Login

russian armor

Everything with this faction is so friggen expenisve...

18 Jul 2019, 17:36 PM

why would people pay 90MU for 1 thompson?

wait...
well they don't its free
18 Jul 2019, 17:43 PM

Could swap the officer to the 2nd part of each tech instead of the first. Then the usf player is free to fill their pop cap as they see fit unless they delve deeper into the tier. That would also give the enemy more clue as to off the enemy doubled down in a tier or not. Might be interesting....
There have been times where I just wanted a bloody AT gun but had the officer to deal with too.
18 Jul 2019, 17:45 PM

Could swap the officer to the 2nd part of each tech instead of the first. Then the usf player is free to fill their pop cap as they see fit unless they delve deeper into the tier. That would also give the enemy more clue as to off the enemy doubled down in a tier or not. Might be interesting....
There have been times where I just wanted a bloody AT gun but had the officer to deal with too.

On one hand, that flexibility could definitely be useful.

On the other, the delay in the officer is a nerf to the faction.

You also kill the double tech into Major path stone dead.
18 Jul 2019, 17:50 PM

It was fun modding in Officer Merge abilities, so LTs and Captains came as 1 man squads and could merge into rifleman to make 6 man squads with the added officer abilities.

I set a limit of a max of 3 LTs and 1 Captain for up to four 6 man rifles.

I left that mod unfinished though, where the officers could merge into team weapons too. I never made any unique abilities for the weapon teams with officers.

I feel like that would've been a fun faction dynamic that never really materialized in CoH2.
18 Jul 2019, 17:53 PM

Kind of a throwback to Dawn of War 1, too.
18 Jul 2019, 17:57 PM

yea having Thompson is bad, i guess ranger and para trash for that reason right? :rofl:

Well yeah, what good is a close quarter Thompson if the rest of the squad has rifles. Is it meant for defense? If so then the weapons in the squad that have any effect at range is the rifles, so only four members are actually doing anything...
18 Jul 2019, 18:02 PM

It was fun modding in Officer Merge abilities, so LTs and Captains came as 1 man squads and could merge into rifleman to make 6 man squads with the added officer abilities.

I set a limit of a max of 3 LTs and 1 Captain for up to four 6 man rifles.

I left that mod unfinished though, where the officers could merge into team weapons too. I never made any unique abilities for the weapon teams with officers.

I feel like that would've been a fun faction dynamic that never really materialized in CoH2.

playing as USF alway end up with blobing.

2 - 3 RM before the first officer

+ 1 officer = 3-4 fighting squads

Call-in Elite infantry 1-2 that's 5 or 6 squad

unnecessary fuel spending officer need to be rework
spend for the tech first then you call for the squad

18 Jul 2019, 18:03 PM

USF just needs a proper meatshield tank like a Jumbo in my opinion.
18 Jul 2019, 18:05 PM

I usually just let my officer squads die off except for the Major.

If the Captain gets down to one model or so then I will keep him at base to speed up teching/tank production etc.
18 Jul 2019, 18:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 17:57 PMGenObi

Well yeah, what good is a close quarter Thompson if the rest of the squad has rifles. Is it meant for defense? If so then the weapons in the squad that have any effect at range is the rifles, so only four members are actually doing anything...
.... i guess fuck g 43 or ppsh or any other weapon that is not long range and does not occupy all the weapons slots
18 Jul 2019, 18:09 PM

The tech upgrade and rifles really need to be redone
18 Jul 2019, 18:11 PM

btw thank u all for ignoring my post and not posting any stats or proof on why rifle are bad:snfDevm:
18 Jul 2019, 18:21 PM

.... i guess fuck g 43 or ppsh or any other weapon that is not long range and does not occupy all the weapons slots

I don't think you understand the basics of those types of weapons and the infantry units that weild them, this however is not the topic of contention, its the simple fact you have NO Choice.
18 Jul 2019, 18:58 PM

While I don't really agree with OP (except the M2 cost, it's a bit high), I do think that USF needs another re-work. A large number of their units are just bad for the game, and should be re-worked to be more inline with the rest of game's design.

-Rifles
-M36
-M8A1 Scott
-Pack Howitzer
-Ambulance
-Base "circle" layout

18 Jul 2019, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 17:45 PMLago

On one hand, that flexibility could definitely be useful.

On the other, the delay in the officer is a nerf to the faction.

You also kill the double tech into Major path stone dead.

Would just need to take a look at mp costs and timing then though. Being forced to use a unit is nearly as bad as your enemy being gifted one.

It would be far easier to work elite infantry into build without the officers and if the officers are "optional" they could be made interesting instead of rifles with a Thompson and sprint.
18 Jul 2019, 19:23 PM

Would just need to take a look at mp costs and timing then though. Being forced to use a unit is nearly as bad as your enemy being gifted one.

It would be far easier to work elite infantry into build without the officers and if the officers are "optional" they could be made interesting instead of rifles with a Thompson and sprint.

This certainly used to be the case, but nowadays the Officer replaces your third Rifleman squad instead of your fourth. That's huge.
18 Jul 2019, 20:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post18 Jul 2019, 17:00 PMRocket

There grenades cost fuel just to have and are not directly part of teching do axis?

It's not only a negative thing. Depending on the situation you can early tech for nades and surprise people with them. Ost needs to spend 40 fuel before grens have rifle-nades.

Yes you might delay your teching if you get them early, but that's your choice. If you can get an early wipe, it's most certainly worth it
19 Jul 2019, 01:06 AM

Wheeze
19 Jul 2019, 01:26 AM

I dont get the hate for the two basic officers. Yeah lieutenant is a slightly worse rifleman but I can tell you that Soviets wish they got a free slightly weaker penal when they techhed up.

Captain is highly underrated if nothing else but for "on me". Even though it's not an aoe anymore it's a free +20% accuracy and +20% durability that gives suppression immunity and sprint. Spam this ability whenever its off cooldown. Who needs smoke when you can just charge the mg and ignore suppression.
19 Jul 2019, 02:43 AM

I think a good rework for CPT and LT would be to allow them to have the 70 munitions double Thompson just like the Cavalry Riflemen have so with the one Thompson they have now it would provide them 3 Thompsons total plus an optional BAR or Bazooka for the second weapon slot. This would give them more of a unique purpose from normal Riflemen sqauds. I wouldn't imagine it would make them that OP since it would only apply to the officer sqauds (besides Major) and most people don't back tech meaning it would only really be on one sqaud at a time and not a spammable ability. Also maybe have them start out with all 4 M1 Carbines and a Thompson rather than 4 Garands and a Thompson.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★