Login

russian armor

New USF doctrine is too good

26 Jun 2019, 08:39 AM

- WP Sherman hard countering AT-guns. Not sure why WP Sherman + bulldozer is one slot ability. It´s silly. 110 Fuel Shermans with high HP armor and built in hard counter to AT-guns? Who thought this was a good idea?

- Rifle Grenade is a horrible design. Makes enemy micro like crazy just to still lose all the engagements because units who need to mover can´t fight properly. Unlike a flamer the RE shoots the grenade from a safe distance over shot blockers etc. It´s basically like a mortar but 10x better. I think it´s both too good and badly designed. On maps with lots of garrisons it´s even worse because you can put the RE into the house and they still shoot the damn grenades. Why is that?

- Molotovs for Riflemen are good increasing USF potency in infantry engagements even more without any drawback. It´s USF and UKF design that you need to tech grenades. Now you don't and it makes the Volks/Grens vs Riflemen dynamic even more unbalanced.

- Sprint + Rangers with elite zooks = Terrible idea. PzGrens with Shrecks are ok because of 4 men but on a durable 5 men Rangers squad this is just another silly idea. The power creep with this doctrine is once again just too much. How many more buffs does USF get???
26 Jun 2019, 09:01 AM

110 Fuel Shermans with high HP armor

*390 MP and 130 FU Shermans.
26 Jun 2019, 09:06 AM

- Sprint + Rangers with elite zooks = Terrible idea. PzGrens with Shrecks are ok because of 4 men but on a durable 5 men Rangers squad this is just another silly idea. The power creep with this doctrine is once again just too much. How many more buffs does USF get???

* more cheap, 0cp, 5men x2 Pzshreck + snare skills for Panzerfusilier
26 Jun 2019, 09:23 AM

26 Jun 2019, 10:24 AM

Gimmicks.

They're really not.

White Phosphorous shells are insanely good: before this you only got them on a Comet.

Giving them to the Sherman, a unit that already has the excellent HE rounds, turns it into a superlative anti-tank gun killer.

Throw in the armour upgrade and it also gains the edge over medium tanks: you've made is about as tough as an Easy Eight.
26 Jun 2019, 10:47 AM

U forget about op caliope lol
But seriously this commander is decent u should try sometimes play alies after patch
u will notice its not that good as u think its just popular right now thats it
for urban maps armor company is still better so maybe we should nerf it too ?
About Wp shell on sherman its ok i guess more op is wp shell on HT but no one compalins for 4 years so ?
26 Jun 2019, 10:57 AM

U forget about op caliope lol
But seriously this commander is decent u should try sometimes play alies after patch
u will notice its not that good as u think its just popular right now thats it
for urban maps armor company is still better so maybe we should nerf it too ?
About Wp shell on sherman its ok i guess more op is wp shell on HT but no one compalins for 4 years so ?

It may sound totaly crazy for you, but there are people who play both factions. And im pretty sure blvckdream is one of them.

(You can even see his playercard if you look at his profil).

Crazy, right?
26 Jun 2019, 11:03 AM

It may sound totaly crazy for you, but there are people who play both factions. And im pretty sure blvckdream is one of them.

(You can even see his playercard if you look at his profil).

Crazy, right?
"u should try sometimes play alies after patch"
So crazy but i appreciate u try
His post just dont suggest that he play alies enough aftet patch because arguments about op sherman are just funny
26 Jun 2019, 11:58 AM

"u should try sometimes play alies after patch"
So crazy but i appreciate u try
His post just dont suggest that he play alies enough aftet patch because arguments about op sherman are just funny

Yeah. Very funny indeed. Maybe you should try playing Axis because your playercard is pretty onesided.

26 Jun 2019, 12:11 PM

The issue isn’t that the sherman gets a WP shell, the issue is the WP shells aren’t nerfed like they should be. Who in their right mind thinks it’s okay for them to slow down units to a crawl? Soviet incendiary rounds barrage and stun nades were nerfed, but WP is a usf ability so I guess it gets preferential treatment.
26 Jun 2019, 12:21 PM

The issue isn’t that the sherman gets a WP shell, the issue is the WP shells aren’t nerfed like they should be. Who in their right mind thinks it’s okay for them to slow down units to a crawl? Soviet incendiary rounds barrage and stun nades were nerfed, but WP is a usf ability so I guess it gets preferential treatment.

You are aware of WP nades on OKW infantry, are you?
And they are STOCK.
Will you now start complaining about that too, or is it exclusively allies issue again?
26 Jun 2019, 12:35 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 12:21 PMKatitof

And they are STOCK.
Will you now start complaining about that too, or is it exclusively allies issue again?

Those nades are not exactly like WP shells, they are sharing denial-role with molotovs, with bit more of damage on impact.

WP can block LoS, slow down models inside and keeps burning until healed, therefore more capable in attack. Yet, area of effect is quite small, while cost is simular to OKW lava-nade, so it seems fine for me.

Yeah, sorry for faultfinding.
26 Jun 2019, 12:58 PM

Those nades are not exactly like WP shells, they are sharing denial-role with molotovs, with bit more of damage on impact.

WP can block LoS, slow down models inside and keeps burning until healed, therefore more capable in attack. Yet, area of effect is quite small, while cost is simular to OKW lava-nade, so it seems fine for me.

Yeah, sorry for faultfinding.

Umm....
These nades block los, slow down models inside and KILL if you stand in them and they do it pretty rapidly.
They also have decent range, go off instantly and have decent aoe.

And no WP in game has lingering effect if you leave area, so that's bullshit right there.

So, I was right after all, you were not aware of them.
26 Jun 2019, 13:07 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 12:58 PMKatitof

Umm....
These nades block los, slow down models inside and KILL if you stand in them and they do it pretty rapidly.
They also have decent range, go off instantly and have decent aoe.

And no WP in game has lingering effect if you leave area, so that's bullshit right there.

So, I was right after all, you were not aware of them.

Are you arguing just for the sake of it? Do you realize ukf assault sections have actual WP grenades? What are you even comparing?

Go outside dude.
26 Jun 2019, 13:41 PM

I wonder why no one brought up this in during preview...:)
26 Jun 2019, 13:43 PM

The mechanic of how WP snares infantry, even retreating infantry is completely retarded.
26 Jun 2019, 14:21 PM

Nerf fast tigers first
26 Jun 2019, 15:00 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 12:21 PMKatitof
And they are STOCK.

Those are on infantry squads though. You expect those to counter AT guns, and if an infantry squad gets grenade range on an HMG it's dead anyway.

The problem is one doctrine giving the Sherman the power to counter both AT guns and medium armour pretty hard.
26 Jun 2019, 15:50 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

I would've also rather seen the addition of the EZ8 instead of the bulldozer stuff. EZ8 is already fantastic, just not accessible. Kinda like how rangers were.... but then they got buffed... cause they weren't good... Kappa

Powercreep of most new doctrines has been very prevalent though. OKW overwatch is a prime example.

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 14:21 PMblancat
Nerf fast tigers first

+1
26 Jun 2019, 16:26 PM

I tried this commander in a couple of 4v4's and found that I bled manpower too much. It might be too good in 1's or 2's, as blackdream claims, but in a larger game it isn't as good as any of the Tiger commanders, IS-2, etc, or even other some other USF commanders.

I realize that 4v4 takes a back seat to 1's or 2's but would like to see something done for USF in those modes and see it done in a way that doesn't mess up 1's or 2's. It gets boring playing Jacksons, double Scotts and infantry blob every game. Giving the USF a Pershing unlock similar to the OKW KT unlock would help, and the fuel requirements would be large enough that it wouldn't affect 1v1's.

I know some people are complaining about this patch, but to me it seems like one of the best ones that we've had in terms of balance. It's also been much better in terms of bugs than a lot of patches. Also, how many other games are still getting patched five years after release?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS