Login

russian armor

Churchill + Jackson impossible to defeat without Elephants

26 Jun 2019, 20:33 PM

Pack howie, yes.

WASP literally gets 1 hit by double schrecks lol.

Since it is a vehicle which do not require fuel at all and upgrade is quiet cheap for this kind you can just deal with it and use shotblockers. That unit is useful, and, by the way, not the only one which can carry garrisons for UKF without picking LM doc
26 Jun 2019, 22:04 PM

Pak wall, use your panther defensivley to stop the churchills killing the paks.

Stuka strafe will help wreck them too, provided you use it well and gain good vision.
26 Jun 2019, 22:36 PM

Okay, so I watched your replay.
tl;dr
L2P

long answer:
1st lost Panther: Charging a damaged PV into a pair of Fireflys
2nd lost PV: Charging a damaged panther into a Churchill supported by an AT gun, and then pointing its rear armor toawrds said Churchill
3rd lost PV: You tried to repair it right on the frontline, had it P47'd (and your pioneers killed), and then you moved it like 10 meters back and just left it there at half health, letting a pair of AT guns and a Jackson finish it off.
4th lost PV: trying to fight a Churchill supported by an AT gun AND AT infantry, don't know what you expected to happen.

Stop throwing those Panthers away like that or I'll have you reported for animal cruelty.

2. After losing your initial Pak40, you didn't build a single AT gun (!) (until 50 min, when the game was over anyway), despite floating 500+ manpower. You didn't ever bother recrewing your lost AT for so long that the USF player went and got it himself.
In fact you didn't have a single source of AT other than the Panther(!)(which you proceeded to lose in some silly way anyway), inbetween losing your panthers there were moments when you had no AT at all, no AT guns, no Shrecks on Pgrens, no Stugs. Your teammate had to do the heavy lifting all by himself (OKW wasn't that brilliant either, when his JP4 drove past 25%hp vet3 Churchill (with its rear pointed at the JP4 i might add) without firing a single shot, allwing it to escape).

Meanwhile allies had a combination of AT inf, multiple AT guns (even a 17p) and Tank destroyers (talking about sources of AT alone)
You can complain about allied TDs all you want, but you didn't lose a single Panther to one of them, at least not beyond range 50 anyway.

3. The USF player was so ahead, that he replaced 3 lost Jacksons and still had 170 fuel left.

Pro tips: micro better, don't throw away expensive vehicles and make a more varied army, allies didn't have "churchills and jacksons", they a had a force made of mixed AT units, AI units and everything inbetween. Combined Arms yo.
27 Jun 2019, 00:23 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 20:21 PMKatitof

(that's why the ATG part is there, if you want one unit to handle it all, stop being in denial about Ele/JT.)

What part of what I said was denial about Ele/JT? I was just calling out your bad idea to build stugs against this.
27 Jun 2019, 03:03 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 22:36 PMMusti
Okay, so I watched your replay.
tl;dr
L2P

long answer:
1st lost Panther: Charging a damaged PV into a pair of Fireflys
2nd lost PV: Charging a damaged panther into a Churchill supported by an AT gun, and then pointing its rear armor toawrds said Churchill
3rd lost PV: You tried to repair it right on the frontline, had it P47'd (and your pioneers killed), and then you moved it like 10 meters back and just left it there at half health, letting a pair of AT guns and a Jackson finish it off.
4th lost PV: trying to fight a Churchill supported by an AT gun AND AT infantry, don't know what you expected to happen.

Stop throwing those Panthers away like that or I'll have you reported for animal cruelty.

2. After losing your initial Pak40, you didn't build a single AT gun (!) (until 50 min, when the game was over anyway), despite floating 500+ manpower. You didn't ever bother recrewing your lost AT for so long that the USF player went and got it himself.
In fact you didn't have a single source of AT other than the Panther(!)(which you proceeded to lose in some silly way anyway), inbetween losing your panthers there were moments when you had no AT at all, no AT guns, no Shrecks on Pgrens, no Stugs. Your teammate had to do the heavy lifting all by himself (OKW wasn't that brilliant either, when his JP4 drove past 25%hp vet3 Churchill (with its rear pointed at the JP4 i might add) without firing a single shot, allwing it to escape).

Meanwhile allies had a combination of AT inf, multiple AT guns (even a 17p) and Tank destroyers (talking about sources of AT alone)
You can complain about allied TDs all you want, but you didn't lose a single Panther to one of them, at least not beyond range 50 anyway.

3. The USF player was so ahead, that he replaced 3 lost Jacksons and still had 170 fuel left.

Pro tips: micro better, don't throw away expensive vehicles and make a more varied army, allies didn't have "churchills and jacksons", they a had a force made of mixed AT units, AI units and everything inbetween. Combined Arms yo.

I’m the OKW player
27 Jun 2019, 04:36 AM

Your not supposed to spam panthers, it's not intended to work (unless they are spamming mediums, which is rare).

It's nearly always going to fall flat against tank destroyers. Not least because your wasting all your fuel on something which won't help Vs superior allied infantry.
27 Jun 2019, 05:03 AM

Permanently Banned
Your not supposed to spam panthers, it's not intended to work (unless they are spamming mediums, which is rare).

It's nearly always going to fall flat against tank destroyers. Not least because your wasting all your fuel on something which won't help Vs superior allied infantry.

What should I get? A king tiger? :loco:

Or a Jagdpanzer, with zero anti infantry to deal with allied OP infantry compared to Panthers some anti infantry?

Or an Jagdtiger, which as I say, I don’t like because it’s repetitive and is bad design as it’s a doctrinal counter to a tech tree unit?
27 Jun 2019, 05:14 AM

As OST, I really like Spotting Scopes. Panthers can utilize their full range and act as brawlers, instead of divers, also spotting for AT guns and allow you to reposition: they give +100% sight aka 70 instead of 35, so you see them first and can shoot at panther's full range of 50- getting the first hit means a lot. Also, a pair of stugs with scopes deliver pain all day long, not to mention Ostwind which will shred infantry from further. They come with Jaeger Armor of course, but also with German Mechanised which has static howis and smoke recon, useful for team games.

Other than that, a couple of shrek teams to accompany tanks do wonders.

As OKW, I use the infrared halftrack- if you know where they push, you reposition raks, panthers and set your JP4's. Command panther also has extra sight, and Fortification Doctrine has pak43's. People whine about pak43, but it's an extremely good investment at 400MP 40FU, will always kill a medium at least, so we talk about ~350MP 100FU. Plenty of choices on solid commanders, which have AI and anti garrison as well.

27 Jun 2019, 08:00 AM

What should I get?

a Jagdpanzer

Actually, yes. Those destroy tanks and everything.
27 Jun 2019, 08:09 AM

A) Yes, buy TDs sometimes.

B) Stop trying to think about and frame this as 'needing a doctrinal response to a non doc unit'. It doesn't help abd that attitude will ALWAYS fail in team games

What you are fighting is a combination of units and strengths from two different armies working together, when facing Churchills and Jacksons. That sort of synergy demands that you formulate an appropriate response.

That could come in many forms. Doctrines are one of them. You will have to consider what your team mixup will be in order to properly respond.

A Jagdtiger combined with some supporting AT guns or TDs as well as allied Ost Panzerwerfers basically hard counters a churchill jackson build. A team game roster should also include a way to scout and remove on map artillery, or you arrived under prepares.

The tools exist.

Team games require planning.

Plan and use those tools.
27 Jun 2019, 09:40 AM

Does the elephant work? Yes!

Is it doctrinal vs nondoctrinal? Also Yes!

Therefore IMO its a bad solution.

As always pure gold

But true is whatever alies have double jackson or double churchill or churchill and jackson. elefant counter evry combination
Self spotting monster for braindead people
U need 10× more micro to kill it and witout good commander its impossible
About Non doctrinal solution ? For any alie combination? Easy double panther or double jagpanzer
27 Jun 2019, 10:05 AM

I’m the OKW player

Oh, that makes it awkward, i kinda assumed you were ost with all the talk about Elefant and whatnot
I'd probably have to rewatch the replay from your perspective to get a full picture, but here's a shorter list

1. You had your JPIV go right past a near dead churchill without firing a single shot (I bet it was on move command), so yeah, small micro mistake.

2. Your opponents were coordinated, employing avariety of units, meanwhile your teammate was losing stuff left and right, and had NO AT for almost the entire game... You don't expect to 1v2 allies do you?

3. I'm sorry that you just can't play with what you want and win, but thats how life works, it's called "meta", get used to it.

4. There are plenty of other suggested solutions to your problem, like Pak43, HEAT shells etc. or not having a teammate that literally throws away 700 fuel.
28 Jun 2019, 06:05 AM

Jacksons aren’t OP maybe Churchills are under priced
28 Jun 2019, 06:30 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jun 2019, 10:05 AMMusti

Oh, that makes it awkward, i kinda assumed you were ost with all the talk about Elefant and whatnot
I'd probably have to rewatch the replay from your perspective to get a full picture, but here's a shorter list

1. You had your JPIV go right past a near dead churchill without firing a single shot (I bet it was on move command), so yeah, small micro mistake.

2. Your opponents were coordinated, employing avariety of units, meanwhile your teammate was losing stuff left and right, and had NO AT for almost the entire game... You don't expect to 1v2 allies do you?

3. I'm sorry that you just can't play with what you want and win, but thats how life works, it's called "meta", get used to it.

4. There are plenty of other suggested solutions to your problem, like Pak43, HEAT shells etc. or not having a teammate that literally throws away 700 fuel.

Yeah the meta point is true. I mostly play Ost/Brits, and am rank 1300- as Ost in 2v2. For some reason the game put me at rank 4000- as OKW, and I’m used to having an equal teammate.

Looking back, it was mostly just salt from losing the match. I sadly can’t go pak 43 as OKW as I don’t own defensive doctrine, but meta will be meta. That’s why Brits “have to” go mobile Assault for rocket arty, and why USF “have to” go heavy Calvary for a heavy tank.

And I am ok with elephant/ Jagdtiger being meta. I would prefer if no one “had to” pick a specific commander, but that’s sadly not possible

Thanks for taking time to give input!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS