Login

russian armor

tier 0 and tier 1 OKW rework

4 Jul 2019, 15:30 PM

So to address the most problematic faction in game right now I propose a wide rework on early game that will fix their oppression and clunky units
  • Tier 0 units) removed 100 mp from starting man power, trucks cost changed from 100 mp to 50 mp
    stormpioneer: stg weapons changed to MP-40s cost from 300 to 240, upgrade AT package: 100 munitions 2 panzer shreck and ability to plant teller mines, anti garrison package:100 man power upgrade mp 40s to sturm STG and give a 10 seconds cool down FREE incendiary grenade, sweeper package: 40 muni give sweeper and 1 more man(and maybe add some repair speed if the extra man is not enough)
    volksgrenadier: STG upgrade exchanged for the mp 40 upgrade, incendiary grenade removed for normal one, added a 1.15 accuracy bonus at vet 2, 1.10 received accuracy bonus at vet 1
    pupchen: removed in exchange for pak 38 (a black skinned version of the pak 40 if there are no models), same stats as the American m1-57 anti tank gun, first strike bonus changed to 300 % more penetration for the first shoot(vet changed accordingly), range to 60, removed ability to retreat

• Tier 1 units) infrared half-track moved to tier 2, obers moved from tier 3 to tier 1, mg34 upgrade locked only after 2 trucks set up

• Tier 2 units) stuka half-track moved to tier 3 (i'm unsure of this change but it would led to less people using the mech opening)

this aim to remove the early power and giving units more specialized and defined roles, making their most complained unit having real roles while their most unreliable unit come earlier or make them reliable

to make this fair some changes would be need to the commanders
firestorm doctrine exchange the mp-40s for 3 STG upgrade(instead of 2) and the ability for volks to use incendiary grenades (in theme with the doc)
the new Pfusilier might need some changes too, maybe giving them 4 AT rifles and the ability to plant AT mines or keep their snare (so they are almost the same as penal with PTRS) and making them start at 6 man and not 5,like now
5 Jul 2019, 14:28 PM

These sort of unit changes are probably too extensive for a rework Relic would actually implement.

The USF rework is more the scale we can expect at this point.
5 Jul 2019, 16:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post5 Jul 2019, 14:28 PMLago
These sort of unit changes are probably too extensive for a rework Relic would actually implement.

The USF rework is more the scale we can expect at this point.
well i just shifted the tier around and swapped weapon for the volks, if the sturm are to complicated just leave them alone or make the starting one start with mp 40s (or maybe the MP cut is enough)
edo
5 Jul 2019, 18:16 PM

I agree with either increase the sturmpioneer rocket wefer from 1 to 2 for 100 ammo or reduce it's cost from 70 to 50 like normal troops since the survival package isn't needed. i would keep the stg 44 else they would be useless but reduce a bit it's cost, like 250 MP, they should also vet faster because they never get above vet 1 or 2
I would also slightly reduce obersoldaten cost and agree with making them avaible earlier in the game.
I would add at the defensive and survillance doctrine the abilty to build fuel and ammo
the truck once placed should grant to call units even if destroyed, aside other factions you get heavily aimed by artillery and get easily destroyed. the fall back point cost of the medic truck should be reduced to 200 MP, 300 is way too much.
also if the truck gets destroyed once built building it again won't cost anymore fuel, it's absurd to pay again fuel, and cost also less MP
5 Jul 2019, 23:45 PM

It is quite an interesting revamp. At least some more variety and diversity.

Currently, there is little to no choice as there is.

Some elements do need changing as I feel OKW is not that good a viable choice at all. In team games and now 1v1. It feels even less viable.

I really do not see any reason now in using OKW at all personally.

I think Wehrmacht is a better made package overall. Better inf, utility, team weapons, accessibility and utility which OKW does not seem to have at all!
edo
6 Jul 2019, 08:57 AM

well i just shifted the tier around and swapped weapon for the volks, if the sturm are to complicated just leave them alone or make the starting one start with mp 40s (or maybe the MP cut is enough)

sturm with MP40 would be underpowered too much and useless, they should reduce theyre cost and make them vet faster
6 Jul 2019, 09:36 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2019, 08:57 AMedo

sturm with MP40 would be underpowered too much and useless, they should reduce theyre cost and make them vet faster
just the starting ones, they can upgrade to stg for free after a truck is calld in
6 Jul 2019, 09:51 AM

So...which MP40 for SP and VG?
6 Jul 2019, 11:18 AM

So...which MP40 for SP and VG?
if we got by full rework, pioneer mp40 are enough as they gain a lot of versatility , if we go by simply putting them on the starting sturm pioneer, use the mp 40s of the assault green or they would be useless
6 Jul 2019, 17:56 PM

Keep sturms the way they are, just reduce the AT package cost to 60. Keep it as a single shrek.

Volks already have the best accuracy of any mainline infantry in the game, and good veterancy all around. The STGs are fine and fit thematically far better than MP40s, whicg should remain doctrinal. Giving them normal grenades could be interesting, however, and then give the incendiary to the sturms. Not for free, however. No way lmao.

Increase range of the rak, remove mobile camo or lock behind vet 2 or something. Possible cost decrease. No other changes.

Obers I could see moving down to battlegroup hq, but with the mg34 still locked behind heavy panzer truck. Two trucks requirement isn't enough since everyone and their mother goes for the mechanized truck anyway and MG34 Obers are basically a hard counter to team weapons.

Panzerfusiliers should have their rifle accuracy, movement cooldown, and aim time lowered to volk standards so theyre actually worse, and then they can get a price drop. Drop the cost of their G43 upgrade a bit but remove the extra man it gives to compensate. Im tempted to say the shrek upgrade should only grant one as well. More than zooks ever could hope to be, double shreks essentially ends allied light vehicle use, particularly since they get a snare too, and two of shrek squads is enough to destroy medium armor all by themselves.
6 Jul 2019, 18:19 PM

I liked all the changes, but I will miss pupchen
6 Jul 2019, 20:01 PM

Just nerf volks (a bit), Move Obers to MG 34 tier, remove moving camo and buff raketen range and adjust from there. It would also be nice if they could nerf IR halftrack (sort of OP in team games) and allow it to reinforce squads or give it some useful ability for 1v1s
ddd
6 Jul 2019, 20:15 PM

LMFAO not really, I actually mostly play OKW 1v1s but if you ever watched any high level play or even KOTH you'll realize how effective a volks blob + luchs can be. If I recall correctly it was last season Nicko (SOV) vs Prodigilgy (OKW) the most obnoxious blob i have ever seen. I love playing OKW but spamming volks every game till T2 luchs/puma is just stupid design.

cant deal with blob = l2p issue, tell that to nicki

EDIT: unless its allied blobs because axis has no counters
6 Jul 2019, 20:18 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2019, 20:15 PMddd

cant deal with blob = l2p issue, tell that to nicki

Nicko (a.k.a. Noggano) is a much better player than you and i both will ever be. Get over your saltyness bruh and watch those games yourself
6 Jul 2019, 21:58 PM

Panzerfusiliers should have their rifle accuracy, movement cooldown, and aim time lowered to volk standards so theyre actually worse, and then they can get a price drop. Drop the cost of their G43 upgrade a bit but remove the extra man it gives to compensate. Im tempted to say the shrek upgrade should only grant one as well. More than zooks ever could hope to be, double shreks essentially ends allied light vehicle use, particularly since they get a snare too, and two of shrek squads is enough to destroy medium armor all by themselves.
this shows how much u know of the game, pfulier have worse rifle than volks already, and they cost 30 mp more, and they can't get snare with shrecks
6 Jul 2019, 22:46 PM

this shows how much u know of the game, pfulier have worse rifle than volks already, and they cost 30 mp more, and they can't get snare with shrecks

Do you even read what people post on this forum? Unit stats? The only stat where panzerfusiliers are worse than volks is pure per-shot damage, 10 damage to 12 for volks. Try doing your own bloody research.
6 Jul 2019, 23:01 PM

Do you even read what people post on this forum? Unit stats? The only stat where panzerfusiliers are worse than volks is pure per-shot damage, 10 damage to 12 for volks. Try doing your own bloody research.

And cost. Try doing your own bloody research
6 Jul 2019, 23:13 PM

And cost. Try doing your own bloody research

And I already mentioned cost. No other reason Id mention the price drop.

What is it with you people and reading?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 23
Germany 1
Germany 635

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %