Login

russian armor

Move Airborne Paratroopers to 1 CP

9 Jul 2019, 22:24 PM

I had already changed to cp1 in my own personal mod, but generally speaking playing against AI doesnt really prove much imo.

The squad itself is generally much better AI-wise without upgrades than Riflemen are, albeit even less spammy and without snare, but the issue always comes to the fact youll be able to add thompsons/lmgs to them eventually so their dps shoots up further. AT paras (from weapon rack) are fun and more credible an investment the earlier they are. Vetting up earlier helps all iterations and I generally feel that you can run two squads of paras into your build with the changes without bleeding to death. Its just a question of acceptable balance still, I think.

What were your findings, if any.

Mostly the same. At first, I thought that maybe the SMG upgrade would be okay to leave available from the drop onward, but the spike in effectiveness they give is just way too good at that point. Locked behind tech, the advantages the upgrades give are still really good but won't be overwhelming (hopefully)

Everything else I agree with you, pretty much. Maybe some slight nerfing to the M1 Carbines could be looked at (moving accuracy maybe?) and the Timed Explosive ability definitely needs to be replaced with a satchel, but I think locking the 6th man behind tech and upgrades behind Weapon Racks is a perfectly viable of introducing Paras to the early game for the most part.
9 Jul 2019, 22:27 PM

Not to toot my own horn, but has anyone tried the test mod yet? I figured that the best way to see if the idea of early Paras held up would be to actually try it, but there hasn't been any feedback on it.

Could you link the test mod?
9 Jul 2019, 22:29 PM

Could you link the test mod?

Sure thing.

Early Paratroopers
9 Jul 2019, 22:53 PM

Could it be as simple as making them cp1 but locking weapon upgrades behind the same requirement to unlock major? Either both officers or the fully teching LT/Cpt?

I think the 380 pricepoint keeps them being able to be spammed early on
9 Jul 2019, 22:59 PM

Could it be as simple as making them cp1 but locking weapon upgrades behind the same requirement to unlock major? Either both officers or the fully teching LT/Cpt?

I think the 380 pricepoint keeps them being able to be spammed early on

0 CPs is too early, and would take away from using Pathfinders as your early scouting unit thematically.

But you are spot on about the price. 3 squads of Paratroopers are about the same cost as 4 squads of Riflemen, so the cost alone prevents any additional nerfs being needed except locking the weapon upgrade behind something. Either lock it behind weapon racks or behind 3cps would be good. I’d prefer it to be locked behind weapon racks so you don’t get them for free if you wait, but you can also rush them if you choose to. Player choice is usually good.

But no other changes are necessary for early game paratroopers, their cost already prevents them from being spammed or being op.
9 Jul 2019, 23:16 PM

HELL NO! Paras are the best infantry on the allied side, there is nothing wrong with them.

the only thing I wish it could change is giving RETs the ability to lay beacons, I hate when I either lose or don't call Pathfinders and can't have beacons on the map because of it.
9 Jul 2019, 23:29 PM

Guys! how about instead of losing time with a squad that is perfect fine we use our time to fix the damn P47s that cost 240 munis (on a faction that eats munis like candy) and are beyond useless?
9 Jul 2019, 23:32 PM

Guys! how about instead of losing time with a squad that is perfect fine we use our time to fix the damn P47s that cost 240 munis (on a faction that eats munis like candy) and are beyond useless?

p47s are very strong im not sure what you're talking about there. I dont think loiter style abilities should exist, but thats a seperate matter. p47s are definitely not useless, the muni point is fair but i always grab a muni cache when playing airborne.
10 Jul 2019, 04:11 AM

Hrrrmmmm, seems fair and unbiased. Lol
17 Jul 2019, 00:52 AM

Can't do that because paras aren't an Axis unit. If they were an Axis unit they'd be CP 0 and 150 MP
17 Jul 2019, 01:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2019, 00:52 AMCODGUY
Can't do that because paras aren't an Axis unit. If they were an Axis unit they'd be CP 0 and 150 MP

My dude....

Have you ever considered that by being blatantly biased you completely undermine anything you say and actually hurt your own cause?

17 Jul 2019, 18:54 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2019, 00:52 AMCODGUY

Have you ever made a substantive post on this site?
17 Jul 2019, 19:20 PM

My main claim to the paratroopers has always been the possibility of re-parachuting. Paratroopers are a one-time unit. This limits tactics: you cannot hold a reserve for a sudden breakthrough, you cannot make a hammer and an anvil: lure the enemy into the main forces and attack several troops of paratroopers to the rear of the enemy.
17 Jul 2019, 19:22 PM

My main claim to the paratroopers has always been the possibility of re-parachuting. Paratroopers are a one-time unit. This limits tactics: you cannot hold a reserve for a sudden breakthrough, you cannot make a hammer and an anvil: lure the enemy into the main forces and attack several troops of paratroopers to the rear of the enemy.

Same as all other airborne infantry?

It is not as though I can re-infiltrate stormtroopers/ partisans/ sov airborne guards, or re-drop falls anyway.
17 Jul 2019, 19:28 PM

Same as all other airborne infantry?

It is not as though I can re-infiltrate stormtroopers/ partisans/ sov airborne guards, or re-drop falls anyway.

All factions and saboteurs unit too.
17 Jul 2019, 19:31 PM

All factions and saboteurs unit too.

And there is a reason for it.

Can you imagine how annoying it will be to have infantry being able to constantly redeploy behind your lines? WITH veterancy no less?

People wont use the re-deploy for any "hammer and anvil" or those things you think of. People will redeploy on your cut off, or redeploy on your retreat paths to wipe shit with limited counter-play.
17 Jul 2019, 19:38 PM

Can you imagine how annoying it will be to have infantry being able to constantly redeploy behind your lines? WITH veterancy no less?

People wont use the re-deploy for any "hammer and anvil" or those things you think of. People will redeploy on your cut off, or redeploy on your retreat paths to wipe shit with limited counter-play.

Yupp. You draw a unit back to deal with it and they safely undeploy. Return to the front and bam. Or worse, you leave a unit and they simply deploy elsewhere.... Would be dreadful
17 Jul 2019, 19:45 PM

Make it so they can initially get x2 Thompson or x1 m1919 and then let them get the other 2 Thompsons/m1919 once vehicle unlocks are reaserched?
17 Jul 2019, 20:05 PM

Look at DoW1 Space Marines could do a huge Drop Pod operation, and that was fine.
17 Jul 2019, 20:28 PM

Look at DoW1 Space Marines could do a huge Drop Pod operation, and that was fine.

Oh yeah, that game where backcapping wasn't a thing and everyone could reinforce on field at all times.

Bad example is bad.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 49
Germany 18
Israel 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %