins from gentleman's set - increased penetration.

I would like to hear your opinion, i believe we can figure something interesting! :)

I would like this theme get bumped with some information from the patchnotes, when bulletins were reworked. The goal was to make all bulletins give 2-4% only. And this is one of mentioned above issues from current system.

Patch from September 24th, 2013

As you can see, much more bulletins gave several bonuses each. Most of them were changed to remove damage bonuses, but some were just nerfed, like -10% reload bulletins, or veteran training for half-tracks (give 2% health and save from doubleshot from at-guns). Last one was later implemented for M15 AA gun on third veterancy with +40 health iirc.

More bulletins provide extra accuracy, armor and reload buffs. And from quicklooks, several bulletins for tanks were really cool, like Veteran Training: Tank (T-34/Panzer IV) - +2% accuracy and +3% armor or Sibling Rivalry (Soviet) (IS-2) - -10% reload.

The most interesting for me was this:
2013 - Shooting Gallery (Maxim) bulletin was changed from +5% suppression to +10% experience.
2014-2015 - New bulletin was added for Maxim with +5% supression.
2017 - This bulletin was nerfed from +5% to +1%.

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Mar 2019, 22:56 PMnigo
Up on that. :D

Its possible to make a mod only about bulletins? Maybe a "concept mod" about 2.0 bulletins can change Relic mind.

And just to remember:

Unused bulletins:

BULLETINS change unit behavior.

27 Jul 2019, 03:15 AM

I think it's important to cover up the bulletin I brought in so that the enemy doesn't see it

What's the point of bringing the bulletin when my strategy is exposed to the enemy?

very basic but relic didnt realize this problem
27 Jul 2019, 04:54 AM

so the issue with multiple progressive effects (2,3 and 4% pen for the zis) is a relic to when bulletins were earned instead of dropped. made sense then i guess...
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★