Login

russian armor

New USF doctrine is too good

26 Jun 2019, 16:27 PM

I would've also rather seen the addition of the EZ8 instead of the bulldozer stuff. EZ8 is already fantastic, just not accessible. Kinda like how rangers were.... but then they got buffed... cause they weren't good... Kappa

Powercreep of most new doctrines has been very prevalent though. OKW overwatch is a prime example.

+1

Agree on a whole lot of that.

Easy Eight is a cool unit that could use more love instead of silly bulldozers. So I’d be happy to see that in more doctrines, but probably not in Urban Assault.

On the subject of power creep, I agree that it is in fact happening with the new doctrines, but how to deal with it is up for debate.

The important thing about balancing the game is to end up with, you guessed it, balance. Lol So you have two options. You either buff all of the commanders to the new power level or you nerf all the commanders down to the old level.

From what I’ve seen, USF, OKW and UKF all have very strong commanders in general, but they have far fewer total commanders than WM and Soviets. WM and Soviet commanders are all over the place, with some being on par with the best WFA commanders, while same are quite poor.

It seems to me that the easiest way to make all commanders in balance with each other is to nerf the really outstandingly good ones down just a little, and then buff up the weaker ones to the higher power level.

Using the USF as an example, you have a bunch of commanders that are very good, a couple that are pretty good but not quite top level, and then you have Rifle Company which is pretty bad in comparison. So the easiest way to make all USF commanders in line with each other is to just buff Rifle Company a bit and now USF commanders are now all viable options and therefore balanced with each other.

Apply the same logic to the other factions and you can end up with a bunch of “OP” commanders, but since everyone is OP, no one is.
26 Jun 2019, 17:14 PM

if u fell it's too good why not lock the special ammo behind the dozer upgrade ?
26 Jun 2019, 17:22 PM

if u fell it's too good why not lock the special ammo behind the dozer upgrade ?

+1

You could also make upgrading to the bulldozer blade/ WP shell package lock out regular HE shells. This would kinda make sense if the crews had to unload all of their HE shells to make room for the WP shells.

This could be done a few ways. You either leave the ability as a pay to shoot like it is now, and HE shells are simply locked out, or you make the load WP shells replace the HE shells in the toggle ability. You could reduce the rate of fire but give it high accuracy to the WP shells if you make them replace the HE shells so you don’t just spray WP everywhere. I like the idea of the WP being a slow but accurate auto fire that replaces HE shells. It would be hectic and confusing in tank fights too if you left it on WP so your Sherman is randomly putting WP shells into a charging Panther, doing no damage but messing up everyone’s visibility, friend and foe alike! Lol

Either way, by preventing the Sherman from shooting WP and then following up with HE shells you reduce its ability to wipe AT guns by itself, but it would still be very powerful when used in conjunction with infantry, mortars or another Sherman that doesn’t have the bulldozer upgrade.
26 Jun 2019, 19:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 12:58 PMKatitof

So, I was right after all, you were not aware of them.

Next time, pls, clarify that you meant two of 12 infantry units of OKW that have Blenderkopfer nades. Because "infantry" have quite large meaning.

Noone actually uses them, AFAIK - mostly because they are locked behind 2 most expensice squads in whole army composition. Same stuff that now assault tommies have.

However, tommies are mainlane infantry, not some elite of arian race, and that might lead to some problems.

And, same ability also located in UKF - AFAIK, Comet can shoot WP shells at vet1. Again, almost noone really uses it, at least i've never seen that one, and again, because it is locked to one of most expencive unit in whole army.

And now, the main, universal and rather cheapish USF tank have those shells. Same sutiation as with ass.tommies.
26 Jun 2019, 19:25 PM

Its not like any other tank besides the pz4 and stug have any respect for allies AT guns. Shot bounce like the of there is no tommorow.
26 Jun 2019, 19:26 PM

I think this new USF commander is pretty good.

The Riflenade for Echelons makes it a real lethal unit. It is like a free nade toss every 5 seconds. Really pushes the enemy to move a lot out of cover. Quite annoying I would say. I think it be great if it were a default option and if it were accessible across other factions also! Increase diversity and to some extent, increase micro intensity across all factions! Can be a game changer!

The Sherman upgrade is cool making it very deadly and somewhat a better choice than Jackson in most situations. Since it has improved armour when upgraded, extra health making it a 5 shot instead and it has extra utility. Enhanced Anti Infantry capabilities with Phosphorous shot. Makes it one of the best upgrades you can get for mediums. In fact becomes the best medium in game in my opinion once upgraded.

Other things also.

I feel overall this commander is somewhat balanced, although the riflenades can be devastating and very effective in many situations, much more devastating than a flamethrower due to its overall effectiveness.

It has a lot of utility that comes in real handy, making infantry do overall better as well as Sherman capabilities.

It is like a package that makes USF overall stronger. Strengthen Echelon, Shermans and Riflemen. It is really a useful commander. Mobile Arty as a package included which fulfills their wishes! Everything the USF needs to be made "great again".
26 Jun 2019, 20:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 10:24 AMLago

They're really not.

White Phosphorous shells are insanely good: before this you only got them on a Comet.

Giving them to the Sherman, a unit that already has the excellent HE rounds, turns it into a superlative anti-tank gun killer.

Throw in the armour upgrade and it also gains the edge over medium tanks: you've made is about as tough as an Easy Eight.

+1

Except doesn't bulldozer upgrade only give extra health, not armor too?

I'd rather see like a WP barrage for the mortar instead of the sherman if it gets replaced with anything at all.
26 Jun 2019, 20:25 PM

+1

Except doesn't bulldozer upgrade only give extra health, not armor too?

I'd rather see like a WP barrage for the mortar instead of the sherman if it gets replaced with anything at all.

Its health and armor, you have it in the patch notes.
ddd
26 Jun 2019, 20:32 PM

I predicted it in the usf commander suggestions thread:

WP shells on HE Sherman and sprinting Rangers too strong - Gets nerfed fast - Joins NKVD in Premium Tier Commanders List

If you listened to all these people that wanted to see Easy8 here and told you sprinting Rangers is not a good idea there wouldnt be a problem.

26 Jun 2019, 20:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 20:32 PMddd

If you listened to all these people that wanted to see Easy8 here and told you sprinting Rangers is not a good idea there wouldnt be a problem.

What you probably mean is that there would be a different post about how we made rifle company even more useless (while also making the new commander itself useless) and how if we didnt put the ez8 in then there wouldnt be a problem.
ddd
26 Jun 2019, 20:57 PM

What you probably mean is that there would be a different post about how we made rifle company even more useless (while also making the new commander itself useless) and how if we didnt put the ez8 in then there wouldnt be a problem.

How would i complain about easy8 when i was one of the people suggesting it?

And how would it make rifle company useless assuming you wouldnt change one thing about this commander?

And final question, do you really think rifle company is useful in its current state?
26 Jun 2019, 21:14 PM

Obviously he means other people would complain.

No matter what happens, no matter what gets buffed or nerfed or changed or added or cut, people will complain. If not you, then someone else.
ddd
26 Jun 2019, 21:35 PM

Obviously he means other people would complain.

No matter what happens, no matter what gets buffed or nerfed or changed or added or cut, people will complain. If not you, then someone else.

Obviously few people who come to usf threads only to troll around and say that everything remotely good "would cause issues" will complain no matter what but you can just ignore them.

There were bunch of people in suggestions thread and on reddit saying they would like to see easy8 because its forghotten unit in shitty doc. Easy8 + WP shell would be as "overpowered" as Comet.

On the other hand, did anyone really think that HE Sherman needs better anti infantry capabilities of all things?
27 Jun 2019, 15:03 PM

WP shells are ultimate FU only to mindless blobbers and pak wall enthusiasts
Though they are obviously too powerful to give them to plain Shermans, they would've been fine on E8, would've also fit better since Rifle Company has WP offmap
27 Jun 2019, 15:11 PM

I'm still thinking that giving them a meatshield tank in the form of the Jumbo would be a better alternative than cheap and borderline OP gimmicks for the regular Sherman but that's just me I guess.
27 Jun 2019, 15:51 PM

I'm still thinking that giving them a meatshield tank in the form of the Jumbo would be a better alternative than cheap and borderline OP gimmicks for the regular Sherman but that's just me I guess.

USF does need a meatshield tank. The only problem with your suggestion is that there isn't a model for the Jumbo, unless Relic would be willing to use the model for the Easy 8 as the model for the Jumbo. I'd be happy with even a non-doctrinal Easy 8 (make it a side upgrade on Tier 3). If that happened, Rifle Company could replace the Easy 8 with the Pershing which would help that commander greatly.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 27
unknown 7

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment