Login

russian armor

New USF doctrine is too good

1 Jul 2019, 10:46 AM

I do think the new USF, OKW and Ostheer commanders are too strong. Soviet and UKF are just good as they are, both suffering in lategame (no heavy tanks or strong offmaps) to make up for strong early/midgame.

- fast Tiger: -> bind to CPs, until some general decisions are made plz

- Ranger: They got cheaper but are easier to kill, I do think thats okay. Triple Super Bazooka is the equivalent of double shrek (less penetration but more damage if all three penetrate). If you ask me: No more than one Shrek or two Super Bazookas on one unit ever. It shouldn't be that easy to vaporize tanks with AT infantry for either side.

- Panzerfusiliers: Only one shrek, Call-in at CP 1 (overall more potent than CP 0 Ass grens or Ass engineers because of AI and AT power)
1 Jul 2019, 12:56 PM

Permanently Banned
I do think the new USF, OKW and Ostheer commanders are too strong. Soviet and UKF are just good as they are, both suffering in lategame (no heavy tanks or strong offmaps) to make up for strong early/midgame.

- Ranger: They got cheaper but are easier to kill, I do think thats okay. Triple Super Bazooka is the equivalent of double shrek (less penetration but more damage if all three penetrate). If you ask me: No more than one Shrek or two Super Bazookas on one unit ever. It shouldn't be that easy to vaporize tanks with AT infantry for either side.

- Panzerfusiliers: Only one shrek, Call-in at CP 1 (overall more potent than CP 0 Ass grens or Ass engineers because of AI and AT power)

Not like UKF needs a doctrinal heavy when u have Churchill covered by Fireflies and flares for off maps if you yolo them.
1 Jul 2019, 14:25 PM

pnazer fusilier cost 30 more mp than volks and have WORSE rifles, they only become marginally better in AI when they get the g 43s, the panzer sherck upgrade leave them with soviet engineer lvl of AI and worse than Rear echelon lvl of AI, it's fair, if it was op then rear echelon zook would be ultra op by being cheaper, non doc and can reach 5 man with vet (+ the raw utility they bring)

if u guys really have problem cause it triggers the volks meta PTSD just make them come 6 man from the start but let them have AT rifle (3-4)and at mines while keeping snare for the upgrade
1 Jul 2019, 21:51 PM

pnazer fusilier cost 30 more mp than volks and have WORSE rifles, they only become marginally better in AI when they get the g 43s, the panzer sherck upgrade leave them with soviet engineer lvl of AI and worse than Rear echelon lvl of AI, it's fair, if it was op then rear echelon zook would be ultra op by being cheaper, non doc and can reach 5 man with vet (+ the raw utility they bring)

I understand your point about too weak AI power of Panzerfusiliers. But Echelons would be super op in comparison. Really? Please compare stats (penetration+damage) of Shrek and normal zook, then have a look a the frontal armour of most german tanks. Yeah, you have to get into the 180° degrees of a tank where it counts as back armour, otherwise normal zooks are pretty useless and a waste of AI power. Shreks on the other hand can yolo frontally in on most allied tanks you will typically see as long as there is no supression or you smoked the source of supression.

if u guys really have problem cause it triggers the volks meta PTSD just make them come 6 man from the start but let them have AT rifle (3-4)and at mines while keeping snare for the upgrade

That would be a solution if you ask me.
1 Jul 2019, 22:34 PM

I understand your point about too weak AI power of Panzerfusiliers. But Echelons would be super op in comparison. Really? Please compare stats (penetration+damage) of Shrek and normal zook, then have a look a the frontal armour of most german tanks. Yeah, you have to get into the 180° degrees of a tank where it counts as back armour, otherwise normal zooks are pretty useless and a waste of AI power. Shreks on the other hand can yolo frontally in on most allied tanks you will typically see as long as there is no supression or you smoked the source of supression.

That would be a solution if you ask me.
well what do u expect ? they cost more than echelon and are doctrinal, would at least expect to be better than engineer
btw all at mobile weapons deal deflection damage, so they are not useless even if they don't pen

and try running shreck vs Sherman, u will find that they are dead after 1 volley (and same happens with the centaur)
2 Jul 2019, 00:17 AM

Shrecks coming on much more expensive squads is also relevant to the echelon zook comparison. Zook echelon are amazing for price

Especially now with zook rangers. 3 elite zooks might have a high drop chance, but they are one of the strongest AT squads in the game right now. You pay for that difference, just as shreck squads do

Rangers might be taking this Commander over the top if anything. That said they're also on a cmdr with the Pershing, so...
2 Jul 2019, 06:48 AM

Shrecks coming on much more expensive squads is also relevant to the echelon zook comparison. Zook echelon are amazing for price

Especially now with zook rangers. 3 elite zooks might have a high drop chance, but they are one of the strongest AT squads in the game right now. You pay for that difference, just as shreck squads do

Rangers might be taking this Commander over the top if anything. That said they're also on a cmdr with the Pershing, so...
the problem is the sprint not the zook ranger themself
2 Jul 2019, 09:02 AM

Don't pfuss also have sprint with their shreck? don't Pzg have sprint with their shreck with a vehicle close by? Or Pzgren inside a 250 or RE inside a M3 or Wc51 etc...

