Login

russian armor

USF Riflemen kinda fix.

25 Jun 2019, 21:58 PM

Everyone knows that Riflemen in the beginning have sometimes a tough time against Axis due to its price and early effectiveness.

So, I was thinking that maybe make Riflemen cost around 260 manpower or 270 instead.

BUT

at the cost of nade and weaponry tech upgrades costing more, accordingly.

The point is to.

1./ Put them on the field faster in order to maintain better control

2./ In order to sustain probably lesser losses due to the fact that you are being outnumbered/outgunned

3./ Reduce the loss of early manpower

Do not know if it is going to shift the balance of the game but I would like to hear as to what you guys have to say about this!
25 Jun 2019, 22:06 PM
Director of Moderation Badge

Problem lies in OKW, not in USF IMO. Because USF does very much alright against OST, but lacks the early power of volks + sturms.
25 Jun 2019, 22:08 PM

Rifelemn where fine for a very long time and where even op at one point.

It the other infatry that have been buffed and too much imo.
25 Jun 2019, 22:13 PM

Problem lies in OKW, not in USF IMO. Because USF does very much alright against OST, but lacks the early power of volks + sturms.

Yes, USF does have a hard time early against OKW.

I mean this idea of reducing cost can help them in some way combat this difficulty.

Maybe a buff for Rear Echelon to make it more of a reliant combat unit. Price should be 220 manpower instead and it should receive an accuracy buff accordingly. Becomes also a more viable option instead of Riflemen mostly.

So say if you are against OKW, you can pick more Echelons instead to deal with the situation. Just an idea!

To change the adaption of the situation. It may be a good idea!
25 Jun 2019, 22:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jun 2019, 22:08 PMVipper
Rifelemn where fine for a very long time and where even op at one point.

It the other infatry that have been buffed and too much imo.

Which units are buffed too much, if you do not mind me asking?
25 Jun 2019, 22:29 PM

the problem lies in the okw starting MP reduce it and u fix it
25 Jun 2019, 22:52 PM

No; let's not further buff one of the best mainline infantry units in the game. This would just further hurt OST and force them further into early call-in meta.

The problem right now is, as other have said, OKW. We could instead slightly adjust volks early scaling, and see how that goes.
25 Jun 2019, 23:12 PM

Which units are buffed too much, if you do not mind me asking?

nearly every unit that has been changed and is available before minute 2 :).
25 Jun 2019, 23:12 PM

Id say the only good way to making usf starting viable is to give rear echelons some Thompsons. Adjust survivability. Of course raising their price to match sturm. Also adjusting staring MP. This should make us more viable against both OST or OKW.
ddd
25 Jun 2019, 23:16 PM

Make WC51 nondoctrinal as a way to fight OKW early without bleeding MP.

Or reduce MP cost on ambulance, weapon racks and nades.

Or make riflemen cheaper to reinforce, that wont matter that much vs OST as long as their price stays the same. Only early sniper strat will be less viable.
26 Jun 2019, 01:04 AM

+100
26 Jun 2019, 06:21 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

the problem lies in the okw starting MP reduce it and u fix it

Expanding on it.

You remove around ±30mp from the initial mp pool and you give it back in cost on the SwS. This slows downs OKW Volk production and fielding while still maintaining the total tech cost for the faction.

USF struggles against OKW cause you are fighting RET vs SP as your starter unit. Then either Kubel gets cap speed and/or you get outspammed early on by Volks.
Volks basically trade evenly against Rifles unless Rifles manage to engage them below 20 range. Whoever is defensive is more likely to win unless Rifles can approach from blind points.

OKW usually gets 4 units + SP. Then techs.
USF usually gets 3 units + RET. Around 2:30 they will tech towards one of their officers. It takes 70s till the officer arrives.

This is when you get an edge as OKW against USF.
26 Jun 2019, 12:08 PM

It’s really hard to buff riflemen when you get free officers as usf and you have weapon racks for instant cheap upgrades to boost firepower.

Personally I’d like a slight buff to riflemen if they lost a weapon slot. Like 260mp and slightly better received accuracy. Oh and vet 0 snares, no more vet 1 snares wtf.
26 Jun 2019, 12:19 PM

It’s really hard to buff riflemen when you get free officers as usf and you have weapon racks for instant cheap upgrades to boost firepower.

Personally I’d like a slight buff to riflemen if they lost a weapon slot. Like 260mp and slightly better received accuracy. Oh and vet 0 snares, no more vet 1 snares wtf.

I will never get enough laughs of people referring USF weapon racks "cheap upgrades", apparently 120 muni per squad is "cheap" but 60-70 per squad is not depending exclusively on side of conflict.

There is nothing cheap about USF weapon racks.
26 Jun 2019, 13:06 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jun 2019, 12:19 PMKatitof

I will never get enough laughs of people referring USF weapon racks "cheap upgrades", apparently 120 muni per squad is "cheap" but 60-70 per squad is not depending exclusively on side of conflict.

There is nothing cheap about USF weapon racks.

Oh wow, almost as if different factions spend munitions for different things,

Who would have thought...
26 Jun 2019, 14:10 PM

The only thing that I would change about stock Riflemen would be a very minor cost reduction from 280 purchase price and 28 reinforce price, to 270 and 27. The most minor of cost reduction.

As to how do you reduce OKW early dominance? I think Elchino hit the nail on the head. It’s all about the speed at which they can field Volksgrenadiers, while being already backed up by Sturm Pioneers.

So you either need to hurt the speed at which VolksGrenadiers can be fielded by adjusting either their starting resources or the cost of Volks squads themselves, or you nerf the effectiveness of Sturm Pioneers.

Perhaps give the starting Sturm Pioneers MP40s instead of StG44s. They then automatically upgrade to have StG44s for free once the first truck is build, and any Sturm Pioneer squads you build from HQ are unchanged and still get StG44s right away.
26 Jun 2019, 15:21 PM

The only thing that I would change about stock Riflemen would be a very minor cost reduction from 280 purchase price and 28 reinforce price, to 270 and 27. The most minor of cost reduction.

As to how do you reduce OKW early dominance? I think Elchino hit the nail on the head. It’s all about the speed at which they can field Volksgrenadiers, while being already backed up by Sturm Pioneers.

So you either need to hurt the speed at which VolksGrenadiers can be fielded by adjusting either their starting resources or the cost of Volks squads themselves, or you nerf the effectiveness of Sturm Pioneers.

Perhaps give the starting Sturm Pioneers MP40s instead of StG44s. They then automatically upgrade to have StG44s for free once the first truck is build, and any Sturm Pioneer squads you build from HQ are unchanged and still get StG44s right away.

I think the idea with Sturmpio starting with MP40 may be a good start. To reduce their impact on early gameplay. Later after 1 base built, get the option to acquire Stg44. Since their impact on early gains wont be as much when they begin with MP40.

Sounds good.

I do not see why Volks should be more expensive, considering that their performance with Grens are on par.

Reducing the cost of manpower in the beginning might render OKW vulnerable as they do not have AT to counter vehicles. I mean there is Rak but its a pretty crap support AT weapon.

So, Sturmpio starting with MP40 is a good idea .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★