If sprint is a problem is it for all infantry carrying AT weapons, not only a selection of it.
2 Jul 2019, 16:49 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2019, 09:02 AMEsxile
Don't pfuss also have sprint with their shreck? don't Pzg have sprint with their shreck with a vehicle close by? Or Pzgren inside a 250 or RE inside a M3 or Wc51 etc...

If sprint is a problem is it for all infantry carrying AT weapons, not only a selection of it.
well yes ? that's why they nerfed it to vet 5 single movement use for like 5 second, the other sprint gives smoke + it works on all squads, and last longer and quite cheap
2 Jul 2019, 18:10 PM

well yes ? that's why they nerfed it to vet 5 single movement use for like 5 second, the other sprint gives smoke + it works on all squads, and last longer and quite cheap

Cheap? Isn't it like 70mu? Ontop of the muni for the triple Shrek squad I don't really know if it's an issue... Pgrens can sprint with the right commander and it only costs 10mu, that is cheap. Oorah is expensive for what it is at 20mu so I don't think the new ability can really qualify as cheap...
2 Jul 2019, 18:17 PM

Cheap? Isn't it like 70mu? Ontop of the muni for the triple Shrek squad I don't really know if it's an issue... Pgrens can sprint with the right commander and it only costs 10mu, that is cheap. Oorah is expensive for what it is at 20mu so I don't think the new ability can really qualify as cheap...
20 second sprint on a 5 man 3 zook squad a bit different from 5 second sprint on a 4 man man 2 shreck squad
2 Jul 2019, 18:34 PM

20 second sprint on a 5 man 3 zook squad a bit different from 5 second sprint on a 4 man man 2 shreck squad

If this ability is cheap what about valiant assault? It's like 70 muni, lasts for longer than 20 seconds, and makes your infantry terminators in addition to giving sprint. But sure, let's focus on the incredibly OP smoke shell and sprint ability.
2 Jul 2019, 18:44 PM

If this ability is cheap what about valiant assault? It's like 70 muni, lasts for longer than 20 seconds, and makes your infantry terminators in addition to giving sprint. But sure, let's focus on the incredibly OP smoke shell and sprint ability.
cause u can't have duble/triple sherck with valiant assault, if it did not come with rangers it would be balanced
2 Jul 2019, 18:46 PM

cause u can't have duble/triple sherck with valiant assault, if it did not come with rangers it would be balanced

You can have a 250 with dual shreck inside and you can have infinite sprint with a vehicle close by.
2 Jul 2019, 18:51 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2019, 18:46 PMEsxile

You can have a 250 with dual shreck inside and you can have infinite sprint with a vehicle close by.
again different things, zook/piat on vehicle are not op same for sherck, the increase in speed for the pgreen vet 1 is not sprint speed of the zook ranger, they are faster than tanks
2 Jul 2019, 19:55 PM

well what do u expect ? they cost more than echelon and are doctrinal, would at least expect to be better than engineer

What are you telling me here? I was the one that said that normal zooks are really bad in comparison. I never expected Rear Echelons beeing better than a doctrinal unit. You stated that REs would be super op in comparison, I just said that they never would be op because they have zooks instead of shreks. I just made clear that your argument was totally wrong.

btw all at mobile weapons deal deflection damage, so they are not useless even if they don't pen

Yeah, but its too low to yolo your infantry in if you can't penetrate just to get some deflection damage.

And try running shreck vs Sherman, u will find that they are dead after 1 volley (and same happens with the centaur)

a) There are other allied tanks than Sherman and Centaur, that do less infantry damage.
b) You don't have to kill the tank with your shreks alone, sometimes that one salvo is enough before you retreat. I do find it especially annoying when your tank gets charged by 1-3 Shrek squads and you want to move back but vehicle pathing AI ends in a really small obstacle where your tank suddenly begins to turn just to get destroyed by another salvo. This is so lame. Infantry At shouldn't be for attacking the enemy but for defending your frontline.
2 Jul 2019, 20:03 PM

i mean as a comparison if a 280 mp doc unit is op cause it has 2 sherck and no AI then a 200 mp with much more utility and 2 zook would just be a down scalled more spammable version so it would be op as every 3 u would get another rear echelon, so no the pfusiler are fine, it's just the PTSD kicking in

a)obv, but they can still kill 1 shreck squad alone even then t 34 are really cheap

b)well if he brings 2-3 pgreen with shreck vs 1 of ur tank that's 640-900mp and 200-300 muni vs 300-340mp and 90-110 fu, i think at that point u are just outnumbered and out resourced
2 Jul 2019, 20:05 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Jul 2019, 18:46 PMEsxile

I thought this would be op Untill I tried it. The half track gets 2 shot and then Pgrens inside can’t hit a thing because the get an accuracy penalty inside.

PGrens are fragile, and cost 34mp to reinforce. That’s why they aren’t OP
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS